ImageImageImageImageImage

Since Jay-Bay will most likely fall...

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jerryd Bayless
Banned User
And1: 0

Since Jay-Bay will most likely fall... 

Post#1 » by Jerryd Bayless » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:35 pm

What do you think about trading for the 8-10th pick? Trade Lee/expiring or something.

Draft Danilo and Bayless.
What I don't get is the no-love for Bayless. He has the exact game of Monta Ellis with a mixture of Gilbert Arenas in it. He is unstoppable driving through the lane (which he doesn't do enough) and has a pure jumper.
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Re: Since Jay-Bay will most likely fall... 

Post#2 » by Flaming Mo » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:36 pm

Bayless has the certain killer instinct you need to be a big time player in the NBA. He has confidence, a boatload of talent and he's very young. He will have a few years under a smart coach like D'antoni and that could do wonders for him. I would go nuts if we selected Gallinari over him actually...
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#3 » by bringinhinkie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:36 pm

hes not falling, hes going 4th after rose beasley and mayo
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#4 » by Balkman32 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:39 pm

NO to both players! How many championships has Gilbert or Monta won? NONE They are good players, don't get me wrong. But, thoes types of players are not Championship players. If you want to trade Lee for the 8-10th pick. Package that pick and the 6th for Michael Beasley. That is where it is at.
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#5 » by nykgeneralmanager » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:41 pm

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:hes not falling, hes going 4th after rose beasley and mayo

I agree, this whole Lopez to Seattle thing came from absolutely nowhere a few days ago in everybodys mock drafts, yet there were no reports or even rumors about it. People are banking on it for no reason.
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#6 » by nykgeneralmanager » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:43 pm

Balkman32 wrote:NO to both players! How many championships has Gilbert or Monta won? NONE They are good players, don't get me wrong. But, thoes types of players are not Championship players. If you want to trade Lee for the 8-10th pick. Package that pick and the 6th for Michael Beasley. That is where it is at.

So Bayless isn't a championship player, yet Beasley is? Beasley's character and everything else about him has been questioned, nothing about Bayless has. People compare Beasley to a Melo type, is he more of a champion than Arenas?
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#7 » by bringinhinkie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:43 pm

i dont see any resemblance of gilbert in him.. and also a players skillset does not determine if they are championship players or not, its the intangibles.. no one knows their intangibles yet after jus 1 year of school
Jerryd Bayless
Banned User

Post#8 » by Jerryd Bayless » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:45 pm

Balkman32 wrote:NO to both players! How many championships has Gilbert or Monta won? NONE They are good players, don't get me wrong. But, thoes types of players are not Championship players. If you want to trade Lee for the 8-10th pick. Package that pick and the 6th for Michael Beasley. That is where it is at.

not that i want to say it but to make a point how many did ewing win? and KG just won one. that is the dumbest comment i've heard in awhile.
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#9 » by Flaming Mo » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:47 pm

So what's your comparison for Beasley?!? As he is a SF/PF he better be a guy like Duncan or Garnett or something... well, he's not, so what does make him a championship player?!?
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#10 » by HEZI » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:26 pm

Bayless wont be anything better than Rodney Stuckey.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,065

Post#11 » by moocow007 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:28 pm

I don't know about that, I think optimally Bayless might be a Tony Parker type PG. Great speed, nice offensively and enough to get his assists in the right environment and with the right teammates.
eviL
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#12 » by eviL » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:29 pm

SMAC-K wrote:Bayless wont be anything better than Rodney Stuckey.

Stuckey came on at the end of the season when he got some playing time.. In a few years Stuckey is gonna be a player.
HEZI
RealGM

Post#13 » by HEZI » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:32 pm

evil_e wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:Bayless wont be anything better than Rodney Stuckey.

Stuckey came on at the end of the season when he got some playing time.. In a few years Stuckey is gonna be a player.

I know that and I agree. But people are overhyping Bayless like he will be a star. Hes going to be a nice player, but dont expect this guy to reach the level of some of the big star PGs in this league.
HEZI
RealGM

Post#14 » by HEZI » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:34 pm

I would say Bayless can have a very nice career like a Jason Terry type. But without a couple star players, dont expect Bayless to lead anybody anywhere.
aveboogie7
Bench Warmer

Post#15 » by aveboogie7 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:36 pm

moocow007 wrote:I don't know about that, I think optimally Bayless might be a Tony Parker type PG. Great speed, nice offensively and enough to get his assists in the right environment and with the right teammates.

Bayless will be a nightmare for most PG'ss in the NBA. He's got the quickness to get by guys, but has deep range on his shot, something neither Paul or Parker have. You can't give him the perimeter shot and you can't crowd him too much. I thought Bayless looked small too, but the guy lived at the free throw line at Arizona which would indicate some fearlessness/toughness to continually drive the ball hard.

Defensively he's probably got some room for improvements and I don't know about him playing any PG...

You could do alot worse than draft Bayless if he's there.
nynixlive
Sixth Man
And1: 38

Post#16 » by nynixlive » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:39 pm

I believe the Clips take Gordon, Memp takes Love and we take Danilo, BUT I WANT BAYLESS!!!!!
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#17 » by Paeds » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:18 pm

If we dont get Mayo, Gordon or Bayless i will be very dissapointed tonight

Return to New York Knicks