ImageImageImageImageImage

Curry Decided Zach's Fate?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Curry Decided Zach's Fate? 

Post#1 » by StutterStep » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:59 pm

In listening to yesterdays SL (Friday) broadcast I found it odd now that Curry has showed in Vegas, reportedly fat, the broadcasters are now talking about Zach.

Clyde and Mike mentioned Zach's possible role in the offense. They discussed Zach's game with athletic trainer, who gave kudos to Zach's ability to know where rebounds will come off the rim and get his shot off in the half court.

Clyde and Mike even discussed the need to have a player who can get you points in half court sets. The player they referenced, Zach, not Eddy Curry.
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Re: Curry Decided Zach's Fate? 

Post#2 » by Bill Bradley » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:18 pm

I'm thinking more and more that it will be Zach who stays in the rotation and Curry is on his way out if the reports of him being fatter are really true. And especially if we're looking to trade Lee, we're not going to have any rebounders on this team.
method
RealGM
And1: 299

Post#3 » by method » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:21 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:I'm thinking more and more that it will be Zach who stays in the rotation and Curry is on his way out if the reports of him being fatter are really true. And especially if we're looking to trade Lee, we're not going to have any rebounders on this team.
Theres also reports that he lost weight.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#4 » by StutterStep » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:28 pm

method wrote:Theres also reports that he lost weight.

That claim was by one player -- I wonder if it's QRich AGAIN!!

If Curry was in great shape, why is he hiding? Every player comes into town and shows up at the gym where games are being played. Curry waits for the writers to clear then dips in and probably out before anyone who has an objective opinion can see him.

Did you see the telecast of the SL game and noticed the shift to now talking about Zach?

It could be because they didn't trade him, but it seems more linked to Curry to me.
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#5 » by Bill Bradley » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:29 pm

method wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:I'm thinking more and more that it will be Zach who stays in the rotation and Curry is on his way out if the reports of him being fatter are really true. And especially if we're looking to trade Lee, we're not going to have any rebounders on this team.
Theres also reports that he lost weight.

Haven't heard those but I'd be happy if it were true. Personally, I'd rather have an in shape Curry than Randolph.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#6 » by chitownsports4ever » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:29 pm

As for the concern about Eddy Curry's waistline after coming off minor knee surgery, a player (not on the Knicks) who is in Vegas right now and has seen Eddy says he looked like he lost weight, not gained. Starberman says someone told him Curry looks fat and is trying to hide it from everyone. Whatever. I know he's working at Tim Grover's place in Chicago this summer. It's on Grover if Curry shows up in bad shape.

I dont know if Curry is deciding Zachs fate .I mean Curry is in Vegas.....where was Zach? oh yeah thats right throwing a party in Indiana. I think the days of using each other as excuses is over for them.You will be judged on what you do .It seems they are trying to build a team and a willingness to be apart of one will probably be just as important as your productivity or weight .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#7 » by StutterStep » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:30 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:Haven't heard those but I'd be happy if it were true. Personally, I'd rather have an in shape Curry than Randolph.

As wrong as that would make me about my Curry claims/rants, I'd rather that too. But, I bet you would not wage dinner on that . :D
EL CABRITO
Starter
And1: 133

Post#8 » by EL CABRITO » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:30 pm

I don't care who stays, as long as they play with some passion and win...
If you have no critics you'll likely have no success.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#9 » by StutterStep » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:35 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:I dont know if Curry is deciding Zachs fate .I mean Curry is in Vegas.....where was Zach? oh yeah thats right throwing a party in Indiana. I think the days of using each other as excuses is over for them.You will be judged on what you do .It seems they are trying to build a team and a willingness to be apart of one will probably be just as important as your productivity or weight .

Zach was in NY for weeks practicing with the team.

He had obligations for a party. So , what are you saying? That he has to be there every waking moment, but you are satisfied with Curry showing up and afraid of being seen?

It's not about excuses, at least not from Zach. He has continuously been on record stating he has no problem (playing) with Curry and any of the other guys.

I know it is a hard choice, even for me but it comes down to this:

With Curry here and Zach gone, we get to watch the lovable losers who win 33 games and feel they accomplished something.

With Zach and Steph here, we get to watch 2 "selfish" hardworking players who want to win and sour on everyone when the others don't perform to expectations.

I'd rather jettison Curry, and kill that lovable losers crap.
Mike Dan Tony
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#10 » by Mike Dan Tony » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:44 pm

I agree that Curry should be the one to go, not Zach, but if it's true that Fat Eddy is packing on the pounds, who could possibly want to trade for him?
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#11 » by StutterStep » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:51 pm

^True, but it does make the club hesitant to trade Zach if we can't rely on Curry 30minutes of uptempo basketball.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by chitownsports4ever » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:59 pm

StutterStep wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:I dont know if Curry is deciding Zachs fate .I mean Curry is in Vegas.....where was Zach? oh yeah thats right throwing a party in Indiana. I think the days of using each other as excuses is over for them.You will be judged on what you do .It seems they are trying to build a team and a willingness to be apart of one will probably be just as important as your productivity or weight .

Zach was in NY for weeks practicing with the team.

oh really the team or a couple of players? and this is accurate based on what ?

He had obligations for a party. So , what are you saying? That he has to be there every waking moment, but you are satisfied with Curry showing up and afraid of being seen?

