ImageImageImageImageImage

marbs-wilson-curry

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

itsdaWoodz
Ballboy
And1: 0

marbs-wilson-curry 

Post#1 » by itsdaWoodz » Sat Aug 9, 2008 1:25 am

run your offense through these gentlemen and let everyone else shoot the lights out.knicks can make the playoffs with this offensive attack. thoughts
knicks210
Sixth Man
And1: 272

Re: marbs-wilson-curry 

Post#2 » by knicks210 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 3:57 am

IB4TB , (In Before The Ban)
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#3 » by livintoolive » Sat Aug 9, 2008 4:06 am

Curry-You can most definitely run your offense through him. All he needs to do is (1) Get in shape. He better be able to run his butt down the court with no more than 3 opponents there. (2) Learn how to pass back out. He can't mow people over if he doesn't have a shot. He's gotta learn to read the defense and find an open man or someone open enough to reignite the offense.

Marbs- not the type of person to run your offense through. He just doesn't see enough passes ahead. He also takes too many shots when he gets even a little hot.

Chandler- too unproven to even reply to.
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
movingon
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#4 » by movingon » Sat Aug 9, 2008 4:12 am

pardon me sir but would you mind GTFOing right now?

kthnxbye
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#5 » by ctorres » Sat Aug 9, 2008 7:36 am

Randolph you can run on offense through. Curry not so much.

With Curry, running an offense around him is force feeding him in the post every time down. Then there is a number of things you have to hope for:

- Hope that Curry does not get called for an offensive foul
- Hope that Curry does not get called for a 3-second violation
- Hope that if Curry gets fouled, he can sink at least 1 of the 2 free throws if he doesn't get the And1.
- Hope that Curry can kick the ball back out to a shooter when he is being double or triple teamed, which is not likely to happen since he only averages half an assist per game and does not have good passing ability. Most of the time, you're just hoping he gets lucky on his passes.
- Hope that Curry gets close enough to the basket to make it in since you know he doesn't have the high post game that Randolph has.
- Hope to God that Curry doesn't drop the ball when he gets it.
- Hope that Curry does not miss the shot since you know he's not likely to get the offensive rebound being that he's not a good rebounder.
- Hope that Curry puts up a good scoring output, because you know he's going to give up a lot of points on the other end of the floor.
- Hope he's not too tired to pull off a couple of power moves in the clutch since he's such an out of shape fatty and out of shape fatties tend to get tired after playing for a while.

I find Marbury, Crawford, and Randolphto be much more dependable offensively than Curry.

Curry is good as a role player offensively. Get him around 10 field goals a game to keep the defenses honest but not much more. I don't think he has the all-around offensive game that other guys on the team have to warrant a lot of shots.
4PointPlay
Analyst
And1: 10

Post#6 » by 4PointPlay » Sat Aug 9, 2008 2:39 pm

Is something released into the waters every summer?

By the close of the season, around the time when most teams are starting their play-off runs, Marbury is public enemy number 1 on these forums. It's all his fault we've had another bum year. People start commenting on how "every team that delt Marbury has improved the season after".

As the summer draws on there are more and more posts creeping into these and other forums of how Marbury is the shining light that's going to turn this team around and get us those 45+ wins. The 45+ wins we all know we should be getting with this team (on paper, and on payroll).

I don't know if Marbury can be servicable this year. I have no idea if he'll be cut, or dealt, or if he'll stay and have a positive start. But come on. Running your offence through him, another (fat?) unproven talent that has so far not reached half his potential and a young guy running into his 2nd year, who has played 35 (yes thirty-five!) NBA games in his entire life will not get us into the playoffs alone.

I enjoy the optimism, and i understand it's a very long boring off-season, but Marbury is no saviour.

Return to New York Knicks