ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: McCain's Campaign Manager "Election isnt about issues"

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,049

OT: McCain's Campaign Manager "Election isnt about issues" 

Post#1 » by GONYK » Wed Sep 3, 2008 4:13 am

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix ... ion_i.html

Didn't see this posted anywhere. If it is, lock this up.

Just thought this is a very interesting spin for the Repubs. Do they really want to make this about personality?
rrosario35
Sixth Man
And1: 92

Re: OT: McCain's Campaign Manager "Election isnt about issues" 

Post#2 » by rrosario35 » Wed Sep 3, 2008 12:53 pm

If it's about personality then the republicans are in for a longggg race.
Obama is a straight up dude and it's funny when news "Leaks" and the Repubs try to feed off of it. Only to later find out Obama has already written about his brother in Africa in one of his books. Or that his mother was 18 yrs old when she gave birth to him, I'm just getting into his book "Audacity of Hope" and starting to enjoy his personality even more than I have for the past two years, when my wife first told me about him. The guy is honest and that's why I believe he can deliver the change this country needs.
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#3 » by Bill Bradley » Wed Sep 3, 2008 4:33 pm

Never underestimate the mentality of the American electorate. Remember, people voted for Bush because he seemed like a regular guy and they could relate to him. They thought Gore was too intellectual and most probably think the same of Obama. Women can relate to Sarah Palin. My mother, who was a Hillary supporter, loves Palin because she is a "superwoman." She doesn't even know about her views on the issues and that they are the opposite of her own. It's scary but true.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#4 » by Red Vines » Wed Sep 3, 2008 4:41 pm

Even if a nominee states his position on a certain issue you still have to decide if you believe them and trust them--so it does come down to character assessment alot of times. Some people would rather have a president who they don't completely agree with but trust rather than someone who holds similar views but lacks character.
DrSithMirth
Head Coach
And1: 11
Location: The Black Lodge. Raise up off me, lest you find yourself with us. Under the sycamore trees..

Post#5 » by DrSithMirth » Wed Sep 3, 2008 4:58 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:Never underestimate the mentality of the American electorate. Remember, people voted for Bush because he seemed like a regular guy and they could relate to him. They thought Gore was too intellectual and most probably think the same of Obama. Women can relate to Sarah Palin. My mother, who was a Hillary supporter, loves Palin because she is a "superwoman." She doesn't even know about her views on the issues and that they are the opposite of her own. It's scary but true.

Man, Bill, that sucks. You better set her straight before we all go straight to hell. The handbasket has been carrying us for some time now. I really don't want to reach our destination.
Cheers, Dr. SithMirth
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#6 » by Bill Bradley » Wed Sep 3, 2008 7:25 pm

DrSithMirth wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:Never underestimate the mentality of the American electorate. Remember, people voted for Bush because he seemed like a regular guy and they could relate to him. They thought Gore was too intellectual and most probably think the same of Obama. Women can relate to Sarah Palin. My mother, who was a Hillary supporter, loves Palin because she is a "superwoman." She doesn't even know about her views on the issues and that they are the opposite of her own. It's scary but true.

Man, Bill, that sucks. You better set her straight before we all go straight to hell. The handbasket has been carrying us for some time now. I really don't want to reach our destination.

It is kind of disturbing to me, to be honest, but I have decided not to talk to her about politics until after the election. Hopefully she'll watch the debates and see that her views are most consistent with Obama's, but I wouldn't hold my breath. She lives in NY anyways, so it doesn't matter.
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#7 » by knicks742 » Wed Sep 3, 2008 7:43 pm

I am not sure why anyone is surprised. This is true. I mean both candidates are very close to what the "normal" Republican or Democratic platforms are so if it was based on issues, everyone would have decided who they would vote for already. Instead, people are talking about who is more inspirational, the historical dimensions of candidacies, people's judgement, who is ready, who is change, etc.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,434

Post#8 » by NyKnicks1714 » Wed Sep 3, 2008 9:14 pm

People are idiots.
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#9 » by yungal07 » Wed Sep 3, 2008 9:30 pm

Return to New York Knicks