ImageImageImageImageImage

*OT: Joba--is he out for the season??

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Doctor_Harvey
Banned User
And1: 0

*OT: Joba--is he out for the season?? 

Post#1 » by Doctor_Harvey » Tue Aug 5, 2008 7:08 pm

How many of you saw/heard what happened to Yankee Ace pitcher Joba Chamberlain in Texas last night? Pretty scary, huh?

Latest word is that Joba is undergoing MRI tests in NYC as we speak.....as soon as ANYONE hears the latest, please report it here.

Needless to say if Joba is out for the season the Yanks will be playing golf in Oct.
The Kind/Gentle Dr. Harvey---By FAR, the Internet's Number ONE Most calm, relaxed, pleasant, good-natured, grandfatherly-like Poster!
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Re: *OT: Joba--is he out for the season?? 

Post#2 » by TKF » Tue Aug 5, 2008 7:14 pm

joba said, he didn't feel as bad as one migh think. I think they are being more careful than anything. I will let you know as soon as I hear something..
Doctor_Harvey
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Doctor_Harvey » Tue Aug 5, 2008 7:16 pm

TKF wrote:joba said, he didn't feel as bad as one migh think. I think they are being more careful than anything. I will let you know as soon as I hear something..

Yes, please do! I'm nervous as hell! :o
NYKProspect
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#4 » by NYKProspect » Tue Aug 5, 2008 7:35 pm

is going to miss a start, according to espn.
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#5 » by nykgeneralmanager » Tue Aug 5, 2008 8:07 pm

I'd be willing to bet he lands on the DL even if it is nothing serious. No harm in giving him a break for 15 days, as much as it hurts us this season he needs to be protected long-term as he has become the single most important player in the Yankee organization.

The area that he felt stiffness was in a part of the shoulder that would lead you to believe it is NOT related to a rotator cuff or labrum, so it seems muscular. He said he kind of felt a pop, so that sounds muscular too. Also he was still throwing 96 mph on his last pitch, so if he blew out his shoulder or if it was something very serious, that would not be the case. I don't want to get my hopes up, but they seemed pretty optimistic that it wasn't anything extremely serious but of course only the MRI will tell the real story.

Since he is going to miss 1 or 2 starts even if the MRI shows something very minimal, they will likely DL him anyway to bring up a replacement.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,967

Post#6 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Aug 5, 2008 8:14 pm

Ian Kennedy might get another chance. He has been pitching great in AAA latley. I would like to see him get another chance since he has some good stuff
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#7 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Aug 5, 2008 11:20 pm

Brad Lohaus wrote:Ian Kennedy might get another chance. He has been pitching great in AAA latley. I would like to see him get another chance since he has some good stuff

The reason why he is so great in AAA is because he throws strikes and doesnt walk batters

up in the Majors, his control is a HUGE problem.

Last season, he did great in the minors came up and did good too, not sure whats wrong with him...i hope him and hughes get their **** together...a future rotation of

Jaba
Wang
Hughes
Kennedy
?

:o

we got a great young rotation right there...we could end up being like the Oakland A's were..but without a stingy owner
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by TKF » Tue Aug 5, 2008 11:32 pm

nykgeneralmanager wrote:I'd be willing to bet he lands on the DL even if it is nothing serious. No harm in giving him a break for 15 days, as much as it hurts us this season he needs to be protected long-term as he has become the single most important player in the Yankee organization.

The area that he felt stiffness was in a part of the shoulder that would lead you to believe it is NOT related to a rotator cuff or labrum, so it seems muscular. He said he kind of felt a pop, so that sounds muscular too. Also he was still throwing 96 mph on his last pitch, so if he blew out his shoulder or if it was something very serious, that would not be the case. I don't want to get my hopes up, but they seemed pretty optimistic that it wasn't anything extremely serious but of course only the MRI will tell the real story.

Since he is going to miss 1 or 2 starts even if the MRI shows something very minimal, they will likely DL him anyway to bring up a replacement.

Isn't he going to see Dr. Andrews? that is not good news to me.. it is just our luck.. really sucks... I am hoping for the best but expecting the worse. I hope that hughs is ready to go. we will need him..
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#9 » by nykgeneralmanager » Tue Aug 5, 2008 11:46 pm

Yup, now they are sending him to Andrews tomorrow. He's the grim reaper. The fact that they refuse to announce the results of the MRI is a clear sign that they something they did not like. My guess would be that he is done for 2008, the next step is to just hope it isn't anything beyond that. Then again it can just be a simple precautionary measure because he is so important to this organization, we just have to wait and see.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by TKF » Wed Aug 6, 2008 12:00 am

nykgeneralmanager wrote:Yup, now they are sending him to Andrews tomorrow. He's the grim reaper. The fact that they refuse to announce the results of the MRI is a clear sign that they something they did not like. My guess would be that he is done for 2008, the next step is to just hope it isn't anything beyond that. Then again it can just be a simple precautionary measure because he is so important to this organization, we just have to wait and see.

yea, wait and see.... I hate that... LOL
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#11 » by Smoke24 » Wed Aug 6, 2008 12:23 am

Can the Yankees Petition in not playing in Texas anymore. The more we go there the better chance we have of losing an Ace pitcher. First Wang in Houston and then Joba in Arlington.
kNiCk_PriDe
Assistant Coach
And1: 86

Post#12 » by kNiCk_PriDe » Wed Aug 6, 2008 1:48 am

Smoke24 wrote:Can the Yankees Petition in not playing in Texas anymore. The more we go there the better chance we have of losing an Ace pitcher. First Wang in Houston and then Joba in Arlington.

Dont forget about Hughes pullin his hamstring in the middle of a no hitter last yr in Arlington....Texas is a curse...Texas is crap...Bush, Clemens, and the Cowboys are from Texas....need i say more
~kNiCk PriDe~
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#13 » by VinnyTheMick » Wed Aug 6, 2008 2:02 am

bite your f_ckin' tongue Harvey!

Return to New York Knicks