ImageImageImageImageImage

Sarah Palin hits another new low page 7

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Re: Sarah Palin hits another new low page 7 

Post#141 » by VinnyTheMick » Tue Oct 7, 2008 12:42 pm

cgf wrote:
evil_e wrote:Good thing McCain's party controls congress and will let him fulfill his agenda and pass any legislation he wants almost unchecked.

That isn't Obama's fault, it is the sole fault of the republican party for being widely unpopular.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
eviL
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#142 » by eviL » Tue Oct 7, 2008 5:10 pm

^ You mixed up your quotes, I wouldn't write such silliness.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,884

Post#143 » by cgf » Tue Oct 7, 2008 10:17 pm

VinnyTheMick wrote:
cgf wrote:Good thing McCain's party controls congress and will let him fulfill his agenda and pass any legislation he wants almost unchecked.

That isn't Obama's fault, it is the sole fault of the republican party for being widely unpopular.

It's not Obama's fault, but it is reality. Congress is going to be democratic so a democratic president is going to have a much easier time ruining this coun...I mean passing his legislation than McCain.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,241

Post#144 » by Luv those Knicks » Wed Oct 8, 2008 12:10 am

cgf wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:
cgf wrote:Pretty much, Biden's just been refined working in Washington, Palin's just as stupid but has no political experience and doesn't understadn syntax.

Paul/Ventura 2012!!!!!!!!

Fixed it for you.

Biden's an idiot, now look I know Palin can't speak englsih very well, but with her I'm confident that between her incompetence and a Democratic Congress she wouldn't be able to accomplish much which would protect the country from crumbling further. Biden is an idiot but knows how washington works so he'll actually be able to get the executive branch's legislation passed and that's much scarier than a helpless sarah palin being stopped at every corner by congress.

Do you actually trust either ticket to help this actually help this country? If so I'd love for someone to sell me on it. I just don't see how either candidate would be able to help this country and shrink the government's massive waste and strain on our population.

You've obviously already made up your mind, so nothing I can possibly say will change your opinion.

But I'll explain my possition if you like.

It's a little bit more complicated than simply saying "washington insider - bad, because washington does everything wrong, outside good" and that seems to be basically what you are saying in your post.

Second, the term "Help this country" is a misleading and difficult sentence. Allow me to explain what I mean in 2 ways.

First, what Biden brings to the table is understanding of certain principals. He said that an Iraqi democrating nation was a bad strategy and that the Iraq war would last many years. He was right. The McCain lovers sing McCain's praises for the "Surge", but Biden was right in a bigger and more significant way - MUCH EARLIER ON. He's got an understanding and an inteligence about other nations and that's useful. Palin absolutly doesn't and I'm not a big fan of McCain's international understanding either - he got Sunni's and **** mixed up and he did his wierd statement about the president of spain. Biden knows things (LOTS OF THINGS) that Sarah doesn't. I think that's a good thing.

Second, Biden understands the American politcal system and he's pro constitution - he called Dick Chaney out on his misinterpretation of the VPs duties. Sarah Palin didn't even understand the question.

These are useful skills for a vice president to bring to the table - a good understanding of international issues leading to a better understanding of what will work and what won't, and a good understanding of the law and political system and a healthy respect for checks and balances.

That's my first point. Often, the more important job of a president, or a president/vice president team, is to avoid mistakes. That's as important, if not more important than as you say "helping this country". Like the old medical saying "First do no harm".

Here's my 2nd point.

We are in a very difficult positon. America is in 2 wars, we are in the middle of a financial crisis, and on top of that, I think the National Debt has surpassed 3 1/2 trillion. We may not be in an oil crisis exactly, but our oil and energy problem is real and trecherous in it's own way, and problems down the road like an increasing social security burden, job loss as a result of this financial crisis, increasing medical expenses, especially given the aging of the baby boomers, and the often overlooked, global warming issue which could raise it's ugly head again.

I don't want to be joe pessimism here, but it may not be possible to "help America" - America needs a miracle, or, more realistically, we need to face these genuine issues with a sense of realism that these won't be easy to solve, and solutions will take time.

I think it's faulty logic to expect a presidential nominee to "fix" all the problems that have been created, or ignored for so long. The fix will take time, and unfortunately, sometimes only one problem can be addressed at a time. There are no easy fixes.

