ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Philly Reality Just Set In

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

KNEMESIS
Veteran
And1: 2

OT: Philly Reality Just Set In 

Post#1 » by KNEMESIS » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:10 pm

I know I'm late on this, but holy shyt!!!

Look at Philly:

Dominant big man: Elton Brand - check!
Excellent pass-first PG: Andre Miller - check!
Young, slashing scoring SF: Andre Igoudala - check!
Defensive shot-blocking C: Samuel Dalembert - check!
Up & coming youth: Speights, Williams & Young - check-check-check!!!

What's my point??? This is where NY ought to be. How did Philly go from crap to contenders? Yikes.

Trying to keep my faith in Donnie...
Really? Jared Jeffries. Seriously?
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Re: OT: Philly Reality Just Set In 

Post#2 » by Ignitowsky » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:16 pm

We're in full rebuilding mode. Walsh will tinker with the team a bit but doesn't want to make the playoffs. He just wants the team to look good while losing and be entertaining. We also don't know how certain guys will fit into the new offense. Comparing us to Philly or anyone else right now is just silly.
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
KNEMESIS
Veteran

Post#3 » by KNEMESIS » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:21 pm

I hear you Iggy. BUT... Philly was in full-on rebuilding mode just last summer. Now look at them! Seems to me that we've been in rebuilding mode ever since Patrick was traded away. I know Donnie & Mike have only been here for a couple of months... and that we ought to be patient. But I wanna see results dammit. And sooner than later--- like Boston did last year and what it appears like Philly is doing this year.
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#4 » by Bill Bradley » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:24 pm

jwbrooklyn wrote:Donnie & Mike have only been here for a couple of months... we ought to be patient.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#5 » by chitownsports4ever » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:38 pm

Who knows how Philly will do this year ? last year their young played really well and they have guys who didnt care how much Ai2 shot the ball like Evans ,Dalembert and Green. The offense started on the wing and never went inside so its will be interesting to see how having to get Brand the ball down low affects their games.

Hell the clipps had

Kandi/Ely
Brand/Wilcox
Odom/Q
Maggette/Jaric
Miller/Dooling

never know how the chemistry will turn out in these situations
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#6 » by Flaming Mo » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:51 pm

It's not their talent which made that team but the play and leadership of a very very good PG in Andre Miller...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
KNEMESIS
Veteran

Post#7 » by KNEMESIS » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:06 pm

Flaming Mo wrote:It's not their talent which made that team but the play and leadership of a very very good PG in Andre Miller...

Mo is absolutely correct. Add a dominant big man to a team that already has a PG who knows how to distribute the ball and it usually works out. I doubt chemistry will be an issue... and if they can stay healthy, expect them to contend.
KNEMESIS
Veteran

Post#8 » by KNEMESIS » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:08 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:Who knows how Philly will do this year ? last year their young played really well and they have guys who didnt care how much Ai2 shot the ball like Evans ,Dalembert and Green. The offense started on the wing and never went inside so its will be interesting to see how having to get Brand the ball down low affects their games.

Hell the clipps had

Kandi/Ely
Brand/Wilcox
Odom/Q
Maggette/Jaric
Miller/Dooling

never know how the chemistry will turn out in these situations

Kandi/Ely sucked
Maggette always injured/Beady eyes sucked
Dooling sucked
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#9 » by StutterStep » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:01 pm

Clippers

2002 -- 27 wins 55 losses; Brand/Miller/Magette/Odom/QRich

Now that's a lineup!!
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#10 » by GuyverADL » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:20 pm

We are NOT in a full rebuild.