The Party is tonight they have been in Vegas for over a week ? How would Curry know how long the writers were gonna stay ? Even the known liar Berman said he was only watching two games but somehow because Eddy didnt show up before they left he was avoiding him ....OK :crazy:

It's not about excuses, at least not from Zach. He has continuously being on record stating he has no problem (playing) with Curry and any of the other guys.

really then where was he ? For Zach his actions has to speak louder than his works JUST LIKE CURRY

I know it is a hard choice, even for me but it comes down to this:

With Curry here and Zach gone, we get to watch the lovable losers who win 33 games and feel they accomplished something.

With Zach and Steph here, we get to watch 2 "selfish" hardworking players who want to win and sour on everyone when the others don't perform to expectations.

I'd rather jettison Curry, and kill that lovable losers crap.

Lovable losers my arse there is no such thing as a sweet loss . Yeah both Marbury and Zach performed up to expectations and everyone else failed roflmao . The two highest paid player on the team could give a damn about actually playing as a team.But yet somehow everyone is supposed to kiss their arses as they cause distraction after distraction amidst screw up after screw up ?But hey they can get their numbers right ?
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#13 » by StutterStep » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:00 pm

Hold up! There have been countless reports of Zach (before they broke for Vegas) with the team in NY. Why would I make it up? Did you not watch the SL game yesterday when the trainer was talking about Zach?

What exactly are you posting?
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,912

Post#14 » by god shammgod » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:05 pm

comparing zach and curry is like apples & oranges. but only if those apples and oranges were thrown in the garbage with used diapers and tampons and left to rot out in the sun for a month.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#15 » by chitownsports4ever » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:23 pm

StutterStep wrote:Hold up! There have been countless reports of Zach (before they broke for Vegas) with the team in NY. Why would I make it up? Did you not watch the SL game yesterday when the trainer was talking about Zach?

What exactly are you posting?

countless ? There hasnt been a peep out of Randolph since the season ended.I saw the clip with the trainer but no one has ever questioned Zachs skills its whats between the ears that has always been questioned .Did it occur to you that they went out of their way to talk about Zach because he was a no show when just about all of the other vets even jerome james made an appearance. ? But back to my original point each player on the team has to account for their own action and behavior .Suggesting a that a rumor that Curry wasnt in shape today somehow means Zach is back in good with management is ridiculous .If curry aint in shape in October then he will suffer the consequences .The fact that they want to move Randolph should tell you its something thats not been seen that involves him that makes Walsh put him at the top of the get rid of list and Im not talking about salary.Curry being fat wont make them like Zach any better and them hating Zach wont make Currys fatness ok either.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#16 » by StutterStep » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:24 pm

OK, that's your take that's fine.

Mine is the opposite...
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,421

Post#17 » by duetta » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:34 pm

If Curry is not in shape, then you look to move him. I don't know what the truth is about his conditioning, but if he comes in out of shape, he'd be a really bad fit for what D'Antoni wants to do. I don't know what you get for him - but I'd imagine that he has some value, given that his contract is significantly less onerous than Zack's.
R33D33
General Manager
And1: 15
Location: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

Post#18 » by R33D33 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:50 pm

Randolph is too busy partying up and Curry is busy at McDonald's.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#19 » by mjhp911 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:59 pm

StutterStep wrote:In listening to yesterdays SL (Friday) broadcast I found it odd now that Curry has showed in Vegas, reportedly fat, the broadcasters are now talking about Zach.

Clyde and Mike mentioned Zach's possible role in the offense. They discussed Zach's game with athletic trainer, who gave kudos to Zach's ability to know where rebounds will come off the rim and get his shot off in the half court.

Clyde and Mike even discussed the need to have a player who can get you points in half court sets. The player they referenced, Zach, not Eddy Curry.

I don't know why it even came to an issue of weight. Zach's the better player, the better fit, the harder contract to move. I'm still astounded people have a hard time seeing it. Really.

I'm also dubious as to why we haven't seen any visual proof, or firsthand knowledge, of Curry's weight. Like they're trying to hide something. Whatever the case, that's not good. Meanwhile, Randolph has been working out with his mates, and we've seen visual proof of this. I think that's where 'Antoni's comments have been coming from. He knows what a weapon Randolph can be. I didn't even need the summer to evolve the way it has to know that we're better off with Randolph starting at center for us, than Curry, next season. And I'm still surprised people are still having a hard time grasping that (though not surprised about others).
kosmovitelli
RealGM
And1: 429

Post#20 » by kosmovitelli » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:02 pm

Wether it's Curry or Randolph who will be used as a post player in d'Antoni's offense doesn't really matter. None of them are in our long term plans. So I really don't care.

The funny thing is with Zach Randolph you know what you get but with Curry there will always be that "this guy can really be valuable for us" feeling.
Curry doesn't even need to progress to be valuable, he just needs to be professionnal and commited. Even though we all know Curry I'm surprised the dude is out of shape, he can opt out at the end of the season and Donnie Walsh said great things about him, he seemed set on keeping Curry and trying to get rid of Randolph if possible.

If Curry's out of shape, he's even more stupid than we thought because the 2008-2009 season is a golden oportunity to showcase himself and try to get a better contract now that his health is no more a concern for NBA teams.

If Curry's really out of shape, at this rate he may not even get the MLE when his contract expires in 2011 ! LOL

Anyway it's only the summer, we will see during pre-season what will be d'Antoni's rotation and who will start, if it's Curry or Randolph.

Return to New York Knicks