ImageImageImageImageImage

Gallinari drops 27 on former NBA players (Video)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

arenas809
Pro Prospect
And1: 75

Re: Gallinari drops 27 on former NBA players (Video) 

Post#41 » by arenas809 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:30 pm

Zerostatic wrote:This clip shows Gallinari dropping 27 points and his team blowing out Maccabi Elite. The thing that will interest some of you anti-Euro guys is that the starting line-up of Maccabi Elite has 4 american guys who at one point were signed to NBA contracts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui9GMwspe7Q

The 4 guys are:
Marcus Fizer (NBA all rookie 2nd team, double figure scorer with Bulls)
Vontego Cummings (3 seasons in the NBA including a 9.4ppg, 3.3 apg season with the warriors)
Terence Morris (played 3 seasons in the NBA but never really did anything was on the all ACC first team, second team, and third team at different points in his career)
David Bluthenthal (Played with the Kings one season, was honorable mention pac-10 with USC)

I can't believe you're my compai, this was awful "evidence", avoid law school.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,142

Post#42 » by TrueWarrior » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:43 am

arenas809 wrote:
Zerostatic wrote:This clip shows Gallinari dropping 27 points and his team blowing out Maccabi Elite. The thing that will interest some of you anti-Euro guys is that the starting line-up of Maccabi Elite has 4 american guys who at one point were signed to NBA contracts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui9GMwspe7Q

The 4 guys are:
Marcus Fizer (NBA all rookie 2nd team, double figure scorer with Bulls)
Vontego Cummings (3 seasons in the NBA including a 9.4ppg, 3.3 apg season with the warriors)
Terence Morris (played 3 seasons in the NBA but never really did anything was on the all ACC first team, second team, and third team at different points in his career)
David Bluthenthal (Played with the Kings one season, was honorable mention pac-10 with USC)

I can't believe you're my compai, this was awful "evidence", avoid law school.

I bet you wanted Bayless or Gordon huh? Those guys would have been amazing picks for us. PSHHH clown...
Windian
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#43 » by Windian » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:01 am

I secretly wanted us to draft him (knowing that Mayo/Rose/Beasley would be gone of course). I mean, say what you will about competition (I'm pretty positive Euroleague teams would **** on NCAA teams) but this guy has handles, can shoot 40% from three, and is actually pretty **** quick. Not to mention that he's supposedly actually 6'10 and is projected to grow another inch. I'm very pleased with this pick.
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#44 » by randomhero423 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:03 am

maybe he can end up being a better andres nocioni
BullSoxChicago'sFinest
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#45 » by BullSoxChicago'sFinest » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:16 am

Debut wrote:very cool, NCAA is for sure a lower standard of play than top flight euroleague(2nd best league in the world). Danilo's numbers in college would probably be 24ppg, 8.5rpg, 4apg, playing against kids that probably couldn't even make a euroleage roster and not grown men like in Serie A, where Marbury want to go next year.

I think this is the big point everyone's missing. Then tie in his age while he did his thing, against better and more experienced competition, even more impressive
The Lord is saving my life; Trust in Him and you'll see the same : ): Daily Scripture Readings
Ask a saint like Padre Pio to ask Jesus to send you a conversion moment. What's the worst that can happen if you don't believe anyways? ;) Prayer works
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#46 » by KOA » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:51 am

How is someone in their prime when they are 30? Unless you are a superstar player like KG, Kobe, or Lebron, you will breakdown at that age.
NYSPORTSNUCCA
Lead Assistant
And1: 87

Post#47 » by NYSPORTSNUCCA » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:38 am

knicks82385 wrote:
Zerostatic wrote:The funny thing about all the negative posters is that they are the bandwagoners. If Gallinari tears it up in summer league, and has a few big games early in the season, these are the guys that are going to be over-rating him and saying he is future star and that he's untradeable and all that.

It was the same thing with Channing Frye. Everyone wanted Gerald Greene because he slipped, when we picked Frye everyone was going bonkers, I was the one telling you that Frye would work well in our system and that he was NBA ready but no there were still haters. Then after Frye overachieved and was one of the best rookies, those same people were saying that Frye is untradeable, some even said they wouldn't deal him for KG!!! I remember even though I was the one campaigning for people to be open-minded about him when we drafted him I was also the first one saying we should trade him while his value was high. Of course we waited and instead we got Zach Randolph.

I promise you, and you can quote me, I will never like Gallinari.

If he proves me wrong, good for him, but I will never like him.

You got to be kidding me., right?

We need to support our players and not rob them of their confidence. It would be hard for anyone to improve under those conditions.

I admit., I didn't like the pick either but not for the same reasons as most. I never seen him play so., I couldn't say that he wasn't going to be good on the NBA level. I just didn't want a forward as of yet. Everyone's talking about getting rid of Marbury and even Nate so.., okay. If thats the case.., why not get a guard or BPA guard? That was more or less why I didn't like the pick but.., I would never boo a kid just asking for a chance. The way I felt watching that is.., "New York done it again. We are going to kill this kids confidence so much that he probably wont improve and, then say.., oh look at him.., he garbage." We are already making up derogatory names for him like "Big Cock". Sounds familiar?

How can you say "you'd never like him" no matter what he does? Some of you "knick fans" take things way to seriously. Its not his fault we drafted him but.., we did. So support him. I, for one, like the discussion of this thread and appreciate the link. Its making me feel better and better about the pick. I just don't want there to be a shoot out between him and Chandler for the SF spot.
Voodoochile
Junior
And1: 4

Post#48 » by Voodoochile » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:11 pm

CaptainFanchini wrote:Bob MdAdoo, Dominque Wilkins, Joe Barry Carroll, Sugar Ray Richardson, Darryl Dawkins, George Gervin, Bill Laimbeer, Rolando Blackman, Bill Bradley, Antonio Davis, Jeff Malone, Brian Shaw, Orlando Woolridge, Ben Wallace, Brad Miller ... just to name a few ... were NBA scrubs ?

Ben Wallace was discarded by euro teams (a very weak euro team, Viola Reggio Calabria, which btw was the team that brought Ginobili in Italy when he was 18).
Euro teams need players who can play basketball on 2 sides, not just rebound and block some shots.
Voodoochile
Junior
And1: 4

Post#49 » by Voodoochile » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:16 pm

KOA wrote:How is someone in their prime when they are 30? Unless you are a superstar player like KG, Kobe, or Lebron, you will breakdown at that age.

actually, basketball players usually reach their prime (which is the best mix of athleticism, stenght, experience and refined fundamentals) between 28 and 32.
Genjuro
Sixth Man
And1: 220

Post#50 » by Genjuro » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:08 pm

It's amazing that some people still think the NCAA competition is stronger than the Euroleague. But for whatever reason, it's not that surprising coming from Knicks' fans.

So many fans bashing this kid, not knowing anything about him or the competition he has played in, so many fans stating opinions out of pure ignorance, it's sad.

It's also sad that such a good player as Gallinari will play for those fans.

You guys deserved Zeke. You can bet he would have never picked this kid. Too bad he's not the guy making the calls anymore. The NBA was funnier then, and you could always count on Thomas taking (Please Use More Appropriate Word) decisions to laugh at.

Return to New York Knicks