ImageImageImageImageImage

Attn: WHY DO YOU WANT TO BUYOUT MARBURY?!?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,325

Re: Attn Idiots: WHY DO YOU WANT TO BUYOUT MARBURY?!? 

Post#21 » by douggood » Fri Jul 4, 2008 10:58 pm

enivel wrote:Whether you like it or not, Marbury has value this season simply because of his contract. If you want to send him home and keep him away from the team, that's totally fine, but since you're going to be paying him anyway, why not keep him on the books and then maybe trade him for something of value in February? Worst case scenario is he sits at home all season and rots and then he's off the team next summer. I don't see any good reason to actually cut him loose now unless we really need that roster spot for some marginal NBA player...

I dont think the knicks can just keep Marbury away without cause. The players association will have a fit. Cutting marbury is a simple case of 1 step back for 2 steps forward.
T-Spot
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#22 » by T-Spot » Fri Jul 4, 2008 11:01 pm

randomhero423
Head Coach

Post#23 » by randomhero423 » Fri Jul 4, 2008 11:05 pm

Starbury4lyf wrote:Its the same thing all over again. The haters will be haters. They make marbury out to be the anti-christ and blame him for everything that goes wrong in the world. Idiots. It makes no sense to buyout marbury. The guy is still the best PG and the BEST PLAYER on the team whether you want to accept it or not. Who says no1 on the team likes marbury? Jamal Crawford and Steph are really close. Not to mention Curry/Lee/Robinson..theyre all good friends. Qrich? Not sure about him..but hey didnt he get into fights with Isiah too? He doesnt have the most easy-going personality.

it does make sense to buyout "starbury". it gives time to duhon and nate. it changes the culture in the locker room. and he may be the best pg on the team and overall player, but that doesn't mean **** because the team sucks. and how do you know they are friends? have YOU been in the locker room? no STFU.

Starbury4lyf wrote:Marbury still has talent. As much as you want to deny it.. b4 Larry Brown and Isiah, Marbury was mr 20 and 8.. the only player in NBA history to average that over their career besides the legendary Oscar Robertson. Let Marbury Play. If he plays well then good..he could be valuable at the trade deadline. If not then, who cares? Theres NOTHING to lose.

the fact is, those are EMPTY stats. if he was such a great point guard, why does he only have 4 playoff apperances? and by the way, before you blame the team he was on for the lack of playoff success, mr starbury has a career fg% in the playoffs of 365% and 3pt of 276%. that's absolutely **** pathetic.

and there are things to lose. when we make trades to shed salaries, we are going to need roster space, and marbs takes up a roster spot. not to mention we are rebuilding and creating a new locker room culture to rid isiah's regime. marbs was supposed to be the star of it, and to not get rid of him would show there won't be real change.

Starbury4lyf wrote:And whats with all this "Locker Room Cancer" talk. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN THE LOCKERROOM WITH HIM? STOP MAKING THINGS UP. Marbury and KG were best friends, Marbury bought the rookie Leandro Barbosa a cadillac escalade when he was with the suns. He took him in..he mentored him.. barbosa looked up to him. Marbury is not this anti-christ, aids virus, cancer, or w/e people make him out to be. I wouldnt be the least surprised if he does the same with Danilo Gallinari and they become best friends.

Let him play.

have you ever been in the locker room? how do YOU know he has friends? how do YOU know he's not a cancer? the fact is, he walked away from his team because he wanted to start. the team VOTED TO NOT HAVE HIM PLAY. that says something. not to mention the quotes about marbury in the off season. marbs may be kind hearted, but it's PROVEN he values his agenda more than the team's and that he is not a good locker room personality.

i can't take stephon marbury fans seriously.
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com
enivel
Junior
And1: 0

Post#24 » by enivel » Fri Jul 4, 2008 11:06 pm

western221 wrote:I dont think the knicks can just keep Marbury away without cause. The players association will have a fit. Cutting marbury is a simple case of 1 step back for 2 steps forward.

What? Of course they can send him home. As long as they fulfill the terms of the contract -- aka CUT THE CHECK as Randy Moss would say -- then he's got no leg to stand on. They didn't promise him a certain amount of minutes or even that he could be on the active roster. He's an employee and they can do whatever they feel is best for the team as long as they abide by the contract. And if he talks to the media in an unsanctioned way, then they'll fine him. There are other ways to deal with people besides simply cutting them and paying them to play for another team.
nycefnl
Pro Prospect
And1: 125

Post#25 » by nycefnl » Fri Jul 4, 2008 11:08 pm

We want him bought out for the same reason people get divorced and give the bit@h half.

Marbury isn't liked. He'll take this season as a get my 30 points a night and get a better contract. We don't need his antics anymore on this team.

Next is Zach!
Clyde2
Senior

Post#26 » by Clyde2 » Fri Jul 4, 2008 11:28 pm

I agree with midtown. Marbury should not be bought out. Walsh is a very shrewd businessman. He has been around the league for a long time. He will be able to turn this roster around in a reasonable amount of time. Stay tuned to what happens beginning with the real trading season starting July 9th. Remember this mess was not created in one year and will not be changed in one year. However, changes will happen wisely and NY will see the new culture taking effect this season.
Knick Fan since last championship. We know that was a LONG time ago.
BNT1120
Junior

Post#27 » by BNT1120 » Fri Jul 4, 2008 11:42 pm

that hinrich deal really was a dumb **** walsh looked past. sigh, and gallinari might have a chance i won't loose hope on him.
Supreme Commander
Head Coach

Post#28 » by Supreme Commander » Sat Jul 5, 2008 12:04 am

I don't understand why all the idiots love the stat whores like Marbury.
StutterStep wrote:paragraph breaks
doctor fite
Starter

Post#29 » by doctor fite » Sat Jul 5, 2008 12:16 am

first of all let me compliment you on your mastery of dale carnegies principles from his "how to win friends and influence people" book. by beginning the title of this post with "Attn Idiots" you are clearly getting off on the right foot.

after that you make such incredible arguments such as

1) "he's 25x the player of any pg on this team"
yes he clearly scores 25 more points, creates 25 more assists, makes 25 more free throws, shoots a 25% higher percentage, and plays 25% better defense than any PG on our team.