I don't know exactly who you support as president or who you wanted to win, but my support of Obama/Biden is based on the fact that they seem the more inteligent, more reasonable, more fair and more experienced pair in the running. That doesn't mean that I think Obama/Biden can fix everything. I don't think that. They are entering a white house with more issues than any presidential candidate in History. That's a little scary. I just happen to think that Obama/Biden are the better choice.
Go NY Go NY Go
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#145 » by Luv those Knicks » Wed Oct 8, 2008 12:15 am

RutgersBJJ wrote:yes I am saying Biden is just as dumb as Palin. It takes a special kind of stupid to graduate in the bottom fourth of your class, and then graduate in the bottom nine percent of your law school class. Also the fact that he has been caught plagiarizing multiple times should show his lack of creativity and ability. Seriously, it takes a special kind of stupid to think you won't get caught plagiarizing in law school.

America as a whole deserves better. As terrible as it is to say, there is a chance Obama or McCain could die in office. America deserved Clinton or Richardson as Dem VP nominee, and anyone but Palin at GOP VP.

From Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden

During his first year there, he was accused of having plagiarized 5 of 15 pages of a law review article. Biden said it was inadvertent due to his not knowing the proper rules of citation, and he was permitted to retake the course

making a mistake on the rules of citation is not the same as what yous aid "any kind of stupid thinks they can get away with it".

Biden understands the law. Palin ignores it. that's a pretty huge difference right there.
Go NY Go NY Go
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#146 » by Luv those Knicks » Wed Oct 8, 2008 12:24 am

RutgersBJJ wrote:
Biden is an idiot, and you both are fools considering there is no way you read my previous post. You do not magically become smart. Spending time in the Senate doesn't make him intelligent, just more experienced. If past presidencies have shown anything it would show that experience is never good (Bush senior was probably the most qualified man to ever run for the office, and he was terrible). As someone else mentioned, Obama picked Biden because he needed a good ole boy on the ticket to entice corrupt members of Congress to work with him. I can't fault Obama for this, but I just figured he was above all of that. It just makes it ever so obvious that no one who rises up from either of these political parties will bring around real change, because you cannot bring about change when you are part of the problem.

I would suggest all of you who are extremely disappointed in the candidates we have, to vote Libertarian, but Bob Barr is a neo-con and has disrespected Ron Paul, so please just vote Nader.

Your evidence is weak.

Biden was poor growing up. McCain was the son of an admiral.

Biden has a bad studer as a child. He spent hours of his study time working on his studer. He also held jobs from a young age. All 3 of those factors, poverty, studer and working can play a role in hurting academics.

Biden still graduated college with a double major and he attended law school and with difficulty, made it through that an passed the bar.

That's not stupid, that's gritty. It shows perserverance and hard work.

Why is it that republicans like a "Maverick hockey mom", but not a hard working poor boy from Scranton Pennsylvania who fought his way to a law degree and followed that with 30 successful years in the senate?

You are dead wrong to assign Biden the defnition "stupid" based on class placement. He's not book smart, but if you watched the debates, you know that Biden understands things and knows things that Palin will NEVER understand or know, not with 40 years of training. Biden's smart, even if his grades are soso. Biden wasn't given a free ride like a certain son of an Admiral who's running against Obama.
Go NY Go NY Go
cgf
RealGM

Post#147 » by cgf » Wed Oct 8, 2008 5:36 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:You've obviously already made up your mind, so nothing I can possibly say will change your opinion.

But I'll explain my possition if you like.

It's a little bit more complicated than simply saying "washington insider - bad, because washington does everything wrong, outside good" and that seems to be basically what you are saying in your post.

I'm not trying to imply that sarah palin is any good because she's a washington outsider, I'm just saying that an incompetent and destructive washington insider is more dangerous than an incompetent and destructive washington outside.

Second, the term "Help this country" is a misleading and difficult sentence. Allow me to explain what I mean in 2 ways.

First, what Biden brings to the table is understanding of certain principals. He said that an Iraqi democrating nation was a bad strategy and that the Iraq war would last many years. He was right. The McCain lovers sing McCain's praises for the "Surge", but Biden was right in a bigger and more significant way - MUCH EARLIER ON. He's got an understanding and an inteligence about other nations and that's useful. Palin absolutly doesn't and I'm not a big fan of McCain's international understanding either - he got Sunni's and **** mixed up and he did his wierd statement about the president of spain. Biden knows things (LOTS OF THINGS) that Sarah doesn't. I think that's a good thing.

