ImageImageImageImageImage

Ellis Chased by cavs and heat, has interest in Knicks

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Lottery Bound
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Ellis Chased by cavs and heat, has interest in Knicks 

Post#1 » by Lottery Bound » Fri Jul 4, 2008 5:00 am

Source: Warriors' Ellis would be interested in Knicks

BY ALAN HAHN | alan.hahn@newsday.com
11:57 PM EDT, July 3, 2008

While the Knicks continue to wait for Chris Duhon to accept or reject their offer, another interesting scenario is beginning to surface involving Monta Ellis, the dynamic young guard for the Golden State Warriors.

Ellis, 22, a restricted free agent, is starting to draw a great deal of attention in several sign-and-trade scenarios. A person with knowledge of the situation said nine teams have made inquiries about Ellis. The Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavaliers have shown the most interest. The Knicks, who are searching for point guard help, are not one of those teams, but a second source said the Knicks have been monitoring the situation. Warriors executive vice president Chris .Mullin has maintained he .intends to sign Ellis.

Knicks president Donnie Walsh and Mullin are close, so Walsh won't act unless Mullin is ready to deal. The source said the potential of an Ellis- Jamal Crawford backcourt "would be dynamic" in the Mike D'Antoni system. Both players averaged 20 points per game this past .season. A person close to Ellis said the lightning-quick guard "would be very interested in the Knicks" and especially playing for D'Antoni.

Ellis' agent, Jeff Fried, would not comment on the interest in his client from other NBA teams and said talks with the Warriors are ongoing. "We are continuing discussions," Fried replied in an e-mail.
MikeyY
Sixth Man
And1: 5

Re: Ellis Chased by cavs and heat, has interest in Knicks 

Post#2 » by MikeyY » Fri Jul 4, 2008 5:04 am

Monta Ellis=Nate Robinson but a little taller.

We can't have both of them.
In Isiah We Trust.
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#3 » by livintoolive » Fri Jul 4, 2008 5:12 am

MikeyY wrote:Monta Ellis=Nate Robinson but a little taller.

We can't have both of them.

I'm no fan of Nate Robinson, but if he was 6'3, he'd probably be a max player.
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
Gerald3Wallace
Assistant Coach
And1: 99

Post#4 » by Gerald3Wallace » Fri Jul 4, 2008 5:26 am

lol at comparing nate to monta.....monta is a hell of a lot better than nate...and monta would excell greatly in diantonis offense...
BklynKING
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#5 » by BklynKING » Fri Jul 4, 2008 5:39 am

I phucking sick and tired of these players saying they have interest in the knicks....and blah, blah, blah....blah. Stop using us to get more money....u know dam well u won't sign a short term deal.
Abyss Impact
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#6 » by Abyss Impact » Fri Jul 4, 2008 5:48 am

BklynKING wrote:I phucking sick and tired of these players saying they have interest in the knicks....and blah, blah, blah....blah. Stop using us to get more money....u know dam well u won't sign a short term deal.

What are you talking about? Its the Knicks chasing Ellis, not Ellis chasing the Knicks.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM

Post#7 » by VinnyTheMick » Fri Jul 4, 2008 12:34 pm

Abyss Impact wrote:
BklynKING wrote:I phucking sick and tired of these players saying they have interest in the knicks....and blah, blah, blah....blah. Stop using us to get more money....u know dam well u won't sign a short term deal.

What are you talking about? Its the Knicks chasing Ellis, not Ellis chasing the Knicks.

Reading is fundamental.

Lottery Bound wrote:

A person with knowledge of the situation said nine teams have made inquiries about Ellis. The Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavaliers have shown the most interest. The Knicks, who are searching for point guard help, are not one of those teams, but a second source said the Knicks have been monitoring the situation. A person close to Ellis said the lightning-quick guard "would be very interested in the Knicks" and especially playing for D'Antoni.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
Ballito
Starter

Post#8 » by Ballito » Fri Jul 4, 2008 12:57 pm

VinnyTheMick wrote:
Abyss Impact wrote:

Reading in fundamental.

Lottery Bound wrote:

A person with knowledge of the situation said nine teams have made inquiries about Ellis. The Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavaliers have shown the most interest. The Knicks, who are searching for point guard help, are not one of those teams, but a second source said the Knicks have been monitoring the situation. A person close to Ellis said the lightning-quick guard "would be very interested in the Knicks" and especially playing for D'Antoni.

Um, its "reading is fundamental"
VinnyTheMick
RealGM

Post#9 » by VinnyTheMick » Fri Jul 4, 2008 1:07 pm

Ballito wrote:

Um, its "reading is fundamental"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
DMan101
Senior
And1: 4

Post#10 » by DMan101 » Fri Jul 4, 2008 4:30 pm

LOl at He's just N8 Robinson

People don't understand this guy shoots 50 % from the feild the same as Nash doesn't take much threes neither ect. he gets in that midrange and paint and takes high percentage shots and makes them.

He's the truth 20 5 & 5 for the next 10 years we get him I forget about 2010 and still build a good cap responsible team

Monte, ____, Wilson, Danilo, Hell I'd Keep Lee if we get Ellis for 2010
ChemicalBk.Tumblr.com
MikeyY
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by MikeyY » Fri Jul 4, 2008 5:06 pm

Ya'll are overrating the HELL out of Monta Ellis.

The guy is just another sg-pg hybrid. We have ENOUGH of those. We need a true pg... that's the kind of guy that excels in D'Antoni's offense.

Ellis was already in a Run N' Gun system in Golden State. We saw what he can do. Nate Robinson can do exactly that, and he'll do it off the bench in a lot less time.

In Isiah We Trust.
DMan101
Senior
And1: 4

Post#12 » by DMan101 » Fri Jul 4, 2008 5:08 pm

MikeyY wrote:Ya'll are overrating the HELL out of Monta Ellis.

The guy is just another sg-pg hybrid. We have ENOUGH of those. We need a true pg... that's the kind of guy that excels in D'Antoni's offense.

Ellis was already in a Run N' Gun system in Golden State. We saw what he can do. Nate Robinson can do exactly that, and he'll do it off the bench in a lot less time.

20 5 & 5

He rebounds what you want from your SF he scores what you want from a star Center /PF the same way high percentage He creates 5 apg also setting up others..

mm dude he's better than guys like Joe Johnson & Vince Carter that's for sure 8th seed contending eastern teams... then again he's only 23 and doing this
ChemicalBk.Tumblr.com
Clyde2
Senior

Post#13 » by Clyde2 » Fri Jul 4, 2008 5:09 pm

I like how you are thinking Dman101. This is a possibility. Even though NY has not directly contacted Ellis, the fact that they are monitoring the situation means that potentially Ellis could come to NY. This comes with IFs: the Duhon signing does not happen and Dolan works out a sign and trade with Mullin.
Knick Fan since last championship. We know that was a LONG time ago.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,892

Post#14 » by cgf » Fri Jul 4, 2008 5:10 pm

MikeyY wrote:Ya'll are overrating the HELL out of Monta Ellis.

Ellis was on a team with this guy, I think his name is Baron Davis, that prevented him from being the primary ballhandler and PG :roll:

Anyways even in that situation Ellis still showed a lot of the things you need to succeed as a PG, good handle, good vision, willingnes to get others involved when he didn't have a great shot or lane to drive.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Return to New York Knicks