ImageImageImageImageImage

WTF Now We Know {Gallanari's Back}

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Re: WTF Now We Know {Gallanari's Back} 

Post#41 » by GuyverADL » Mon Oct 6, 2008 1:08 am

Thugnificence wrote:
optimusADL wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:Gallo supposedly had a sore back from working out before the SL and who knows maybe he further aggravated it trying to prove hes no soft euro to all the euro haters who will now use it as a excuse to hate him more.

its supposedly went down which is why hes started running again so now all he needs to do is use the next 3 weeks to strengthen his back and get his running legs back.He will be fine and I think he will be available to play in the opener although they will probably take their time working him into the rotation.No matter what hes still the knicks best shooting big and he is gonna be needed .

Back injuries are fickle and anything can aggravate it like contorting the wrong way on a lay up.

This is not something that is going to go away.

a mixture of heathcliff huxtable and nostradamus. might as well cut gallo now!

:roll:
Did I say cut him? no.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#42 » by chitownsports4ever » Mon Oct 6, 2008 1:12 am

optimusADL wrote:
Greg Oden? Portland has Alridge and Roy if Oden doesnt pan out. Who do we have. We need Galllo to be good.

A bulging disc for a normal indivdual is not that bad. Its bad for a professional athlete that needs to play 82 games a year.

We need heathy bodies. How is he supposed to put on weight to play PF with a fragile back.

My point is last year this time Oden had a bulging disc and didnt have surgery. Have you heard anyone ANYONE debating whether Oden is gonna be able to play because of his back ?

Okur had a bulging disc 2 years ago have you heard anyone mentioning him and his bulging disc ?

Who said he had a fragile back ? Hes 19 years old with little weightlifting background .The bulge has receded and he is still growing .They will put him on a core excercise program and strengthen his back .There is nothing that says this will be a a reoccurring problem.Its not a herniated disc and its not something thats been reoccurring off and on.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,226

Post#43 » by Luv those Knicks » Mon Oct 6, 2008 1:19 am

It's not a big deal to me if Gallo doesn't play this season. It's his long term health that matters. I just hope it's not something that will affect his career.
Go NY Go NY Go
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#44 » by GuyverADL » Mon Oct 6, 2008 1:25 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
optimusADL wrote:
Greg Oden? Portland has Alridge and Roy if Oden doesnt pan out. Who do we have. We need Galllo to be good.

A bulging disc for a normal indivdual is not that bad. Its bad for a professional athlete that needs to play 82 games a year.

We need heathy bodies. How is he supposed to put on weight to play PF with a fragile back.

My point is last year this time Oden had a bulging disc and didnt have surgery. Have you heard anyone ANYONE debating whether Oden is gonna be able to play because of his back ?

Okur had a bulging disc 2 years ago have you heard anyone mentioning him and his bulging disc ?

Who said he had a fragile back ? Hes 19 years old with little weightlifting background .The bulge has receded and he is still growing .They will put him on a core excercise program and strengthen his back .There is nothing that says this will be a a reoccurring problem.Its not a herniated disc and its not something thats been reoccurring off and on.

Oden and Okafor are centers who can are VERY strong. Gallinari is nowhere near them in regards to strength.
Boss_
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 233

Post#45 » by Boss_ » Mon Oct 6, 2008 1:35 am

relax guys..ur acting like we drafted a #1 pick like the bulls whom lost jay williams forever..this is gallinari were talking about here >.<..

Maybe hell play through and be a decent bench player sometime down the season or next season because the kid is..just a youngin', but we're still going to suck anyway.
NikeAir
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#46 » by NikeAir » Mon Oct 6, 2008 1:41 am

Lol guys Gallo can become a good player it is pretty obivous that he hurt his back before the damn tractor hit him thats how these kinds of discs happen, and he is tough as nails. Plus I bet has more skill and potential that Randolph, Bayless, and Gordon combined because he can shoot the three like Gordon he can create his shot and drive to the hoop like Bayless and he has length and the height just like Randolph. We didn't screw up guys we pick a very good player that we can rebuild with.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#47 » by chitownsports4ever » Mon Oct 6, 2008 1:48 am

optimusADL wrote:
Oden and Okafor are centers who can are VERY strong. Gallinari is nowhere near them in regards to strength.

what ? its not about how much you can bench. how many pelvic tilts ,knee rolls and other core exercises do you think these guys did prior to their injuries ?The majority of bigmen dont do a ton of core work which is why they tend to end up with these type of injuries over smaller guards.

He should spend the next 3-4 weeks doing nothing but running ,stretching and core strengthening exercises and he should be fine .Bulging discs from what Ive heard are not normally caused by one collision but by being in some unfriendly position for a extended period of time a collision would likely cause a slipped disc .Like flying coach at 6'11 and trying to sleep in those seats.

This is not a OMG type injury but one that says he needs to get stronger which everyone already knew . Now he has more time to get stronger but also can do it while working out with the entire team and coaching staff.This will probably help him in the long run.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#48 » by randomhero423 » Mon Oct 6, 2008 1:53 am

more potential than anthony randolph? get real.

