ImageImageImageImageImage

D'Antoni getting his man is the key

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

TwelvePac
Veteran
And1: 12

D'Antoni getting his man is the key 

Post#1 » by TwelvePac » Sat Jul 5, 2008 3:09 pm

I realize that Duhon is what it is. He ain't going to sniff all star status ever. What he brings is leadership. Some of us wondered back in the days why Charlie Ward would start over the more talented Chris Childs. It was the attitude that separated both. Charlie Ward understood that a coach needs a floor general to be able to execute the plan and he had the smarts to be that.

I am stoke that D'Antoni has a pg that will stick to the plan. Not only that but bringing him in symbolizes the passing of the guard from a team organization dominated by its players to a team organization that is setting up his coach for success. With a good coach and a floor leader we will be able to look much better and in the process the pieces that we need to move will see their value go up( Zach and Curry ).

Aside from the cosmetic issue of overpaying for him (in part due to pressure from Orlando) this is a good signing. This also ( and just as important ) marks the end of Marbury running the point for us the way he has in the past. We might see him bought out soon or not but , I trust he WILL NOT RUN THE POINT FOR D'ANTONI. He might see SG minutes or spot duty at the point but can we really see him swallowing his ego (without choking) and become a role player?

I hope we can celebrate the direction that our organization is pointing at with this signing and not dwell on the born-critic crap that is out there regarding Chris Duhon. And maybe, we will get some of the following every once in a while as a bonus (NO HOMO).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw5-nF3O ... re=related

Go Knicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rich2Hassan
RealGM
And1: 5,800

Re: Duhon will be D'Antoni's man 

Post#2 » by Rich2Hassan » Sat Jul 5, 2008 3:12 pm

Here we go......
Heat President of TANK operations.
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#3 » by richardhutnik » Sat Jul 5, 2008 3:19 pm

Chris Childs won MVP award in the CBA, and did such a good job with the Nets, they traded way Kenny Anderson I believe. One can be excited about getting Duhon, but don't diminish Childs. With Marbury about gone, the Knicks will need another PG anyhow around here. It is time for Marbury to move on.

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
TwelvePac
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#4 » by TwelvePac » Sat Jul 5, 2008 3:23 pm

Diminishing Childs? How am I doing that?
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#5 » by randomhero423 » Sat Jul 5, 2008 3:26 pm

richardhutnik wrote:Chris Childs won MVP award in the CBA, and did such a good job with the Nets, they traded way Kenny Anderson I believe. One can be excited about getting Duhon, but don't diminish Childs. With Marbury about gone, the Knicks will need another PG anyhow around here. It is time for Marbury to move on.

- Rich

nate?
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,894

Re: D'Antoni getting his man is the key 

Post#6 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Jul 5, 2008 6:22 pm

Duhon would be compared to Ward, but I have heard from a lot of bulls fans how bad Duhon is. He really is not that good, he stagnates the offense. Duhon is not going to run much. Perhaps thats the plan though. Dyantoni might make us half court at times and Duhon running point will pass and spread the D. He is a solid backup, hopefully we will do the right thing, let Marbury start the year with the right attitude, if he does not, shop his contract for a 2 year one and acquire a young player or a pick. You never want to just plain cut Starbury. If he decides to be a cancer, you cut him, if he wants to try, you let him try. It does seem tho that walsh wants to remove the Isiah players from the team and build a core.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#7 » by richardhutnik » Sat Jul 5, 2008 10:00 pm

randomhero423 wrote:
richardhutnik wrote:Chris Childs won MVP award in the CBA, and did such a good job with the Nets, they traded way Kenny Anderson I believe. One can be excited about getting Duhon, but don't diminish Childs. With Marbury about gone, the Knicks will need another PG anyhow around here. It is time for Marbury to move on.

- Rich

nate?

Nate is an undersized 2. He is a type of player you do the same thing you did with Iverson, you get a solid pass first PG to pair him up with. You don't ask to set people up. You get him one on one where he either drains the 3, or drives past his defender.

- Rich
hatnlvr
General Manager
And1: 1,117

Re: D'Antoni getting his man is the key 

Post#8 » by hatnlvr » Sat Jul 5, 2008 11:13 pm

Mafu wrote:I realize that Duhon is what it is. He ain't going to sniff all star status ever. What he brings is leadership. Some of us wondered back in the days why Charlie Ward would start over the more talented Chris Childs. It was the attitude that separated both. Charlie Ward understood that a coach needs a floor general to be able to execute the plan and he had the smarts to be that.

I am stoke that D'Antoni has a pg that will stick to the plan. Not only that but bringing him in symbolizes the passing of the guard from a team organization dominated by its players to a team organization that is setting up his coach for success. With a good coach and a floor leader we will be able to look much better and in the process the pieces that we need to move will see their value go up( Zach and Curry ).

Aside from the cosmetic issue of overpaying for him (in part due to pressure from Orlando) this is a good signing. This also ( and just as important ) marks the end of Marbury running the point for us the way he has in the past. We might see him bought out soon or not but , I trust he WILL NOT RUN THE POINT FOR D'ANTONI. He might see SG minutes or spot duty at the point but can we really see him swallowing his ego (without choking) and become a role player?

I hope we can celebrate the direction that our organization is pointing at with this signing and not dwell on the born-critic crap that is out there regarding Chris Duhon. And maybe, we will get some of the following every once in a while as a bonus (NO HOMO).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw5-nF3O ... re=related

Go Knicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sure hope your right. I really felt that the Knicks needed to make some huge changes for us to significantly improve. What Walsh has done has been completely lackluster and has approached the off season as if he had a decent product to start with.

I'm interested to see how D'Antoni handles the band of misfits; but if he can't drastically change some of our players attitudes we will be looking at another 23-30 win season.
ImageImage

Return to New York Knicks