ImageImageImageImageImage

Nate vs Barbosa.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Clyde2
Senior
And1: 0

Nate vs Barbosa. 

Post#1 » by Clyde2 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:01 am

Nate is an athletic dynamo who brings energy and scores well off the bench. Nate's contract will be due for an extension. Barbosa has a reasonable contract.
Barbosa is someone who is familiar with MD system and is a good shooter. Phoenix may want to trade Barbosa. Would anyone include Nate in a trade for Barbosa?
Knick Fan since last championship. We know that was a LONG time ago.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Re: Nate vs Barbosa. 

Post#2 » by blueNorange » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:06 am

walsh isn't gonna trade for barbosa's contract

walsh isn't gonna pay robinson 'barbosa' money.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#3 » by Smoke24 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:20 am

Are we going to off Robinson to anyone that plays like him. Every week its Nate Robinson vs Somebody. We can't get rid of him vs someone like a ben gordon who wants too much money. Let him play out his contract before we give asinine ideas.
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Post#4 » by ITGM » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:33 am

Nate Robinson vs Michael Jordan???
drj
Analyst
And1: 71

Post#5 » by drj » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:22 am

Barbosa may be overpaid but he is a much better player than Nate. Gordon > Barbosa > Nate.

Nate is not that good. People need to remove their homer glasses and see a 5'7" dude who is selfish with the ball, undisciplined, and plays zero defense. People need to remember the bonehead who blew a breakaway dunk in a game, by trying to bounce the ball to himself. That was Nate, folks.

Nate is still young, and has good skills combined with super-freak athleticism. I'm not giving up hope on the kid. But he has a long way to go, and in no way can compare to Gordon or Barbosa or any player of that caliber.
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#6 » by Smoke24 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:30 am

drj wrote:Barbosa may be overpaid but he is a much better player than Nate. Gordon > Barbosa > Nate.

Nate is not that good. People need to remove their homer glasses and see a 5'7" dude who is selfish with the ball, undisciplined, and plays zero defense. People need to remember the bonehead who blew a breakaway dunk in a game, by trying to bounce the ball to himself. That was Nate, folks.

Nate is still young, and has good skills combined with super-freak athleticism. I'm not giving up hope on the kid. But he has a long way to go, and in no way can compare to Gordon or Barbosa or any player of that caliber.

Im not saying that Nate is better than either, but i don't think barbosa and gordon can play defense all that well either, barbosa especially. I want to see Barbosa start for a team for a while before I want him running my team.

Nate is here and Barbosa and Gordon isn't so I put faith in the little midget.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,748

Post#7 » by cgf » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:00 am

Nate's similar to both in that he's an undersized scoring guard who's defense is a liability and isn't enough of a distributer to actually start at the point. Nate's less of a pure shooter than the other two, but he's as good if not a better slasher.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#8 » by TheBluest » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:02 am

ITGM wrote:Nate Robinson vs Michael Jordan???

Nate vs Obama?
drj
Analyst
And1: 71

Post#9 » by drj » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:22 am

Smoke24 wrote:Im not saying that Nate is better than either, but i don't think barbosa and gordon can play defense all that well either, barbosa especially. I want to see Barbosa start for a team for a while before I want him running my team.

Well neither Nate nor Barbosa can run a team effectively as of now -- both are best used as 'instant offense' off the bench.
As far as defense, all three of these guys are lousy defenders. But there are still distinctions to be drawn. In my mind the ranking of these guys on defense would be (1a) Gordon, (1b) Barbosa (both are lousy but Gordon has slightly better fundamentals), and (2) Nate (way undersized, doesn't crouch, doesn't try) -- with Steve Nash coming in a very distant last (as in couldn't defend a doorknob).

Smoke24 wrote:Nate is here and Barbosa and Gordon isn't so I put faith in the little midget.

Yup he's our little midget.
IMO this year will be a big year for Nate. The system is perfect for him -- he'll be our mini-Barbosa. Hopefully he can prove that he is ready to take it to the next level.
To me the big thing with Nate is for him to get over his 'spontaneous' and 'entertainment' thing, and focus on winning. If he can play within the flow of the offense, and put in some effort on d, then he could transform himself into an effective bench scorer. He has the tools.
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Post#10 » by ITGM » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:37 am

TheBluest wrote:
ITGM wrote:Nate Robinson vs Michael Jordan???

Nate vs Obama?

:lol:

Return to New York Knicks