ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Giants' Umenyiora will probably miss season

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

DaGoodz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Re: OT: Giants' Umenyiora will probably miss season 

Post#41 » by DaGoodz » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:22 am

Shucks.......There goes our repeat chances...
Osi was the most important person on our defense, with Pierce being 2nd.
Its time for the young players to step up, our season is counting on them.
Kiwi and Tuck need to have huge years if we are to make the playoffs, and Gerris gets the starting nod at LB finally.
At least Plax is practicing again, we got to gut this one out.
Clincher
General Manager
And1: 697

Post#42 » by Clincher » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:04 am

ElMatatan wrote:By the way, we need to stop playing our starters in this games against the Jets if I'm not mistaken Jason Sehorn injured himself in a game against the Jets.

Its a dangerous little rivalry. I still remember when Pennington hurt himself the 1st time in the 2003 preseason game vs you guys, and after that 1st rd **** up of IND and losing to OAK, we went 6-10 :(

That led to a string of injuries to Chad and eventually his demise in NYJ.
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 820

Post#43 » by KOA » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:05 am

The best way to cope with the loss of Osi is to move Kiwanuka back to DE. His production from the linebacker spot shouldn't be too hard to replace, and he is by far the best available DE on the roster.

I really hope the giants pound the ball more often this season. One of their biggest strengths is their depth at running back, but they were never really used as efficiently as possible.

The longer the offense stays on the field by pounding the ball, the less time we will have to worry about the defense... :D
DaGoodz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#44 » by DaGoodz » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:22 pm

Yea I'm most worried about our run defense without Osi, his run defense was very overated.
I know Kiwi can rush the passer, I don't know how he can play the run though.
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 820

Post#45 » by KOA » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:00 pm

Kiwanuka is much better at stopping the run than Osi was. Kiwi was actually the teams leading tackler before he became injured last season. If I remember correctly, he was the one who made the goal line stop against Washington last season.

Return to New York Knicks