ImageImageImageImageImage

Ot: I just got a ticket

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

KrAzY DeMoN
Veteran
And1: 5

Ot: I just got a ticket 

Post#1 » by KrAzY DeMoN » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:58 pm

There was a no parking sign but I parked ahead of it (The sign was behind my car). Also the cars behind the no parking sign didn't get a ticket, am I missing something? :( :lol:
emo
RealGM
And1: 4,732

Re: Ot: I just got a ticket 

Post#2 » by emo » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:28 pm

KrAzY DeMoN wrote:There was a no parking sign but I parked ahead of it (The sign was behind my car). Also the cars behind the no parking sign didn't get a ticket, am I missing something? :( :lol:

What does it say on the ticket? Parked infront of a church by any chance?
Guano wrote:Will be interesting to see how this place transitions from killing Melo to turning on KP. I'm hoping Frank shows out so we can divide into Frank vs KP factions. That should be fun.
KrAzY DeMoN
Veteran

Post#3 » by KrAzY DeMoN » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:37 pm

emo wrote:
KrAzY DeMoN wrote:There was a no parking sign but I parked ahead of it (The sign was behind my car). Also the cars behind the no parking sign didn't get a ticket, am I missing something? :( :lol:

The ticket says no parking all days/ all times. It was actually to the side of a church not the entrance (front), but there were other cars too and I didn't see a permit on them. should I appeal?
emo
RealGM
And1: 4,732

Post#4 » by emo » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:00 pm

KrAzY DeMoN wrote:
emo wrote:

The ticket says no parking all days/ all times. It was actually to the side of a church not the entrance (front), but there were other cars too and I didn't see a permit on them. should I appeal?

After parking by a No Parking All days/All times sign? I'm not sure. Does appealing hurt the case in anyway? I know it can sometimes hurt you on future cases, if they let a ticket go in the past.

I don't know how things work in whatever area that was though, so I'm not sure what advice I can give here. Don't be fooled by seeing no tickets on the other windows. Those same folks (if illegally parked) are likely gonna be receiving an unwanted gift a month or two from now.
Guano wrote:Will be interesting to see how this place transitions from killing Melo to turning on KP. I'm hoping Frank shows out so we can divide into Frank vs KP factions. That should be fun.
NightbreeD
Sophomore
And1: 88

Post#5 » by NightbreeD » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:02 pm

Whatever you do, do NOT use the parkingticket.com website to fight it. they're so full of pure, unadulterated **** and their "professionally created dismissal letters" SUCK. they make you pay THEM half of the ticket up front before you receive your automatically-generated letter, which is nothing but 4-8 pages of pure BS.

Then, after you're found guilty, they require you to submit an appeal before they give you a refund of what you paid them. Their "appeal" is essentially the SAME LETTER, with a note to the judge asking him or her to read the letter more carefully. Take it from me, do not waste your time!!!!!!!
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#6 » by Bill Bradley » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:07 pm

I appeal and get off parking tickets all the time, but that might be because I work for a Veteran's Hospital and always include a letter on VA stationary.
KrAzY DeMoN
Veteran

Post#7 » by KrAzY DeMoN » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:21 pm

I'm just going to appeal it in person, I also took a picture for evidence.
ElMatatan
General Manager
And1: 487

Post#8 » by ElMatatan » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:33 pm

yeah, but they may say that you moved the vehicle.....I mean just take a lot of pictures, it can only help your case if the prosecutor agrees to the evidence...
NY State of Mind
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#9 » by mjhp911 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:37 pm

KrAzY DeMoN wrote:I'm just going to appeal it in person, I also took a picture for evidence.

At the very least, your fine will be reduced by a certain amount if you contest it in person. Always (here in NYC, at least). But I suggest you take the reduced fine when you're in court. If you go in front of the judge, the reduced fine is no longer an option.

Return to New York Knicks