ImageImageImageImageImage

Marbury Speaks Out About Future With Knicks

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,032

Re: Marbury Speaks Out About Future With Knicks 

Post#61 » by Capn'O » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:29 pm

Kobe>Jordan>God wrote:
Jstarks3 wrote:not to make excuses, but his dad died last year too. people tend to forget that. he died WHILE AT THE GARDEN. give the guy a break. yeah he's a professional, but if your dad died during the season, it definitely will hurt your game/mind.

C'mon, so his dad died, big deal. When Michael Jordan's dad died, he didn't do anything radical like abandon his team and teammates. Stop making excuses for the guy.

On October 6, 1993, Jordan announced his retirement, citing a loss of desire to play the game. Jordan later stated that the murder of his father earlier in the year shaped his decision.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_jo ... retirement
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Starbury4lyf
Junior
And1: 0

Post#62 » by Starbury4lyf » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:38 pm

I dont care what anyone says. Marbury is as real as it gets. Worked out for 6 months..eating right exercising.. hes in the best shape of his LIFE...Marbury is genuine and I believe given the chance.. he will play well..we have nothing to lose by giving him this chance
DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#63 » by DocZaius » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:49 pm

I was lolling when he started blurting about amazon. Chit came out of nowhere.
eviL
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#64 » by eviL » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:10 am

Alright Steph, prove 'em all wrong!
Hardaway 10
Analyst

Post#65 » by Hardaway 10 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:18 am

Dude wants to play defense. He must've forgot D'Antoni is coaching this team. :lol:
IsiahThomasJr
Banned User

Post#66 » by IsiahThomasJr » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:37 am

Starbury4lyf wrote:I dont care what anyone says. Marbury is as real as it gets. Worked out for 6 months..eating right exercising.. hes in the best shape of his LIFE...Marbury is genuine and I believe given the chance.. he will play well..we have nothing to lose by giving him this chance

Marbury could bomb your house and you would still praise him. You are a fanboy.
"It's so crazy it just might work." - Isiah Thomas
movingon
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#67 » by movingon » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:56 am

Even if Marbury was to play out of his mind there is no point in keeping him on the team. He's clearly on the decline. When was the last time you saw him dunk? He carried the team 2 and 3 seasons ago, but it really took a toll on his body. He used to be unstoppable driving to the hoop. Nowadays, he gets rejected much more frequently. Marbury is still a good player but he's not what this team needs anymore.

We're much better off with Duhon who also has a good assist to turnover ratio but doesn't pound the ball as much and is still quick enough to defend the PG spot (which Marbury isn't). With Crawford and Duhon in the backcourt everyone will get they're touches which will is necessary to take advantage of the offensive power in the frontcourt (alley-oops would be nice) and will help to develop the youngsters.

I actually like Marbury as a player. The best thing for him and the team is if he finishes his career in Boston.
method
RealGM
And1: 299

Post#68 » by method » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:07 am

IsiahThomasJr wrote:If anyone is really buying into Stephon Marbury again then I feel sorry for you.

+1
Charcoal Filtered
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#69 » by Charcoal Filtered » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:54 am

cgmw wrote:Marbury will fail. I wasn't sure about it until I saw that clip, but now it's clear. I used to make my living by working with juvenile delinquents, and I learned that there's only one way to reform your bad ways -- take responsibility.

Over and over again, Marbury expressed that he's done nothing wrong. He cannot change his bad affect if he does not acknowledge it.

Stephon Marbury said wrote:"I haven't done anything to hurt or harm any of my teamates. I haven't caused them any grief.... All they had to do was respond [to my problems with Isiah to the crazy NY media]. I'm truly sorry for that."

Bruce: People say Marbury's a cancer.
Steph: I don't know what to say to that. [Ten seconds later, he's dancing, laughing, and rambling on non-sensically while calling the host the wrong name.]

Bruce: People thought you were whacked out.
Steph: Alright, I was a little crazy. I was having a little fun. I mean, it's just TV. Everyone has their own movie. [What?]

Bruce: Are you going to be a good teammate, a good soul again?
Stephon: That's all I been.

He shows no signs of accepting any responsibility whatsoever. We can therefore expect no improvement. IMO he also uses "spirituality" as a shield to defend himself against criticism. IMO he seems slightly manic. He's either in his calm zen mode or he's flying off the handle.

I loved the part where he says he's "ALREADY EARNED" his $22m. Really?

He thinks that he isn't the problem. He thinks that if NY cuts him, another team will bail him out.

Personally, I hope that Walsh and D'Antoni tell him to take a long walk and never come back. No waiving, no cutting, no trading. Just let the contract expire while he sits on the beach and sells sneakers on Amazon.com.

+1

How is everyone supposed to get organic and on the same page, as Marbury asks, when no one knows what page he is on? Is he Zen Marbury or hop in the truck Marbury?