I doubt gallinari has a 7'3" wing span, nor is gallo quicker than randolph.

randolph shoulda been the pick. he's got the potential, offensive skill, and athletecisim that dntoni woulda used perfectly. he's going ot be very good with GSW....
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com
Rocky5000
Analyst

Post#49 » by Rocky5000 » Mon Oct 6, 2008 1:59 am

This same injury is what ruined Larry Bird's career. He had surgery to remove the disk but he still wasn't right. I feel bad for you guys. I did read recently (can't find the article) that an injury like Bird's could be fixed with today's medicine, so maybe it's not all bad. Kinda similar to how ACL injuries used to be the end of a career, but now guys like Amare come back as strong as ever.
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#50 » by randomhero423 » Mon Oct 6, 2008 2:03 am

just bird was like 30 something. and gallo is 19....
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com
Lottery Bound
Sixth Man

Post#51 » by Lottery Bound » Mon Oct 6, 2008 2:11 am

Wtf are they waiting for? He needs to get surgery to fix that problem because it's not going to go away by itself and it's going to be a recurring pain through out his career. He's better off getting that surgery now instead of just waiting and playing with the pain because that's just going to make it worse. If he needs to miss a lot of time, then fine as long as it gets fixed and he's 100% ready to play ball.
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#52 » by RutgersBJJ » Mon Oct 6, 2008 2:14 am

why not just fuse the bulging disk no so it isn't an issue the rest of his career? He would just sit out all of this year. He isn't going to play this year anyway, let's be honest.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
BklynKING
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#53 » by BklynKING » Mon Oct 6, 2008 2:54 am

^^^^Exactly...I don't even want this guy to step foot on the basketball court unless he's 101% healthy....those doctors better make the right decision
adjacent2bench
RealGM
And1: 7,495

Post#54 » by adjacent2bench » Mon Oct 6, 2008 3:56 am

I can't stand the Knicks team doctors.
HellsKitchen
Head Coach

Post#55 » by HellsKitchen » Mon Oct 6, 2008 6:09 am

randomhero423 wrote:more potential than anthony randolph? get real.

I doubt gallinari has a 7'3" wing span, nor is gallo quicker than randolph.

randolph shoulda been the pick. he's got the potential, offensive skill, and athletecisim that dntoni woulda used perfectly. he's going ot be very good with GSW....

Wow, it's way too early to say we made a mistake with the pick.
Gallo looks like he has an elite jump shot for a big man.
Doesn't that count as potential?
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,760

Post#56 » by cgf » Mon Oct 6, 2008 8:04 am

I am so happy we didn't draft Bayless. He's undersized for the two and would get abused on the defensive end. He's a very shoot first player and takes many bad shots. He's somewhere between Nate, Marbury and Craw.

Gordon's going to be a good shooting 2 guard, but again he'd be vulnerable on the defensive end and this team didn't need another 2 guard.

Now I could see a case for Randolph, but Gallo's got a better handle than Randolph and a sweeter shot, plus he's a better passer, so while he's not as athletic once he bulks up and really grows into the 4 he could be an exception player in this scheme who's less of the individual slasher and scorer that Randolph will be and more of the ball moving D'Antoni style up-tempo player.

I don't see the point of rushing Gallo, he's our rookie so lets focus on getting him to be the best he can be instead of bitching about having him.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#57 » by mjhp911 » Mon Oct 6, 2008 6:44 pm

UGH, this is just awful. Surgery is the LAST option, especially for someone so young. Once you have back surgery, you'll never be the same. Let him have all the time he needs to get right. I think we can throw this season away as a wasted year for Gallo. Just get him right. I'll continue to hope for the best...
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#58 » by TKF » Mon Oct 6, 2008 7:03 pm

Rocky5000 wrote:This same injury is what ruined Larry Bird's career. He had surgery to remove the disk but he still wasn't right. I feel bad for you guys. I did read recently (can't find the article) that an injury like Bird's could be fixed with today's medicine, so maybe it's not all bad. Kinda similar to how ACL injuries used to be the end of a career, but now guys like Amare come back as strong as ever.

Larry Bird is going down as one of the top 5-10 greatest players ever. How did it ruin his career? It hastened his retirement towards the end of his career, but by then, larry had won several titles and cemented his legacy as one of the games greatest.... What did larry's back in was a combination of years of hard basketball and diving along with what we call, aging... LOL..
Little Italia
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,134

Post#59 » by Little Italia » Mon Oct 6, 2008 9:18 pm

I agree with sitting him out as long as it takes for him to get healthy. We were not going to win games this season anyways so let the guy rest.

Damn but this sucks, was looking really foward to seeing him play this season. At least there is Chandler.

"New York Knicks will never win a championship with James Dolan at the helm. Off with his head!!"

WELCOME TO MEDIOCRE HELL
oak3334
Junior
And1: 13

Post#60 » by oak3334 » Mon Oct 6, 2008 11:07 pm

of course
Clyde Drexler, called Oakley a dirty player. Told of Drexler’s comment, Oak said, “He can blow me.”

Return to New York Knicks