ImageImageImageImageImage

the 3 guard lineup

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

supergallinari
Banned User
And1: 0

the 3 guard lineup 

Post#1 » by supergallinari » Sat Oct 4, 2008 2:34 am

Stephon Marbury, his role still vague, played with the starting unit for the first time this week. In a three-guard set during the afternoon scrimmage, he joined Jamal Crawford and Chris Duhon, who could supplant Marbury as the starting point guard.. “We’ll go back to that and experiment with it a little bit,” Mike D’Antoni said. “I don’t know if it will work or not.” He added, “We’re just trying to look for different combinations of those 8, 9 or 10 guys that will be playing.” ... Danilo Gallinari gently jogged around the court Friday morning, providing the first visible sign that he is on the mend from a nagging back injury. “It’s encouraging,” D’Antoni said. “It wasn’t real fast. He’s got a ways to go yet.” Gallinari said he felt “good — not perfect, but good.

-beck nytimes
NikeAir
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: the 3 guard lineup 

Post#2 » by NikeAir » Sat Oct 4, 2008 4:41 am

I'd go
Du Du
Marbs
Craw
Lee
Z-bo
but only for some minutes and if the other team is going small.
drj
Analyst
And1: 71

Post#3 » by drj » Sat Oct 4, 2008 5:31 am

I guess that with the injury to Jeffries and with Curry being a fat slob, this may be the best way to make use of our talent.
But I want to see Chandler getting heavy mins...
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,561

Post#4 » by ctorres » Sat Oct 4, 2008 6:37 am

PG: Chris Duhon
SG: Stephon Marbury
SF: Jamal Crawford
PF: Zach Randolph
C: David Lee

Nate Robinson would back up Duhon.
Quentin Richardson would back up the 2 and 3 spots.
Wilson Chandler would back up Randolph and Lee.
Allan Houston would get any minutes left at the 1, 2, and 3 spots.

Sure, we won't be able to block shots, but Lee and Randolph might form the best rebounding duo this season.

9-man rotation, we can do this!

One of the best lineups we ever ran was when we had Penny, Jamal, and Steph on the floor together back in the 04-05 season when Penny could still contribute. Having Duhon out there setting up both Steph and Crawford would give us a good offense.
ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 2,726

Post#5 » by ezmoney707 » Sat Oct 4, 2008 6:50 am

The funny thing about this that when i played with new york on nba2k8 those three in the lineup help me win more and the offense was more fuliant. Yes i know it was a video game, but i see that lineup working, because u have two playemakers on the floor and one of those player makers can also get their shot (Marbury). Then having Crawford in that group would allow him to just score. The matchup problems might be a little bit of a concern, mainly with Crawfiord guarding SF, but not too much D would be played with that lineup. We would just be looking to outscore the other team.s

Return to New York Knicks