ImageImageImageImageImage

Parick Ewing, Jr.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

camillepd
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Parick Ewing, Jr. 

Post#1 » by camillepd » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:47 am

If as expected the Rockets waive Pat Ewing Jr., should the Knicks pick him up? If so, what would he bring to the team that we don't already have? Isn't he essentially a Balkman clone?
abuzz
Senior
And1: 82

Re: Parick Ewing, Jr. 

Post#2 » by abuzz » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:54 am

This forum has gone over this a number of times.

If Pat Jr. did not have the name, he'd have nothing and be out of basketball.

The Knicks owe Pat Jr. nothing, those days of cronyism with Herb Williams on the left and Bo Kimble on the right of Pat Sr on the bench are gone. The Knicks don't need players for auld lang sign they need to start building a winning team.
Icefire10304
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Icefire10304 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:43 am

abuzz wrote:This forum has gone over this a number of times.

The Knicks owe Pat Jr. nothing, those days of cronyism with Herb Williams on the left and Bo Kimble on the right of Pat Sr on the bench are gone. The Knicks don't need players for auld lang sign they need to start building a winning team.

:lol: :lol: Its funny but true. Just because your father is a great player doesn't mean you will become one. Luke Walton would probably not be in the league if it wasn't for his father
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,635

Post#4 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:45 am

abuzz wrote:This forum has gone over this a number of times.

Thank you. The Knicks should sign Patrick Ewing, Sr. before they should even consider Jr. Senior would be of greater help right now.
Free Palestine
LightsOut514
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by LightsOut514 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:14 am

I disagree that Pat is does not belong in the NBA. I think he could definitely develop into a quality role player. And yes, he is very similar to Balkman. Superb athlete, good defender and great dunker, not a very good shooter. I wouldn't be surprised to see him catch on with somebody, because I think a 6'7 great athlete who is currently a very GOOD defender could evolve into a defensive stopper type. There are definitely worse guys in the league than Pat Jr--including a couple contracted by the Knicks.

However if we pretty much gave Balk away, then I doubt Pat fits.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,994

Post#6 » by Capn'O » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:43 am

Ewing Jr. may have a place in this league. He has surpassed expectations at every level so far and does all the little things that teams need. I'd love to see him succeed. But he doesn't have a place here. Walsh said yesterday flat out that Balkman wouldn't have gotten any PT here and Pat Jr. would be the same story. Too many forwards here already so what's the point? It wouldn't be fair to Pat or the team to bring him aboard.

Btw, wasn't it David Wingate and not Kimble who was Ewing's other friend on the bench?
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
camillepd
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by camillepd » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:37 am

Yes, but wasn't it Donnie Walsh, who during the draft, said of Ewing, Jr. "He could be a productive player in this league." Also, there were rumors on draft day that the Knicks were trying to acquire a 2nd round pick so that they could select Ewing, Jr.
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#8 » by randomhero423 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:31 pm

LightsOut514 wrote:I disagree that Pat is does not belong in the NBA. I think he could definitely develop into a quality role player. And yes, he is very similar to Balkman. Superb athlete, good defender and great dunker, not a very good shooter. I wouldn't be surprised to see him catch on with somebody, because I think a 6'7 great athlete who is currently a very GOOD defender could evolve into a defensive stopper type. There are definitely worse guys in the league than Pat Jr--including a couple contracted by the Knicks.

However if we pretty much gave Balk away, then I doubt Pat fits.

balk= no bball iq. ewing jr= high bball iq
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,097

Post#9 » by sol537 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:33 pm

can't we sign him and stash him in the nbdl?
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#10 » by Paeds » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:06 pm

Are you guys serious?

Ewing was a 6ppg player as a SENIOR

here is a newsflash

If he wasnt good enough to start or play in college in ANY of the 4 years he played.

He aint gonna be a good NBA player
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#11 » by randomhero423 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:39 pm

georgetown wanted him to start but he said he was more comfortable coming off the bench.
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com
is1531
Banned User

Post#12 » by is1531 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:52 pm

Forget about it. :D :) :lol:
LightsOut514
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by LightsOut514 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:03 pm

randomhero423 wrote:georgetown wanted him to start but he said he was more comfortable coming off the bench.

This is true. He's an ideal energy guy off the bench, at the college or pro level. Not to mention that all of the guys he played along with in Georgetown's frontcourt are or will be first round picks (Jeff Green, Roy Hibbert, DaJuan Summers).
Houston99
Analyst
And1: 409

Post#14 » by Houston99 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:24 pm

i say give a chance he is pretty athletic. did you guys see the dunk he pulled off in the dunk competion it was prob one of the sickest dunks i have ever seen. and how cool would it be if we have another patrick ewing on our team.
camillepd
Assistant Coach

Post#15 » by camillepd » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:08 am

Clemenza wrote:i say give a chance he is pretty athletic. did you guys see the dunk he pulled off in the dunk competion it was prob one of the sickest dunks i have ever seen. and how cool would it be if we have another patrick ewing on our team.

agreed. we should at least invite him to camp.
Superman66
Banned User

Post#16 » by Superman66 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:31 am

Jr. is garbage. If not for his father this kid is working at Mickey D's

Return to New York Knicks