ImageImageImageImageImage

Cavs resign delonte west multi year deal

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Dbloc123
Sixth Man
And1: 406

Cavs resign delonte west multi year deal 

Post#1 » by Dbloc123 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:31 pm

First off i am new to the board and the cavs just resign delonte for a multi year deal and they have a clutter of guards and small forwards now. If the memphis deal is dead can we assume the cavs would like to make a deal.

wally
snow
verajo

for
zach
mardy
J.R. Smith's last-second whiff left the Knicks with a sixth straight loss. But J.R. would do it again. "I think we went with the best shot," he said.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Re: Cavs resign delonte west multi year deal 

Post#2 » by mjhp911 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:38 pm

Dbloc123 wrote:First off i am new to the board and the cavs just resign delonte for a multi year deal and they have a clutter of guards and small forwards now. If the memphis deal is dead can we assume the cavs would like to make a deal.

wally
snow
verajo

for
zach
mardy

I'm not averse to that deal at all. 'Antoni will appreciate another shooter (and World REALLY is a shooter, not a 'volume' guy like Q). Varejao would also make the perfect 'center' for 'Antoni (though he'd take away some minutes from Gallo and Lee). Snow is just an ending deal (the rest of those guys have short deals too).
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#3 » by Johnny Hoops » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:43 pm

Dbloc123 wrote:First off i am new to the board and the cavs just resign delonte for a multi year deal and they have a clutter of guards and small forwards now. If the memphis deal is dead can we assume the cavs would like to make a deal.

wally
snow
verajo

for
zach
mardy

A reasonable scenario but I'd actually prefer the Memphis deal if it's just Marko and Darko for Zach. I realize the Marko deal still sticks us for $7M in 2010 but at the same time I still think these 2 guys would be better for us than Verajo and Wally (last legs).

Up-side on this deal and one that makes you think Cleveland deal won't go down is that we would saddle Cleveland with Zach's $17M deal at the time they'll be wanting to re-up Lebron. They can go over cap on him but do they want to deal with all the luxury tax stuff just to add Zach?
knick4life1218
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#4 » by knick4life1218 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:47 pm

why did the sign west and trade for mo will
Dbloc123
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by Dbloc123 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:59 pm

Up-side on this deal and one that makes you think Cleveland deal won't go down is that we would saddle Cleveland with Zach's $17M deal at the time they'll be wanting to re-up Lebron. They can go over cap on him but do they want to deal with all the luxury tax stuff just to add Zach?

True,

So how about

jared jeffries
malik

for

wally
snow

basically this would be a cap space move
J.R. Smith's last-second whiff left the Knicks with a sixth straight loss. But J.R. would do it again. "I think we went with the best shot," he said.
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#6 » by GuyverADL » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:01 pm

mjhp911 wrote:

wally
snow
verajo

for
zach
mardy

I'm not averse to that deal at all. 'Antoni will appreciate another shooter (and World REALLY is a shooter, not a 'volume' guy like Q). Varejao would also make the perfect 'center' for 'Antoni (though he'd take away some minutes from Gallo and Lee). Snow is just an ending deal (the rest of those guys have short deals too).

We arent getting Varejao. Obviously Cleveland is trying to appease Lebron here.
supergallinari
Banned User

Post#7 » by supergallinari » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:06 pm

mo williams/gibson
delonte west/pavlovic
lebron james/jeffries
zach randolph/varejao
zyndrunas/hickson

ben wallace and eric snow

for
zach randolph, jared jeffries, and the knicks pay zach's deferred payments
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#8 » by GuyverADL » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:15 pm

ieatcurry wrote:why did the sign west and trade for mo will

I'm thinking they plan on making Gibson the new Damon Jones.

Ilgaukas
Varejao
Lebron
Williams
West

Bench:
Pavlovic
Gibson

On defense West will likely be guarding SG's and Williams the PG.

Only deal Cleveland would likely consider is Wallace for Randolph.
supergallinari
Banned User

Post#9 » by supergallinari » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:18 pm

vareajo is a flopping bench player.
ilgaukas is old
ben wallace is old and sucks
Dbloc123
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by Dbloc123 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:23 pm

Only deal Cleveland would likely consider is Wallace for Randolph.

I would do that

duhon/nate
jamal/q
chandler/q
lee/gallo
curry/wallace

Nice rotation for me.

mo/boobi
west/wally
james/pavlic
zach/z
verajo/z

works for both teams, And i belive if the cavs would trade for zach and thats a big IF z would come off the bench in my opinion.
jassous
Banned User

Post#11 » by jassous » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:26 pm

Or we can say Delonte West was signed, not a sign and trade, so he will be staying in Clevland.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#12 » by GuyverADL » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:36 pm

If we send Randolph to Cleveland for Wallace we can FORGET about signing Lebron in 2010.

