ImageImageImageImageImage

So we play the Raptors on Wednesday...

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

So we play the Raptors on Wednesday... 

Post#1 » by ctorres » Sat Oct 4, 2008 6:29 pm

We should be able to take them. I think these are their main 8 guys.

PG: Jose Calderon
SG: Anthony Parker
SF: Jamario Moon
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Jermaine O'Neal
------------------------------
SG/SF: Jason Kapono
PF/C: Andrea Bargnani
PG: Willie Solomon

The rest of their team doesn't seem like anything to cry home about.

There is no real center on the Raptors squad. Therefore, we should do fine if all we have available is Lee and Randolph. Bargnani may be 7 feet, but he's a softy, so there's no reason why Chandler shouldn't be able to guard him.

I don't know much about Moon's game, but as far as I know, he's not much of an offensive threat, so if guys like Marbury and Crawford have to play some SF, we should get away with it.

Outside of Calderon, the Raptors' PG situation is pretty abysmal. Calderon seems like the only guy on the team with any good handle on the ball. I mean, who the hell is Willie Solomon?

Against the Raptors, I think we should go on full attack mode with Duhon, Marbury, and Crawford starting alongside Randolph and Lee. Off the bench, bring out Robinson, Houston, Richardson, and Chandler.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,139

Re: So we play the Raptors on Wednesday... 

Post#2 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Oct 4, 2008 7:08 pm

i think we're going to lose. d'antoni needs to try out different things and different players, and it might get ugly. the raptors on the other hand aren't trying a new system
Citris
Pro Prospect
And1: 9

Post#3 » by Citris » Sat Oct 4, 2008 7:17 pm

^ That is true. But we know we have some big timers who make the game fun and competitive. Duhon guarding Calderon should be interesting. Go Knicks.
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#4 » by knicks742 » Sat Oct 4, 2008 7:40 pm

We won like 20something games last year. We shouldn't be making statements like "we should be able to take them" or whatever. We have a brand new coach with a completely new system, possibly a new starting PG and new starting SF. This year we maybe win between 30-35 wins.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#5 » by ctorres » Sat Oct 4, 2008 7:42 pm

I rather come into the season thinking we have a chance to win than coming into the season thinking it's already over.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#6 » by NoLayupRule » Sat Oct 4, 2008 7:53 pm

What? Its not pre-season already is it?
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#7 » by Paeds » Sat Oct 4, 2008 7:55 pm

I'n going to the game so I will give you my synopsis:)
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#8 » by livintoolive » Sat Oct 4, 2008 7:58 pm

Doesn't everyone remember how this goes? We're gonna destroy in preseason, which will make everyone here think were' going to win 60 games, then we end December with <10 wins.
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
NikeAir
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#9 » by NikeAir » Sat Oct 4, 2008 8:52 pm

JO>Lee
CB4>Randolph
Moon=Chandler
Parker<Crawford
Calderon>Duhon
We are going to lose because of the front court and a lot of you are undersetimating the Raptors they are one good perimeter player away from a championship contender. Our bench is probably better than theirs but the bench is in my opinon over rated and it casues problems when there aren't enough mintes to go around. (kinda what happened to the Raptors last year)
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#10 » by krustytheclown » Sat Oct 4, 2008 10:10 pm

god damn its preseason already?
NIXBABY
Ballboy

Post#11 » by NIXBABY » Sat Oct 4, 2008 11:15 pm

NikeAir wrote:JO>Lee
CB4>Randolph
Moon=Chandler
Parker<Crawford
Calderon>Duhon
We are going to lose because of the front court and a lot of you are undersetimating the Raptors they are one good perimeter player away from a championship contender. Our bench is probably better than theirs but the bench is in my opinon over rated and it casues problems when there aren't enough mintes to go around. (kinda what happened to the Raptors last year)

You should know that is not how it works. I think our players are close enough to theirs in the SL, but off the bench we have far more depth and firepower. That could even things out a lot. Also they won't be able to focus on anyone on our team. In the past we tried to force post ups, which made us easy to defend. Now we'll be hard to defend, since there's no standing around anymore and no singular focus to our attack.
supergallinari
Banned User

Post#12 » by supergallinari » Sat Oct 4, 2008 11:22 pm

we'll probably lose but who cares until oct 29th.

i just want to see the team play.
NikeAir
Banned User

Post#13 » by NikeAir » Sat Oct 4, 2008 11:53 pm

NIXBABY wrote:
NikeAir wrote:JO>Lee
CB4>Randolph
Moon=Chandler
Parker<Crawford
Calderon>Duhon

You should know that is not how it works. I think our players are close enough to theirs in the SL, but off the bench we have far more depth and firepower. That could even things out a lot. Also they won't be able to focus on anyone on our team. In the past we tried to force post ups, which made us easy to defend. Now we'll be hard to defend, since there's no standing around anymore and no singular focus to our attack.

The Raptors are going to keep a nine man rotation and they are going to have one of either O'Neal or Bosh on the floor with Bargnani who should be improved. And they have a decent rotaion of wing in Moon Kapono and Adam. And Calderon is better than all of our guards.
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#14 » by randomhero423 » Sat Oct 4, 2008 11:58 pm

we will lose.
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com

Return to New York Knicks