Treat him the same way the Pacers are dealing with Tinsley. Do not call us, we will call you. Sit at home because you do more damage to our team than good.

I wonder why there was no mention of shutting it down last year in order to have a surgery that could have been delayed?
The NBA: Where convicted tax evader Ken Mauer happens to officiate.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,620

Post#70 » by Lord Commander » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:51 pm

My bitch better have my money
Through rain
Sleet
Or snow

My ho better have my money
Not half
Not some
But all my cash

Because if she don't
I'm gonna put my foot
Dead in her ass!

--Steph
Starbury4lyf
Junior

Post#71 » by Starbury4lyf » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:56 pm

Give him teh chance to see waht he can do before you waive him. If hes a distraction which he claims he wont be then hes gone. Theres nothing to lose. Its really that simple.. Lets see what the man can do in teh best shape of his life and anxious to prove everyone wrong..anxious to make the garden "rockin" again.
onlyonesharky
Starter

Post#72 » by onlyonesharky » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:28 pm

Hardaway 10 wrote:
onlyonesharky wrote:
He didn't happily do so last season for the Knicks did he...?
The point is that he was not willing to play the backup role for the Knicks without a fiasco/issue/problem/crybabyism/immaturity/bull#$#%#/DomeDumbness/ but he is willing to play backup for the Celtics? What's the difference this upcoming season:
1. Contract year?
2. New coach?
3. If he gets traded to a Championship team he would be willing to play backup?

*He didn't even volunteer to play backup for the Knicks. If he wanted to prove a point, he should have stated that at least.

There's a difference between the Celtics and Knicks. If he were to go to the Celtics, he'd accept backing up a guy like Rondo b/c the team won a Championship with him as a starter. Not only that, but Marbury knows he'd be brought in to be the 6th man there, still get his 30+ minutes, and his allotment of shot attempts to compliment the Big3.

With the Knicks, he'd be told to back up a BUM like Duhon and would have no guarantee of PT game to game. What player would accept backing up a scrub like Duhon? :lol:

"...still get his 30+ minutes, and his allotment of shot attempts to compliment the Big3. "????
This is what you call a pipe dream. He would in no way be guaranteed anything near those figures you posted....and you can rest assured that he would start complaining about playing time soon enough....
Let's give LEBRON the BLACK-AND-BLUE-PRINT!
onlyonesharky
Starter

Post#73 » by onlyonesharky » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:39 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
onlyonesharky wrote:He didn't happily do so last season for the Knicks did he...?

Last season he started off as the starting PG and was being bench for NO reason. Because Isiah was feeling the pressure. There is a huge difference between being told from the jump you're a backup (and letting him hang himself should he choose) vs benching him to deflect blame for failed transactions and stupid executive decisions.

onlyonesharky wrote:The point is that he was not willing to play the backup role for the Knicks without a fiasco/issue/problem/crybabyism/immaturity/bull#$#%#/DomeDumbness/ but he is willing to play backup for the Celtics? What's the difference this upcoming season:
1. Contract year?
2. New coach?

What difference does it make what his motives are? It's his last season, he's in the best shape possible and if that was the directive from Walsh and Marbury has at least made good on the conditioning portion and appears willing to fulfill the sacrificing portion, isn't that what you'd expect?

Of course not.

onlyonesharky wrote:*He didn't even volunteer to play backup for the Knicks. If he wanted to prove a point, he should have stated that at least.

Would that really have made a difference to you or are you paying lip service? I mean you just got finished ridiculing him for his motives but now you're saying you were looking for him to lie to you? For real?

First of all, you don't know me to state whether something would make a difference or not. And yes, it would make a difference. How many more years do you need for Marbury to continue to spread his sourpuss big domeheaded nonsense holier than thou and pushing everything over to the "I have found an inner peace..." crap. Give me a break. The guy is a big time pot head who tries to intimidate his own teammates and his only loyalty is to himself. The only thing that I do give credence to is his TRUE DESIRE TO STAY IN NEW YORK AS A NEW YORKER. But he has never accepted any...ANY blame whatsoever for the losing. He should speak as a Captain and state, "this year will be different than any other. I am not only going to lead this team by example but by my words of leadership. I will be an extension of the coach, an extension of true New Yorkers who want to get back to winning. A true champion in every sense of the word. There were some things that were not my fault but there were also things that were my fault for our losing. This year I will not be either the scapegoat nor the actual reason because I will be the reason the team stays together and not one of the reasons this team splits up into cliques...etc. etc..."
onlyonesharky
Starter

Post#74 » by onlyonesharky » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:41 pm

IsiahThomasJr wrote:If anyone is really buying into Stephon Marbury again then I feel sorry for you.

