ImageImageImageImageImage

Woody Allen's view of the Knicks

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Re: Woody Allen's view of the Knicks 

Post#21 » by Da_Mane_Man » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:24 am

vinnie_vegas69 wrote:The thing people fail to realise about a team like the Spurs - It's not boring to watch when it's your team.

It's only boring to watch when you're a fan of another team.

yup, i was just about to say something like this. i definitely do NOT agree with woody. i thought he was a real fan. a real fan should know things like this.
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#22 » by TheBluest » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:46 am

Red Vines wrote:
TheBluest wrote:
"You play the game to win" nothing else matters.

It also matters HOW you play the game. I hate watching football teams who play it safe the whole game: all running plays trying to run down the clock just hoping they get the last possession with a chance to win. Nobody would be a football fan if everyone played like that even if it statistically gives you the best chance to win. Same with basketball, I wouldn't be a fan if it was a boring game to watch and play.

No it doesn't not in the Grand Scheme of things. Some teams are finess, some are skilled, some are great defensive juggernauts, others are like a high speed sports car.

The Bottomline is winning and his very last statement sums up his basketball intelligence as a fan. He's stupid plain and simple.

Give me the Spurs over the Suns 1,000,000 out of 100. LOL! that's how for certain I would be as a fan.

You win you become exciting period just for the sheer magnitude that a Bullseye is on your back against the whole league.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#23 » by Red Vines » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:35 am

Woody didn't mention the Spurs, it was the interviewer and Woody just kind of continued on his point of the importance as a fan to watch good, entertaining basketball. I don't really think Woody would describe the Spurs as very boring.

Return to New York Knicks