ImageImageImageImageImage

To the both candidates suck crowd..

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

movingon
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Re: To the both candidates suck crowd.. 

Post#81 » by movingon » Wed Sep 3, 2008 12:05 pm

I don't like fascists.

btw, I wish one of our politicians had taken the Iraqi people's side in the current war.
Bullsville
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#82 » by Bullsville » Wed Sep 3, 2008 1:12 pm

roy10 wrote:
Bullsville wrote:You would think that if Biden's love for Iran was so real and true and a serious issue, the Republicans would have jumped all over it by now.

They are the ones who branded Iran as part of the "Axis of Evil", but I don't see them going after Obama/Biden on the issue.

Which tells me that roy10 might be over-reacting just a bit...

I doubt the Republicans want to raise the Iran issue since they are the ones who dropped the ball on Iran.

So you are saying that the Republicans can't mention the Biden/Iran connection because they dropped the ball so bad on Iran?

Then shouldn't we be more afraid of the Republicans being in charge than we should be afraid of Biden? That's just weak.

I'll start worrying about Biden's Iran-love once the Republicans think enough of the issue to even mention it.

If they don't, I'll just assume that they are even WORSE than Biden on Iran, since in your own words the Repubs "dropped the ball on Iran".
roy10
Banned User

Post#83 » by roy10 » Wed Sep 3, 2008 2:29 pm

Bullsville wrote:So you are saying that the Republicans can't mention the Biden/Iran connection because they dropped the ball so bad on Iran?

Then shouldn't we be more afraid of the Republicans being in charge than we should be afraid of Biden? That's just weak.

I'll start worrying about Biden's Iran-love once the Republicans think enough of the issue to even mention it.

If they don't, I'll just assume that they are even WORSE than Biden on Iran, since in your own words the Repubs "dropped the ball on Iran".

I'm not the McCain/Plain strategist. I don't know what they want to raise, why and when. All I know is that Bush mishandles Iran.

I just provided you with 6 independent sources regarding Biden - Iran ties. There are hundreds more out-there.

It really doesn't matter if the McCain campaign raises the issue or not. The issue exists.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Post#84 » by duetta » Wed Sep 3, 2008 3:22 pm

Bush has the authority, by virtue of the War Powers Act (using the 60 / 30 day windows stipulated by the law), to attack Iran without Congressional authorization. Congress made a mistake in giving the President that power. The Framers intended that only Congress could launch a war. However, Presidents since Thomas Jefferson (strict constructionist, my butt!) have ursurped that power - and Congress needs to reassert itself, and take it back.

If Bush attacks Iran after October 20th (within the 90 day period that this potentially unconstitutional Act sets out), Congress can realistically do nothing. If he acts before then, Congress can certainly threaten impeachment on any number of grounds, as Biden has rightfully done (and I loudly applaud him for doing so), but even then, it would have little real-world impact. But make no mistake, if Bush were to attack Iran using those powers, he would be violating the spirit of the Constitution, at the end of the long-train of abuses that should ideally lead to him being tried at the World Criminal Court. The man is a criminal, pure and simple.

Congress needs to repeal the War Powers act, and insist that Presidents stick strictly to the powers granted to them by the Constitution. If a President cannot get Congress to go along with a military engagement, then American troops should never, ever be committed.

Never, ever. I don't care if the buffoon thinks that Jesus Christ himself is speaking to him. No authorization, no war. Period. I don't care if the President's a Republican, a Democrat, or Ross Perot. No authorization, no war.

I salute Biden's attempts to defend the Constitution, and use the moral force of impeachment in an attempt to dissuade Bush from yet another catastrophic decision.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Post#85 » by duetta » Wed Sep 3, 2008 3:28 pm

Biden has no Iranian ties. But the Bush family has easily documented ties to the Royal Family in Saudi Arabia, and through them, to the Wahhabi clerics who keep the Royal Family in Power.