Some people are just blind. These are the same people who get into relationships then find out that their partner is cheating on them, forgive them and believe they won't do it again, and then get cheated on again, then forgive them again and believe they won't do it again and then get cheated on again, forgive them and believe they won't do it again, and then get cheated on again, then forgive them again and believe they won't do it again and then get cheated on again, forgive them and believe they won't do it again, and then get cheated on again, then forgive them again and believe they won't do it again and then get cheated on again, forgive them and believe they won't do it again, and then get cheated on again, then forgive them again and believe they won't do it again and then get cheated on again, forgive them and believe they won't do it again, and then get cheated on again, then forgive them again and believe they won't do it again and then get cheated on again, forgive them and believe they won't do it again, and then get cheated on again, then forgive them again and believe they won't do it again and then get cheated on again, etc...
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,176

Post#75 » by BBALLER4FR » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:55 pm

onlyonesharky wrote:First of all, you don't know me to state whether something would make a difference or not.

OK. You had 2 contradictory statements in the same post.

onlyonesharky wrote:The point is that he was not willing to play the backup role for the Knicks without a fiasco/issue/problem/crybabyism/immaturity/bull#$#%#/DomeDumbness/ but he is willing to play backup for the Celtics? What's the difference this upcoming season:
1. Contract year?
2. New coach?

First you go on a tirade of the issues Marbury would surely cause as a backup (indicating you don't believe he'd be anything but a "fiasco/issue/problem/crybabyism/immaturity/bull#$#%#/DomeDumbness") then....

onlyonesharky wrote:*He didn't even volunteer to play backup for the Knicks. If he wanted to prove a point, he should have stated that at least.

...you seem offended that he didn't even offer to provide his "fiasco/issue/problem/crybabyism/immaturity/bull#$#%#/DomeDumbness" backup services. That's a serious opinion to form because a player didn't volunteer to play backup. Besides, what difference does it make? Crawford said he feels he should be starting. Q has been quoted last season "I don't know why everyone is penciling me in to come off the bench. I intend to start." It's silly not to expect the same of everyone.

I don't claim to know you but if you're expecting some indication he wants to try and make it work you may want to, at minimum, free yourself of the preconceived opinions, eh.

Like this...

onlyonesharky wrote:How many more years do you need for Marbury to continue to spread his sourpuss big domeheaded nonsense holier than thou and pushing everything over to the "I have found an inner peace..." crap. Give me a break.

And this...

onlyonesharky wrote:The guy is a big time pot head who tries to intimidate his own teammates and his only loyalty is to himself.

Yup. You sure seem as if "I will come off the bench" would make all the difference in the world. Glad you gave him a chance.

onlyonesharky wrote:But he has never accepted any...ANY blame whatsoever for the losing. He should speak as a Captain and state, "this year will be different than any other.

Who has? Not a single player has taken responsibility yet we still focus on Marbury.

Has Curry taken responsibility for coming out of shape and being the epitome of someone who only cares about himself and doesn't care to help his teammates (see his rebounding, defense and "help" defense)?

Has Q taken responsibility for coming out of shape OR "Marburying" Isiah on National TV. Yeah, I noticed how quickly everyone cleansed themselves of when "leader" of the team was fat and insubordinate - but he's OK right. Marbury's fault.

Zach and Nate scuffle? Can I get a link to them taking responsibility for something? Anything?

Crawford has, as usual, addressed his faults but they're starting to sound like total BS and 8 years in with no playoff appearances makes me think he's not really taking responsibilty.

Yeah, I don't care whether Marbury takes responsibility publicly for anything since it's not expected from anyone else, further proving people make WAY TOO MUCH of Marbury.

onlyonesharky wrote:I am not only going to lead this team by example but by my words of leadership. I will be an extension of the coach, an extension of true New Yorkers who want to get back to winning. A true champion in every sense of the word.

That sh*t is corny and NO ONE would believe him after his wacky interviews. We need to stop creating these fantasy statements or ideal interviews for Marbury. Either you like him and you will give him a chance or you hate him and nothing he says matters. There is VERY rarely an in between.

onlyonesharky wrote:There were some things that were not my fault but there were also things that were my fault for our losing.

I want everyone to publicly say that. However, since they won't I will not sit at the edge of my seat waiting for those words from Marbury.

onlyonesharky wrote:This year I will not be either the scapegoat

In the past it was not up to him and I suspect this season would be no different when Hahn, Isola, etc lurking around every corner.

onlyonesharky wrote:because I will be the reason the team stays together and not one of the reasons this team splits up into cliques...etc. etc..."

Isiah did that. It's called the Jamal Crawford game (similar to the Kevin Bacon game but less consistent). Curry, Nate and Q-Rich (3 guys who have publicly received the most leeway) can all be traced back to Jamal and I suspect they stick together more than any other group on the roster.
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304

Return to New York Knicks