ImageImageImageImageImage

Ewing in Rotation

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NikeAir
Banned User
And1: 0

Ewing in Rotation 

Post#1 » by NikeAir » Tue Sep 2, 2008 4:07 am

He is a hustle player and very athletic and plays sorta like Marion and could be a great player in a running game because he is all about hustle and hard work. Mike D is known to use those kinds of players, I know he is not a lock to make the team but he seems like exactly what the Dr. order so do you think he cracks into the line up.
eviL
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Re: Ewing in Rotation 

Post#2 » by eviL » Tue Sep 2, 2008 4:17 am

Unless major moves are made, Ew2 will not crack the rotation. This is most likely his place, should he make the team:
While bench players aren't likely to play at all, sometimes the starters need a kick in the butt or a wake up call. Getting taken out and replaced by a bench scrub sends a message. Sometimes after a poor team performance in the 1st quarter D'Antoni will start a scrub player that hustles in practices for the 2nd quarter. Not only will he put the scrub in the game but he will run plays for that player. It's motivational to the starters and keeps the bench aware that hard work in practice pays off.

He will more than likely keep players like Q, Chandler, and Gallo motivated to perform their best, at least until he's able to prove he can knock down an open jumper consistently.
Th3TrueDynesty
Senior
And1: 15

Post#3 » by Th3TrueDynesty » Tue Sep 2, 2008 4:18 am

I don't. I think the rotation is going to be
If Marbury is cut.
Duhon Nate
Crawford Nate
Q-Rich Chandler
Zach Lee
Curry Lee
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,970

Post#4 » by ITGM » Tue Sep 2, 2008 4:32 am

Ewing will average 45minutes per

In the D-League
NikeAir
Banned User

Post#5 » by NikeAir » Tue Sep 2, 2008 5:00 am

ITGM wrote:Ewing will average 45minutes per

In the D-League

lol maybe but he seems exactly what D'antoni wants im sure he make the team if he dosn't then the trade was for nothing
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#6 » by knicksNOTslick » Tue Sep 2, 2008 5:34 am

NikeAir wrote:

In the D-League

lol maybe but he seems exactly what D'antoni wants im sure he make the team if he dosn't then the trade was for nothing

the trade was already for nothing.

We gave up the rights to big puss Frederic Weiss. That's nothing.
vinnie_vegas69
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 71

Post#7 » by vinnie_vegas69 » Tue Sep 2, 2008 10:09 am

NikeAir wrote:

In the D-League

If he makes the roster, it still might not be the worst idea to send him to the D-League for some seasoning... I'm sick of the Knicks not being the team that takes advantage of all of these things around the league - The D-League affiliation system, the ability to buy 2nd rounders (and even 1st rounders), the little trades to pick up an interesting prospect in return for a ridiculous mistake draft pick from 10 years ago... Okay, so we did one of them.

But seriously, if Ewing makes the rotation and he's getting no burn at all, and Mike D thinks that Q-Rich, Jeffries, Gallo and Chandler is enough practice fodder for the 3 spot, then it might make sense to let Patrick develop his game and then bring him back to the team with some renewed confidence and improved skills.
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#8 » by Ignitowsky » Tue Sep 2, 2008 3:35 pm

justaknicksfan wrote:I don't. I think the rotation is going to be
If Marbury is cut.
Duhon Nate
Crawford Nate
Q-Rich Chandler
Zach Lee
Curry Lee

Where does Gallinari fit?
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#9 » by Johnny Hoops » Tue Sep 2, 2008 3:35 pm

If Marbury is cut.
Duhon Nate
Crawford Nate
Q-Rich Chandler
Zach Lee
Curry Lee

This is quite possible - an 8-man rotation with 3-man rotations at both the guard and PF/C positions. I do think D'Antoni will keep a short rotation. He just doesn't seem like the patient sort of guy - he wants to find the best 8-guys at executing his system and he wants them to play together a bunch.

Outside of Gallo &/or Jefferies - I wouldn't anticipate any of the other guys like (Mardy, Roberson, Malik, Ewing, James, etc) getting any burn from D'Antoni.

Steph situation is a big wild-card. What if he comes into camp and just torches everybody and runs Mike D's system the way he wants? They could decide to keep him and let him play.

Big problem with getting rid of both Steph and say Zach is that in Mike D's system you need people to score the ball.
Ralphie96
Starter
And1: 54

Post#10 » by Ralphie96 » Tue Sep 2, 2008 3:36 pm

If Marbury is cut.
Duhon Nate
Crawford Nate
Q-Rich Chandler
Zach Lee
Curry Lee

danilo???
NikeAir
Banned User

Post#11 » by NikeAir » Tue Sep 2, 2008 6:25 pm

Ralphie96 wrote:
If Marbury is cut.
Duhon Nate
Crawford Nate
Q-Rich Chandler
Zach Lee
Curry Lee

danilo???

W rich is the odd man out
Th3TrueDynesty
Senior
And1: 15

Post#12 » by Th3TrueDynesty » Tue Sep 2, 2008 10:38 pm

Ralphie96 wrote:
If Marbury is cut.
Duhon Nate
Crawford Nate
Q-Rich Chandler
Zach Lee
Curry Lee

danilo???

I dont think he'll get alot of burn at the beginning of the season but maybe later he'll get solid minutes
Houston99
Analyst
And1: 409

Post#13 » by Houston99 » Tue Sep 2, 2008 10:51 pm

its all going to come down to pre season of who will be in the rotation and dantonis does not mess around with with lazy players if they are lazy they will get benchedand our former coach used to love to play lazy players.so we will have to see.
NikeAir
Banned User

Post#14 » by NikeAir » Wed Sep 3, 2008 4:32 am

Clemenza wrote:its all going to come down to pre season of who will be in the rotation and dantonis does not mess around with with lazy players if they are lazy they will get benchedand our former coach used to love to play lazy players.so we will have to see.

That a big oh no for Curry Randolph Q rich and the old crap, but great new for players like ewing and gallinari

Return to New York Knicks