ImageImageImageImageImage

Glut of 19 year olds this draft, including Brook Lopez

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Glut of 19 year olds this draft, including Brook Lopez 

Post#1 » by richardhutnik » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:15 pm

It was mention Brook Lopez is 19 years old on the ESPN pre-draft special (younger than Mayo actually). Westbrook is 19 also. Throw in Love and so on, and there is a near glut of players under 20 this draft (add Gallinari also). The age factor is what caught me a bit about Lopez. I personally believe this leads to a lot of uncertainty, because teams are projecting upside, even with Lopez. Lopez is no Hibbert in this regard.

Anyone else see that players are being placed all over the draft board, because of a belief in "upside"? I believe Westbrook being known as a defender (rare trait) combined with his age, is resulting in the rise also.

- Rich
Zerostatic
General Manager
And1: 537

Re: Glut of 19 year olds this draft, including Brook Lopez 

Post#2 » by Zerostatic » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:14 pm

Don't forget this freshmen class has been highly touted for years. I think the hype is deserved. When we look back at this draft I think it'll have more legit NBA players then the average draft and the 19 year olds are going to be a big part of that.

Return to New York Knicks