Varejao/Z
Randolph/Z
Lebron/Pavlovic(the guy is 6' 8")
Williams/Gibson
West/Gibson

Thats a nice balanced rotation right there.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,954

Post#13 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:51 pm

Dbloc123 wrote:

True,

So how about

jared jeffries
malik

for

wally
snow

basically this would be a cap space move

DONE
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#14 » by Johnny Hoops » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:13 pm

optimusADL wrote:If we send Randolph to Cleveland for Wallace we can FORGET about signing Lebron in 2010.

Varejao/Z
Randolph/Z
Williams/Gibson
West/Gibson

I'd actually think sticking Cleveland with Zach would help our chances in signing LeBron.

True Zach looks nice on paper but that is a poor defensive team at the 1, 3 and 4 spots. Not to mention very small 2-guards in West and Gibson and the ultra-quick Big Z at center.

Cleveland could obviously sign Lebron and go over the cap but there is some luxury tax money to consider and I wouldn't be so convinced that Zach is the answer to any teams problems until I see him work it out on the floor. He'll have to take a back seat to Lebron and he hasn't shown that willingness anywhere else. True Lebron is one guy he might respect but with Zach - making long term assumptions of good will and success are mighty dangerous.

I'll take my chances in giving him to Cleveland -- but not thrilled with the initial deal and would prefer Memphis package.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#15 » by GuyverADL » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:30 pm

Johnny Hoops wrote:
optimusADL wrote:If we send Randolph to Cleveland for Wallace we can FORGET about signing Lebron in 2010.

Varejao/Z
Randolph/Z
Williams/Gibson
West/Gibson

I'd actually think sticking Cleveland with Zach would help our chances in signing LeBron.

True Zach looks nice on paper but that is a poor defensive team at the 1, 3 and 4 spots. Not to mention very small 2-guards in West and Gibson and the ultra-quick Big Z at center.

Cleveland could obviously sign Lebron and go over the cap but there is some luxury tax money to consider and I wouldn't be so convinced that Zach is the answer to any teams problems until I see him work it out on the floor. He'll have to take a back seat to Lebron and he hasn't shown that willingness anywhere else. True Lebron is one guy he might respect but with Zach - making long term assumptions of good will and success are mighty dangerous.

I'll take my chances in giving him to Cleveland -- but not thrilled with the initial deal and would prefer Memphis package.

The Knicks BLEW out the Cavs team without Lebron. Lebron took those scrubs to the 2nd round. I think he can make it to the finals with Z bo.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Post#16 » by seren » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:05 pm

Eric Snow is retiring for medical reasons. They will shave him off the payroll and save around 14 million. West completes their guard rotation.

Mo/West
Sasha/Gibson
LB/Wally
Ben/Hickson
Z/Varejao

Also expect LB to get some time at the four spot.

I don't expect Cleveland to trade Wally's expiring unless they get someone really really good.

Ben for Zach is still a possibility, albeit a small one.
prekazi
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#17 » by prekazi » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:49 pm

Do you guys aware that Cavs have a trading rule called "No KNICKS". Other than David Lee no Knick player is welcomed in Cleveland especially Zach. We don't need a cancer.
"Die Freiheit ist immer nur Freiheit der Andersdenkenden." R.Luxemburg

http://twitter.com/prekazi
LiquidFire
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#18 » by LiquidFire » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:16 am

dear lord you guys are rediculous.
from JJ and mardy for wally and snow to big z on the bench and playing PF.

this boards a joke.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,319

Post#19 » by Scalabrine » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:45 pm

ieatcurry wrote:why did the sign west and trade for mo will

Well, Sczerbiack probably wont be getting a ton of playing time for the Cavs next season. They are not the average team because they have a player as good as LeBron so they dont really have all of the other positions, more like good defenders that compliment LeBron offensively, they need good ball handlers that can hit open shots at guard and make a play once in a while to keep the defense a little honest. So I think they will be fine with Mo Williams/Delonte West/Daniel Gibson as there back court, with Wally and Pavlovic getting mintues during certain matchups and when LeBron is playing Power Foward he may be the SF.

The deal would be helping because it would give them a good player for players they wouldnt use but the salary in 2010 and our obvious intentions to get under the cap for the 2010 free agent market where LeBron is the headlining name, make a deal with Cleveland where we are getting cap relief very unlikely.
Go Knicks!

Return to New York Knicks