ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

andrenym00
Pro Prospect
And1: 16

OT: Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up 

Post#1 » by andrenym00 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:15 pm

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24070088-13762,00.html

FORMER NASA astronaut and moon-walker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens exist.
And he says extra-terrestrials have visited Earth on several occasions - but the alien contact has been repeatedly covered up by governments for six decades.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head.

Chillingly, he claimed our technology is "not nearly as sophisticated" as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned "we would be been gone by now".

Dr Mitchell, along with with Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard, holds the record for the longest ever moon walk, at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.

"I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real," Dr Mitchell said.

"It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it.

"I've been in military and intelligence circles, who know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, yes - we have been visited. Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit."

Dr Mitchell, who has a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering and a Doctor of Science degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics claimed Roswell was real and similar alien visits continue to be investigated.

He told the astonished Kerrang! radio host Nick Margerrison: "This is really starting to open up. I think we're headed for real disclosure and some serious organisations are moving in that direction."

Mr Margerrison said: "I thought I'd stumbled on some sort of astronaut humour but he was absolutely serious that aliens are definitely out there and there's no debating it."

Officials from NASA, however, were quick to play the comments down.

In a statement, a spokesman said: "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe.

'Dr Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue.'
asdfgh
Lead Assistant
And1: 755

Re: OT: Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up 

Post#2 » by asdfgh » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:31 pm

This would be pretty interesting if true.
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#3 » by Ignitowsky » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:32 pm

This board is going to hell in a handbsket

IB$TL
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#4 » by bringinhinkie » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:39 pm

people claim sh*t like this everyday.. its called publicity
Starks1994
Veteran
And1: 185

Post#5 » by Starks1994 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:27 pm

Read "Behold A Pale Horse". It might change your view on this subject.

The fact that this guy is a reputable American, I believe him. Also, perhaps since he is 77 and on death's door, he might feel as if he wanted to come clean about this before he died.

The universe is vast my friends. Earth is just a microscopic particle when compared to what else is in the solar system
No.Bull.Son
Rookie
And1: 25

Post#6 » by No.Bull.Son » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:33 pm

Saw something about this on CNN the other day (Larry King).

Ex AF officer was speaking about how an UFO (in the traditional sense of the acronym) took control over nuclear war heads. In this particular case they just remotely disarmed them, but supposedly there have been cases where the nukes were ARMED by the occupants of the UFO.

I lived in South Texas, and the UFO sighting are as common as the Chupacabra (check spelling) sightings.

If either exist, I hope they remain friendly, and that they are Knicks fans.
Starks1994
Veteran
And1: 185

Post#7 » by Starks1994 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:36 pm

No.Bull.Son wrote:Saw something about this on CNN the other day (Larry King).

Ex AF officer was speaking about how an UFO (in the traditional sense of the acronym) took control over nuclear war heads. In this particular case they just remotely disarmed them, but supposedly there have been cases where the nukes were ARMED by the occupants of the UFO.

I lived in South Texas, and the UFO sighting are as common as the Chupacabra (check spelling) sightings.

If either exist, I hope they remain friendly, and that they are Knicks fans.

There's been an alien playing in the NBA for a few years. He was last spotted on the Celtics bench.
Remember the Past
Assistant Coach
And1: 1
Location: Screw Wes and LeDiva. Keep Lee. Trust Donnie. Give the Rookies a chance.

Post#8 » by Remember the Past » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:51 pm

where there's smoke there's fire.
supergallinari
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#9 » by supergallinari » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:58 pm

I think it's likely there is a species more intelligent than us humans, and that they have the technology to reach us.

We should hope that they are not as barbaric as humans.
Jstarks3
General Manager
And1: 740

Post#10 » by Jstarks3 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:03 pm

there is definitely life, but who knows if they have contacted us or not.

btw,
is this dude saying midgets are aliens?

"Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us."
by IllmaticHandler

I just got off the Phone with NAS. He said if you listen closely to the intro he not saying **** Jayz. He knew one day a cat name Joey would play himself on realgm. Ether was meant to be used in the future. :o
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#11 » by livintoolive » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:06 pm

Jstarks3 wrote:there is definitely life, but who knows if they have contacted us or not.

btw,
is this dude saying midgets are aliens?

"Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us."

I think a former astronaut with a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering and a Doctor of Science degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics from MIT can distinguish between midgets and non-human beings....
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
Lottery Bound
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#12 » by Lottery Bound » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:06 pm

Well, that explains why Sam Cassell is here.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,696

Post#13 » by madvillian » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:15 pm

So, Alien's who presumbably would have travalled vast, vast distances to get here, would have "technology more advanced than ours" and that "they could wipe us out if they want".

Gee, what knowledge!

I believe that life exists elsewhere in the universe, as to whether advanced intelligent life is visiting earth I'm agnostic about. You cannot prove a negative (Aliens are not visiting) but I have yet to see something I would consider irrefutable prove.
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Post#14 » by ITGM » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:20 pm

Anyone ever think about how long humans have been living on this earth and within the last 80 years we've super leaped into vast technology. Humans have been on this earth for 10's of thousands of years. The Great Pyramid and Sphinx was been dated past 12,000 years old. We've pretty much maintained a steady progression of technological achievement since then.(Although Many Argue Previous Civilizations were much more advance than where we are now.) But going by the today's His-story books, technical progression had been at a slow and steady pace right up unto about the 1900's. Eighty Years ago we were traveling by horse buggy and now we are exploring Planets and traveling to Mars.
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Post#15 » by ITGM » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:49 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=upFJK7tww3g

Very Interesting stuff here

(Not a Rick Roll)
livintoolive
Head Coach

Post#16 » by livintoolive » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:52 pm

ITGM wrote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=upFJK7tww3g

Very Interesting stuff here

(Not a Rick Roll)

Ugh, another rick roll. Don't watch.
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,696

Post#17 » by madvillian » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:55 pm

ITGM wrote:Anyone ever think about how long humans have been living on this earth and within the last 80 years we've super leaped into vast technology. Humans have been on this earth for 10's of thousands of years. The Great Pyramid and Sphinx was been dated past 12,000 years old. We've pretty much maintained a steady progression of technological achievement since then.(Although Many Argue Previous Civilizations were much more advance than where we are now.) But going by the today's His-story books, technical progression had been at a slow and steady pace right up unto about the 1900's. Eighty Years ago we were traveling by horse buggy and now we are exploring Planets and traveling to Mars.

Tech growth is exponential, which, as anyone who's ever taken basic algebra knows, means that as you get further along the curve the slope increases -----> infinity
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
andrenym00
Pro Prospect
And1: 16

Post#18 » by andrenym00 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:43 pm

Wow! :o
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,313

Post#19 » by duetta » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:43 pm

Edgar Mitchell is heavily involved with the Institute for Noetic Sciences. This revelation is not surprising.

Given that there are literally billions of other stars in the universe, and astronomers now believe that likely all of them have planets orbiting them, the chances of life existing elsewhere are excellent.

The big question is, why they want anything to do with us?
livintoolive
Head Coach

Post#20 » by livintoolive » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:39 am

duetta wrote:Edgar Mitchell is heavily involved with the Institute for Noetic Sciences. This revelation is not surprising.

Given that there are literally billions of other stars in the universe, and astronomers now believe that likely all of them have planets orbiting them, the chances of life existing elsewhere are excellent.

The big question is, why they want anything to do with us?

Ya, I mean, I don't think anyone else denies life outside of earth. It's statistically impossible for life to not exist! The question still remains whether or not there is intelligent life though.

And in terms of why they want anything to do with us? Simple. If we knew there was life outside of Earth, and we had the technology to go there, there is NO question that we WOULD, hostile or not (but knowing the human race, it would probably be to "dissuade impending hostility from them").

Shoot, we go to the moon and mars and spend BILLIONS upon billions going there, even though we KNOW there is no life there.

Return to New York Knicks