2) "he's one of the better finishers at the pg position in thd league."
this was very clever. one might think you meant to replace the d with an e. however i realize you simply left out the e. you actual sentence should read "he's one of the better finishers at the pg position in the d league." yes marbury is better than anyone in the d league.

yes peanut... you are a great poster, keep making threads and sharing with us all your irrefutable logic and schooling us all. we are so much better off for hearing your thoughts.
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#30 » by Smoke24 » Sat Jul 5, 2008 12:20 am

doctor fite wrote:first of all let me compliment you on your mastery of dale carnegies principles from his "how to win friends and influence people" book. by beginning the title of this post with "Attn Idiots" you are clearly getting off on the right foot.

after that you make such incredible arguments such as

1) "he's 25x the player of any pg on this team"
yes he clearly scores 25 more points, creates 25 more assists, makes 25 more free throws, shoots a 25% higher percentage, and plays 25% better defense than any PG on our team.

2) "he's one of the better finishers at the pg position in thd league."
this was very clever. one might think you meant to replace the d with an e. however i realize you simply left out the e. you actual sentence should read "he's one of the better finishers at the pg position in the d league." yes marbury is better than anyone in the d league.

yes peanut... you are a great poster, keep making threads and sharing with us all your irrefutable logic and schooling us all. we are so much better off for hearing your thoughts.

:lol:
TdoubleE
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by TdoubleE » Sat Jul 5, 2008 12:31 am

I just want him gone because I don't want these guys to be tempted to trade his fat expiring for more trash. That plus he really needs a change of scenery.
Lottery Bound
Sixth Man

Post#32 » by Lottery Bound » Sat Jul 5, 2008 12:40 am

Honestly, what can you get for a huge expiring contract worth over $21 million?
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,417

Post#33 » by NyKnicks1714 » Sat Jul 5, 2008 12:51 am

Is anyone else irrelevant to whether or not we buy him out? He's a large expiring contract and he won't be a part of this team 9 1/2 months from now either way.
hatnlvr
General Manager
And1: 1,117

Post#34 » by hatnlvr » Sat Jul 5, 2008 12:52 am

Peanut wrote:As much as we all hate him, he's 25x the player of any pg on this team. Duhon defense doesn't make up for the trash he is. Marbury was a 20/8 player just before these idiots (Isiah and Brown) decided that is was a good strategy to dump the ball to the Fat Hogs.

I swear you guys get excited over the dumbest ****. Marbury is still a better playmaker/scorer/everything than every pg on this team and he's one of the better finishers at the pg position in thd league.

He has 1 year left, why not see wtf the guy can do? Instead, you guys are getting excited over signing a 3rd string pg to the ****ing MLE. Is his defense really going to stop anybody when he have worthless bigmen?

Unbelievable

Walsh ERA (as of today)

1. Hire Dantoni
2.Draft Danilo
3. Give MLE to 3rd string pg
4. Considering buyout of Marbury
5. Turned down a deal for Hinrich
6. Thinking about trading Lee in a deal that wouldn't move Curry/ZBO

He needs to gtfo

+1 Maybe Danilo can play the Keith Van Horn/Doleac role and play the pick and roll with Marbury
ImageImage
mccannd
Starter

Post#35 » by mccannd » Sat Jul 5, 2008 1:30 am

I was open minded till this post. Let the GM and coach decide but now his poison is too obvious to ignore. Buy him out.
We are discussing no small matter, but how we ought to live.

Socrates (399 B.C.)
Jerryd Bayless
Banned User

Post#36 » by Jerryd Bayless » Sat Jul 5, 2008 3:57 am

Peanut wrote:As much as we all hate him, he's 25x the player of any pg on this team. Duhon defense doesn't make up for the trash he is. Marbury was a 20/8 player just before these idiots (Isiah and Brown) decided that is was a good strategy to dump the ball to the Fat Hogs.

I swear you guys get excited over the dumbest ****. Marbury is still a better playmaker/scorer/everything than every pg on this team and he's one of the better finishers at the pg position in thd league.

He has 1 year left, why not see wtf the guy can do? Instead, you guys are getting excited over signing a 3rd string pg to the ****ing MLE. Is his defense really going to stop anybody when he have worthless bigmen?

Unbelievable

Walsh ERA (as of today)

1. Hire Dantoni
2.Draft Danilo
3. Give MLE to 3rd string pg
4. Considering buyout of Marbury
5. Turned down a deal for Hinrich
6. Thinking about trading Lee in a deal that wouldn't move Curry/ZBO

He needs to gtfo

Wow, you make yourself sound stupid. Playing conservative is the best way to go. you cannot just sign stars with a 90$ million payroll moron.

You complaining about him turning down the "Hinrich deal" just proves how stupid you are. Walsh' plan is to get under the cap in 2010, by adding Hinrich it'll take an extra year or two. Not to mention, what makes you think the rumor is true? what are you 12?

also. the "3rd string PG" happens to be the first PG we've had in awhile who thinks "past first". supposedly you have watched too much streetball tonot understand the point guard position

what an idiot

Return to New York Knicks