ImageImageImageImageImage

Why Not Play Gallinari?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HKSVIP
Bench Warmer
And1: 107

Why Not Play Gallinari? 

Post#1 » by HKSVIP » Sat Oct 4, 2008 9:07 am

We're rebuilding, he's part of our future, why not give him 20 plus minutes per game?
IsiahThomasJr
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Why Not Play Gallinari? 

Post#2 » by IsiahThomasJr » Sat Oct 4, 2008 9:08 am

Well yeah, exactly. But right now he's injured.
"It's so crazy it just might work." - Isiah Thomas
Citris
Pro Prospect
And1: 9

Post#3 » by Citris » Sat Oct 4, 2008 9:09 am

yo, Hksvip got any Italian in ya?

oh cool cool;

want some?

oh!!!
HKSVIP
Bench Warmer
And1: 107

Post#4 » by HKSVIP » Sat Oct 4, 2008 9:10 am

He'll be back for the start of the regular season so why not then. I mean if he doesn't play, we really didn't need a draft pick.
supergallinari
Banned User

Post#5 » by supergallinari » Sat Oct 4, 2008 9:17 am

d'antoni plans on making the playoffs. if gallinari can help that cause he will play. if he's not good enough to help the team make the playoffs then he won't.

with jeffries injured he should see some minutes.
IsiahThomasJr
Banned User

Post#6 » by IsiahThomasJr » Sat Oct 4, 2008 9:23 am

supergallinari wrote:d'antoni plans on making the playoffs. if gallinari can help that cause he will play. if he's not good enough to help the team make the playoffs then he won't.

with jeffries injured he should see some minutes.

I think that's a joke. Knicks blow and aren't making the playoffs. Time to stop blaming the coach every year and blame the players. If he really benches Gallo for guys like Q and Jeffries, then I don't know what to say. It definitely will not be watchable, that's for sure.
"It's so crazy it just might work." - Isiah Thomas
DoubtingThomas
Junior

Post#7 » by DoubtingThomas » Sat Oct 4, 2008 1:14 pm

He hasn't run in 2 months because of his back. There is alot of speculation about his recovery and the long term impact the injury will have on him. He also is making the jump from the Italian league to the NBA. Marc Berman suggested he play in the NBADL. That says alot because Berman is the biggest homer in the metro area media. I wouldn't expect him to play in over 40 games and I would be surprised if his minutes topped 15.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,443

Post#8 » by cgmw » Sat Oct 4, 2008 1:30 pm

Why not play him? Because fans would boo him off the court and stunt his development. Best to bring the boy along slowly, let him build confidence, discover his role at his own pace. That way he's prepared when D'Antoni inevitably calls on him in an important situation.

That said, it looks like D'Antoni's system needs a few spot-up shooters. Maybe it won't be the toughest transition. We shall see.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#9 » by chitownsports4ever » Sat Oct 4, 2008 1:34 pm

Gallinari is gonna be just fine and will get his minutes .Hes not going to the nbdl roflmao.Hes the best shooter and ballhandler and maybe even passer among the knicks bigs right now and hes not even playing. The knicks have the luxury of not having to rush him back . I expect him to be in the rotation and seeing 15-20 mpg by mid November . The frontline players are what drive a uptempo system so I expect to see by December Lee,Randolph,Curry,Gallinari,jefferies all rotating in and out and I even expect to see james against the bigger frontlines.The pacer will force them to do this .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
HotPot
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by HotPot » Sat Oct 4, 2008 1:41 pm

how you people can predict on his minutes?

first, no one of you knows his real injury situation
second, minutes for a rookie depend on an evolving situation, you can't predict them without any game neither any team minute at the training camp
third, Gallo get injured during summer last year and he was able to play a big amount of games (Italian League and Euroleague) with minutes at very high level (he is best euro young player).

I read between the lines of Marc Berman and a couple of writers here an "easy" speculation saying: "Kincks made again the wrong draft" or "I told you" or "Again a bust".
Maybe Marc Berman needs to speculate because this is his job.

Why people just relax a bit and give time and a chance to this kid. He has already proven a lot for a guy of his age: He is a shooter. He is a good ball handler. He is tall. He has court vision. He is mature. He learns, always. He is a fighter.

what you deserve more?

Return to New York Knicks