Eddy Curry aspired to be a gymnast?

VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Eddy Curry aspired to be a gymnast? 

Post#1 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:56 pm

Wacky Wiki: 'Eddy Curry aspired to be a gymnast'

By J.E. Skeets

Try and picture Eddy Curry on a pommel horse. Go ahead. From Wikipedia: "Prior to becoming considered one of the best high school basketball players in the nation as a senior at Thornwood High School in South Holland, Illinois, Curry aspired to be a gymnast and did not pick up basketball until the seventh grade when he reluctantly went out for the school team. According to his father, Eddy Curry Sr., 'For a long time, Eddy hated basketball. Being a gymnast was his backyard dream, I guess.'" Knowing the edit will be corrected and wanting to preserve this for posterity, I took a screenshot of the page, which appears after the jump.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_d ... nba,102206
runnyc
RealGM
And1: 1,235

Re: Eddy Curry aspired to be a gymnast? 

Post#2 » by runnyc » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:04 am

Hmm, I thought that was fairly common knowledge. :lol: @ the dude for taking a screenshot.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#3 » by VinnyTheMick » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:28 am

Yeah, I thought this was well known.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,087

Post#4 » by blueNorange » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:40 am

we all know how he tried out for the basketball team -- i'll paint a picture for you fellers.

*eddy curry on the lunch line all shy and a girl asks him*

"can i go ahead of you?? please"

*curry red and nervous as he manages to say*

"yeyeeyes"

*little did curry know that all of the girls friends went ahead of curry, they all laughed while doing it*

*curry finally goes to the lunch line and he tries to sneak an extra peanut butter and jelly sandwhich down his pocket as he heard ...*

"HEY YOU!! BIG GUY"

*curry all scared throws the peanut butter and jelly sandwhich back and says sorry plenty of times while pleading to not send him in the deans office because his mom will take away snack time(lasagna) for curry

"relax ... i'm the coach of the basketball team. you're big, wanna play basketball??"

*curry is confused*

"umm ... i don't really like basketball, i like twirling that little stick with the pink string. it's pretty"

*gym teacher is shocked*

"huh?? you mean you call that thing a sport?? son where i come from it's called playing with the cat(stolen from jay leno). listen ... you're gonna play ball or else i'll wet your t-shirt"

*curry bawwws*

"ookay ):

/fin
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
runnyc
RealGM

Post#5 » by runnyc » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:45 am

blueNorange wrote:we all know how he tried out for the basketball team -- i'll paint a picture for you fellers.

"yeyeeyes"

*little did curry know that all of the girls friends went ahead of curry, they all laughed while doing it*

*curry finally goes to the lunch line and he tries to sneak an extra peanut butter and jelly sandwhich down his pocket as he heard ...*

"HEY YOU!! BIG GUY"

*curry all scared throws the peanut butter and jelly sandwhich back and says sorry plenty of times while pleading to not send him in the deans office because his mom will take away snack time(lasagna) for curry

"relax ... i'm the coach of the basketball team. you're big, wanna play basketball??"

*curry is confused*

"umm ... i don't really like basketball, i like twirling that little stick with the pink string. it's pretty"

*gym teacher is shocked*

"huh?? you mean you call that thing a sport?? son where i come from it's called playing with the cat(stolen from jay leno). listen ... you're gonna play ball or else i'll wet your t-shirt"

*curry bawwws*

"ookay ):

/fin

I see you put a lot of time and effort into it... and I appreciate that. So I'll give you an F+. :D
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,087

Post#6 » by blueNorange » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:59 am

runnyc wrote:
blueNorange wrote:we all know how he tried out for the basketball team -- i'll paint a picture for you fellers.

"yeyeeyes"

"HEY YOU!! BIG GUY"

*curry is confused*

*gym teacher is shocked*

*curry bawwws*

"ookay ):

/fin

I see you put a lot of time and effort into it... and I appreciate that. So I'll give you an F+. :D

i wanted to add a lot more but dinner was ready.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM

Post#7 » by VinnyTheMick » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:06 am

blueNorange wrote:
runnyc wrote:

Thank God....
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
runnyc
RealGM

Post#8 » by runnyc » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:06 am

blueNorange wrote:
runnyc wrote:

"yeyeeyes"

"HEY YOU!! BIG GUY"

*curry is confused*

*gym teacher is shocked*

*curry bawwws*

"ookay ):

/fin

But of course, you can't poke fun of Eddy Curry on an empty stomach. I understand.
KrAzY DeMoN
Veteran

Post#9 » by KrAzY DeMoN » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:09 am

super old news.

Return to New York Knicks