I'm not going to give someone credit for not being dumb enough to buy the Bush administrations pitch of the iraq war, i'll hold against the fools who bought it, but not for those he weren't that stupid. Sure McCain's initial mistake was bigger than biden's on teh "surge" but that doesn't mean I give either one much credit. McCain was an idiot for trusting his president and biden made a mistake in the tactical execution in iraq. Neither's really selling me on him you know?

BTW I consider McCain's foreign policy indefensible and his only saving grace is that hopefully the democrats in congress have the spin to stop him.

Second, Biden understands the American politcal system and he's pro constitution - he called Dick Chaney out on his misinterpretation of the VPs duties. Sarah Palin didn't even understand the question.

He's not pro-constitution, he's more pro-constitution than the Neo-cons, that's like saying the modern libertarian party holds libertarian beliefs, sure they're closer to being libertarians than the gop or Dems but they're really just older republicans. Again both fail but Palin's just a joke and only on the ticket for entertainment and housewife purposes. as long as she has no power due to congress checking her stupid ideas I'd love to have her in office just for the soundbytes and quotes.

These are useful skills for a vice president to bring to the table - a good understanding of international issues leading to a better understanding of what will work and what won't, and a good understanding of the law and political system and a healthy respect for checks and balances.

Undoubtedly he understand how politics work better than palin, doesn't mean I don't think he's completely wrong on most things.

That's my first point. Often, the more important job of a president, or a president/vice president team, is to avoid mistakes. That's as important, if not more important than as you say "helping this country". Like the old medical saying "First do no harm".

I wish more politicians followed this mentality, I honestly hope that at best the government won't screw us too badly, which is why I want a republican in the white house and democratic congress by a good 7-8 percent.

Here's my 2nd point.

We are in a very difficult positon. America is in 2 wars, we are in the middle of a financial crisis, and on top of that, I think the National Debt has surpassed 3 1/2 trillion. We may not be in an oil crisis exactly, but our oil and energy problem is real and trecherous in it's own way, and problems down the road like an increasing social security burden, job loss as a result of this financial crisis, increasing medical expenses, especially given the aging of the baby boomers, and the often overlooked, global warming issue which could raise it's ugly head again.

I don't want to be joe pessimism here, but it may not be possible to "help America" - America needs a miracle, or, more realistically, we need to face these genuine issues with a sense of realism that these won't be easy to solve, and solutions will take time.

If we want to be realistic how about acknowledging the government has the midas touch except they turn everything to **** instead gold. Government simply fails and is wasteful too regularly for it to be more than coincidence and so in my mind it's blatant that central government trying to fix anything is the problem and not the solution. I honestly don't see a way the government can fix a thing any way other than being cut down immensely in funding and power to coerce so that that american people can actually find practical solutions that didn't drain our ability to produce.

I think it's faulty logic to expect a presidential nominee to "fix" all the problems that have been created, or ignored for so long. The fix will take time, and unfortunately, sometimes only one problem can be addressed at a time. There are no easy fixes.

I'd go further and say there are no fixes. No person who believes that the government can do good will ever actually do any good, only people running for office I think could actually fix things are those crazy fringe guys who just want to cut waste above all else.

I don't know exactly who you support as president or who you wanted to win, but my support of Obama/Biden is based on the fact that they seem the more inteligent, more reasonable, more fair and more experienced pair in the running. That doesn't mean that I think Obama/Biden can fix everything. I don't think that. They are entering a white house with more issues than any presidential candidate in History. That's a little scary. I just happen to think that Obama/Biden are the better choice.

I don't exactly endorse any candidate although I'm hoping for a McCain presidency because I trust a democratic congress to prevent a republican president from doing harm infinitely more than I trust a democratic congress to help a democratic candidate do good. Neither candidate really is very different, they're goals are similar it's jsut their plans for execution vary, and so I want the guy who's less likely to accomplish what he wants to do.