The ideology that created Bin Laden comes directly out of the Wahhabis of Saudi Arabia. When will the psycho-cons put American interests first, and their petroleum/economic interests second?
roy10
Banned User

Post#86 » by roy10 » Wed Sep 3, 2008 3:33 pm

duetta wrote:Biden has no Iranian ties. But the Bush family has easily documented ties to the Royal Family in Saudi Arabia, and through them, to the Wahhabi clerics who keep the Royal Family in Power.

The ideology that created Bin Laden comes directly out of the Wahhabis of Saudi Arabia. When will the psycho-cons put American interests first, and their petroleum/economic interests second?

How exactly does Biden have no Iranian ties if he recieves most of his campaign funds from Iranian groups and has been mostly lobbying Iranian intrests for the past 20 years?

Did you read the links I attached?

Bush is irrelevant. He is gone. Biden could care less about the constitutional aspects of Bush defending our troops in Iraq. He cares about representing Iranian interests, just like he has for the past two decades.
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#87 » by sule » Thu Sep 4, 2008 3:00 am

roy10 wrote:
sule wrote:I'd say more than a bit, especially considering he's been wrong on just about everything he's said so far.

:(

Coming from the guy who says Hamas and Hizboullah are not terrorist organizations and only target military facilities (Buses and Restaurants are indeed great military targets...) and that Iran is actually a peace loving nation who has never taken any acts of aggression and is only enriching Uranium for "peaceful" purposes. Sure, you have a lot of credibility.

I've never stated those as my opinions. I was merely presenting a side. I don't think i stated my own opinion on those groups.

And your recent post about Biden doesn't prove anything, except that he doesn't want to initiate a war against a country who can't be proven to have provoked a conflict by direct attack on US soil.
roy10
Banned User

Post#88 » by roy10 » Thu Sep 4, 2008 3:43 am

sule wrote:I've never stated those as my opinions. I was merely presenting a side. I don't think i stated my own opinion on those groups.

THERE IS NO "OTHER SIDE" TO BLOWING UP RESTAURANTS AND BUSES.

sule wrote:And your recent post about Biden doesn't prove anything, except that he doesn't want to initiate a war against a country who can't be proven to have provoked a conflict by direct attack on US soil.

Check out the links - Biden gets funding from Iranian groups, he is the ONLY Western leader (even though he's just a nominee) that has taken the position the world should "accept" nuclear weapons in Iran. He threatened to impeach the president if the president took any action to stop the supply of weapons by Iran to Iraqi terrorists.

Joe Biden is nothing more than a lobbyist for Iranian interests in the Senate. That has been his agenda for the past two decades. This guy should not be in a position of power and should definitely not be on a VP ticket.
Bullsville
Banned User

Post#89 » by Bullsville » Thu Sep 4, 2008 4:22 am

roy10 I'll give you major props, apparently nobody else in the entire USA is worried about Biden's Iran-love, but you are doing all you can to convince us that we should be concerned about it.

I admire your gumption, without a doubt. You certainly don't give up on trying to prove your point, no matter how alone you are in expressing that point of view.

Well done. Seriously.
roy10
Banned User

Post#90 » by roy10 » Thu Sep 4, 2008 4:42 am

Bullsville wrote:roy10 I'll give you major props, apparently nobody else in the entire USA is worried about Biden's Iran-love, but you are doing all you can to convince us that we should be concerned about it.

I admire your gumption, without a doubt. You certainly don't give up on trying to prove your point, no matter how alone you are in expressing that point of view.

Well done. Seriously.

So far, nobody has talked at all about Biden. It has all been Obama / McCain / Palin.

I first heard about the Biden - Iran connection more than 10 years ago (way before Iran posed got serious about its nuclear program). He was then making the case how it would be great if Israel withdrew unilaterally from southern Lebanon and how it would bring peace between Israel and Lebanon. What he actually meant was how great it would be for Iran that Hizbouallah can take over Lebanon. Naturally, the Israeli withdrawal only led to more aggression and more blood shed.

The guy has been lobbying Iranian interests in the senate for a very long while. That's what he does whether the public is made aware of it or not.

Return to New York Knicks