If we rebuild the right way you end up with high draft picks.
doctor fite
Starter
And1: 0

Post#11 » by doctor fite » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:08 am

if we tank this year and get a solid young PG in the draft next year, dump salary for 2010 instead of adding it and end up with lebron?

omg

exciting young PG
lebron at SG
chandler at SF
gallinari (i hope he's good at PF) but i also think we need to add here.
curry ( i still have hopes for him; but if not we'll hopefully look to find a center that plays D and blocks shots and doesnt need to score all the time.

but that bottom 3 and potentially bottom 4 spots could be lethal in the east with dantonis run n gun style... especially if they can play D too.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#12 » by boogydown » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:06 am

Knicks will be horrible regardless. Why is this 76ers fan bashing the Knicks. I didn't realize the 76ers were anything special. They are medicore now, nothing more. Please stop bashing teams, like you did when you acquired Webber from the Kings.
KNEMESIS
Veteran

Post#13 » by KNEMESIS » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:29 pm

boogydown wrote:Knicks will be horrible regardless. Why is this 76ers fan bashing the Knicks. I didn't realize the 76ers were anything special. They are medicore now, nothing more. Please stop bashing teams, like you did when you acquired Webber from the Kings.

Which Philly fan are you referring to? And who's bashing the Knicks? OP (me) is a longtime Knicks fan. What in the hell are you talking about?
TruckRobinson
Junior
And1: 4

Post#14 » by TruckRobinson » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:00 pm

The Philly rebuild has been a little rocky, but ultimately successful and pretty interesting. Looking back the AI trade got the ball rolling and it has turned out nicely for them.
Somewhere in the process there GM was let go which was probably the right move, but strande since some of his last moves were key to the rebuild. They've also drafted really well over the past few years. Williams is a nice piece, Young is a player, and I have a feeling Speights is in the perfect situation and will develop into a solid first big off the bench. Should be a team to watch this year.
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#15 » by KnicksScholar24 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:03 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:Hell the clipps had

Kandi/Ely
Brand/Wilcox
Odom/Q
Maggette/Jaric
Miller/Dooling

I think you're forgetting D-Miles (Darius Miles). I remember that team; I use to watch them because where I live they show Clippers and Lakers games.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#16 » by KnicksScholar24 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:10 pm

jwbrooklyn wrote:I hear you Iggy. BUT... Philly was in full-on rebuilding mode just last summer. Now look at them! Seems to me that we've been in rebuilding mode ever since Patrick was traded away. I know Donnie & Mike have only been here for a couple of months... and that we ought to be patient. But I wanna see results dammit. And sooner than later--- like Boston did last year and what it appears like Philly is doing this year.

Well, the Knicks have been in "add talent and salary while trading away picks" at all cost mode since Ewing was traded. With the Walsh hiring this is the first time they have made an effort to dump salary AND add cheap young talent since the post Patrick era began.

... at least I hope this is the start of the proper "dump salary and draft picks" era. Although since the Knicks have performed so, so poorly, they can't just trade talent for expiring and picks, they have to actually include young talent to get teams to bite (considering the length of most of these contracts). I'm glad Walsh is being patient and waiting until offers he actually likes start coming in rather than being desperate and completed a non-sense deal (like Zach Randolph, 1st round pick, and $3M for Brevin Knight).
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#17 » by Jose7 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:21 pm

*waits for someone to call Dally a bum*
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,233

Post#18 » by Dan Z » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:03 pm

Philly was able to what they did because of the Iverson trade.

The Knicks have nobody like that to trade. Marbury could've been that player but we all know how he's turned out in NY.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,158

Post#19 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:05 pm

Jose7© wrote:*waits for someone to call Dally a bum*

dally's a bum

:o
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#20 » by richardhutnik » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:18 pm

jwbrooklyn wrote:I hear you Iggy. BUT... Philly was in full-on rebuilding mode just last summer. Now look at them! Seems to me that we've been in rebuilding mode ever since Patrick was traded away. I know Donnie & Mike have only been here for a couple of months... and that we ought to be patient. But I wanna see results dammit. And sooner than later--- like Boston did last year and what it appears like Philly is doing this year.

One of the most powerless, yet most emotionally charged things (this is NOT a good combination) is being a fan. It is good if not taken too seriously, as a form of entertainment, but beyond that, it isn't something one should get miserable over.

One can want to see results all one wants. The only option you have is to vote with your feet.

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx

Return to New York Knicks