Maybe I'm just being a bitter cynic, but I just have no faith in any group of people that believe that they can do good with the power to force others to do things they don't want to do. I really am wishing that this country wakes up and realizes that if individuals don't take complete responsibility for themselves and their lives that things will only continue to spiral lower and maybe Mike Judge wasn't that off base with Idiocracy.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
cgf
RealGM

Post#148 » by cgf » Wed Oct 8, 2008 6:37 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:
RutgersBJJ wrote:
Biden is an idiot, and you both are fools considering there is no way you read my previous post. You do not magically become smart. Spending time in the Senate doesn't make him intelligent, just more experienced. If past presidencies have shown anything it would show that experience is never good (Bush senior was probably the most qualified man to ever run for the office, and he was terrible). As someone else mentioned, Obama picked Biden because he needed a good ole boy on the ticket to entice corrupt members of Congress to work with him. I can't fault Obama for this, but I just figured he was above all of that. It just makes it ever so obvious that no one who rises up from either of these political parties will bring around real change, because you cannot bring about change when you are part of the problem.

I would suggest all of you who are extremely disappointed in the candidates we have, to vote Libertarian, but Bob Barr is a neo-con and has disrespected Ron Paul, so please just vote Nader.

Your evidence is weak.

Biden was poor growing up. McCain was the son of an admiral.

Biden has a bad studer as a child. He spent hours of his study time working on his studer. He also held jobs from a young age. All 3 of those factors, poverty, studer and working can play a role in hurting academics.

Biden still graduated college with a double major and he attended law school and with difficulty, made it through that an passed the bar.

That's not stupid, that's gritty. It shows perserverance and hard work.

Why is it that republicans like a "Maverick hockey mom", but not a hard working poor boy from Scranton Pennsylvania who fought his way to a law degree and followed that with 30 successful years in the senate?

You are dead wrong to assign Biden the defnition "stupid" based on class placement. He's not book smart, but if you watched the debates, you know that Biden understands things and knows things that Palin will NEVER understand or know, not with 40 years of training. Biden's smart, even if his grades are soso. Biden wasn't given a free ride like a certain son of an Admiral who's running against Obama.

I don't think Biden's dumb because of his class rank, I think he's an idiot because every time I hear him speak I leave with the impression that he's convinced he knows what's going but really only has a poor limit understanding of what he's actually talking about.

He certainly isn't a guy who you hear speak and know that he's an intelligent and actively thinking and understanding individual who's expecting his audience to be able to think and come to a decision based on evidence instead of having it crammed down their throats.

Sure kudos for determination and hard work in getting that degree, but the truth is he's still an idiot and that's why I don't believe he should be involved in passing legislation that'll actively accomplish anything significantly beneficial.

Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#149 » by Luv those Knicks » Wed Oct 8, 2008 6:46 am

I thought Biden showed a lot of inteligence during the VP debate. It actually looked to me like Biden was dumbing down his answers so that more people could follow what he was saying.

Obama is a guy who generalizes a lot. Biden is a guy who wants to say exactly what he thinks, but he knows that sometimes that gets him in trouble.

I like Biden a lot. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
Go NY Go NY Go
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#150 » by Cliff Levingston » Wed Oct 8, 2008 9:13 pm

cgf wrote:Maybe I'm just being a bitter cynic, but I just have no faith in any group of people that believe that they can do good with the power to force others to do things they don't want to do. I really am wishing that this country wakes up and realizes that if individuals don't take complete responsibility for themselves and their lives that things will only continue to spiral lower and maybe Mike Judge wasn't that off base with Idiocracy.

No, you're not being a cynic. This country is sh*t right now cause a lot of the people in it are sh*t. Too many people spend money they don't have, and that goes for the lending establishments as well. It makes Cliff Levingston laugh when both the candidates try to tell you it's not your fault for this economic crisis, it was the irresponsible banks fault... those meanies! Well actually, you didn't have to agree to that mortgage you knew you couldn't afford just like they should've have offered it to you.

There's also got a lot of people out there who don't think they should have to work for anything as well which is why Obama is so appealing to a lot of people. "You promise to fix everything for me so i don't have to get up off the couch? You've got my vote!" Yea it's a big generalization but it's true.

So yea, Cliff Levingston is with you when you say both candidates are sh*t and neither will truly accomplish anything positive.

Return to New York Knicks