ImageImageImageImageImage

Journal News take on knicks summer league and backcourt.

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

PGG334
Rookie
And1: 0

Journal News take on knicks summer league and backcourt. 

Post#1 » by PGG334 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:26 am

PGG334
Rookie

Re: Journal News take on knicks summer league and backcourt. 

Post#2 » by PGG334 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:03 am

Do you really think that the knicks are better without Stephon Marbury? I know that they have the 2 longest tenured players in the nba without a playoff appearance on their team. Their names are Eddy Curry and Jamal Crawford. Do you think that they deserve any of the blame for the knicks failures? Or should it all be pinned on Marbury like always?
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,496

Post#3 » by cgf » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:10 am

I'm cool with pinning it all on Marbury and as long as isiah is told to start slipping a healthy dose of rat poison into McCurry's burgers.
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#4 » by Smoke24 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:18 am

Now to Summer league Game 2. The good news is that the Knicks’ first round pick, outplayed the Spurs’ first round pick … without even playing. He made as many field goals as the Spurs’ first rounder did, while managing to attempt six less. Impressive Gallo! George Hill is now a tremendous 0-16 in summer league play. I shook my magic eight ball and asked it if Hill looks like an NBA contributor. It said, “Not likely.”

Thats the best pararaph of them all. :lol:
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#5 » by mjhp911 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:33 am

cgf wrote:I'm cool with pinning it all on Marbury and as long as isiah is told to start slipping a healthy dose of rat poison into McCurry's burgers.

:lol: That's so wrong...
PGG334
Rookie

Post#6 » by PGG334 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:54 am

Smoke24 wrote:
Now to Summer league Game 2. The good news is that the Knicks’ first round pick, outplayed the Spurs’ first round pick … without even playing. He made as many field goals as the Spurs’ first rounder did, while managing to attempt six less. Impressive Gallo! George Hill is now a tremendous 0-16 in summer league play. I shook my magic eight ball and asked it if Hill looks like an NBA contributor. It said, “Not likely.”

I liked that also hahah. Do you know who Peter Gurney is? I like the way he writes?
Ralphie96
Starter
And1: 54

Post#7 » by Ralphie96 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:21 pm

PGG334 wrote:
Smoke24 wrote:

I liked that also hahah. Do you know who Peter Gurney is? I like the way he writes?

he seems to be just some random bum from a place called bedford hills...i could have wrote what he wrote in that blog...nothing special.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,022

Post#8 » by moocow007 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:07 pm

PGG334 wrote:Do you really think that the knicks are better without Stephon Marbury? I know that they have the 2 longest tenured players in the nba without a playoff appearance on their team. Their names are Eddy Curry and Jamal Crawford. Do you think that they deserve any of the blame for the knicks failures? Or should it all be pinned on Marbury like always?

Didn't read that article but they really blame the Knicks failures on Marbury? Marbury not being a fit and needing to be jettisoned (true) and not being able to carry the Knicks on his back into the playoffs (also true) really have nothing to do with one or the other.

For those that want Marbury gone because he hasn't been able to lead the Knicks to the playoffs? You're nuts.

For those that want Marbury gone because he's not a fit for this team and because he's nuts? You're right.
PGG334
Rookie

Post#9 » by PGG334 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:51 pm

Thats the best pararaph of them all. :lol:[/quote]
I liked that also hahah. Do you know who Peter Gurney is? I like the way he writes?[/quote]

he seems to be just some random bum from a place called bedford hills...i could have wrote what he wrote in that blog...nothing special.[/quote]
I think I have heard of him, he was a really good basketball player when he was younger I think. I live near the area and the name definitely rings a bell. I really do like his style as a writer though, and agreed with most of what he said. Not sure if Mardy is as bad as he made him out to be though. I guess I just can't get past the end to the season he had in his rookie year, where has that Mardy gone? Is it just a confidence thing with him, or does he just not have the speed and skillset to be a real contributor?

Return to New York Knicks