ImageImageImageImageImage

Marbury now ready to accept bench role? (wiretap)

StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Re: Marbury now ready to accept bench role? (wiretap) 

Post#61 » by StutterStep » Tue Oct 7, 2008 9:45 pm

D’Antoni’s reaction was priceless.

“Yeah, it’s great,” he said. “Wow. For ya’ll, that’s big news. To me, that’s like, well, that’s how everybody should act. Isn’t that how you do it? Don’t you build a team? Does it matter who gets the credit and who doesn’t? This is the New York Knicks. I would think the New York Knicks is bigger than me and anybody else. And it is that way. I’m really proud he did that, but it shouldn’t be newsworthy. To do the right thing should never make the news.”

That quote, especially the bolded part means that NO WAY IN HELL can Duhon start over Steph, Nate or even Mardy... GAME...SET...MATCH!!

Be true to your own words MikeD....we're pulling for you!
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#62 » by StutterStep » Tue Oct 7, 2008 10:04 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
As far as the writers opinion on N8 vs Duhon, who really gives a sh*t what he has to say if he's not going to be unbiased. He mentions damn near every single guard except Marbury. Not once. In an article discussing how the workout went. As if he isn't on the team. We get it. He doesn't want Marbury here. But omitting him makes it look like Hahn has an agenda - which he does.

To be fair on Hahn's evaluation of Nate's performance, the coach, other writers and a poster who attended practice has stated the same glowing review. And, from what I saw on the live practice on TV, Nate was pure out there with the jumper, making good passes and playing defense.

And, it's not like Nate's a guy who has wilted when asked to play against competition. Nate's main problem is FOCUS; if he does that, then what I felt when we felt hired MikeD stays true: Nate can orchestrate the offense and put up some gaudy scoring and assists.
Lottery Bound
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#63 » by Lottery Bound » Tue Oct 7, 2008 10:19 pm

“Yeah, it’s great,” he said. “Wow. For ya’ll, that’s big news. To me, that’s like, well, that’s how everybody should act. Isn’t that how you do it? Don’t you build a team? Does it matter who gets the credit and who doesn’t? This is the New York Knicks. I would think the New York Knicks is bigger than me and anybody else. And it is that way. I’m really proud he did that, but it shouldn’t be newsworthy. To do the right thing should never make the news.”

Unfortunately, Marbury thinks and says the same bull$hit every year.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,915

Post#64 » by cgf » Tue Oct 7, 2008 10:36 pm

StutterStep wrote:

That quote, especially the bolded part means that NO WAY IN HELL can Duhon start over Steph, Nate or even Mardy... GAME...SET...MATCH!!

Be true to your own words MikeD....we're pulling for you!

Actually that quote leads me to believe that steph as well as Curry and maybe even Q will be starting the season on the bench.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#65 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue Oct 7, 2008 10:54 pm

god shammgod wrote:
who was that ? no team beside the knicks made him an offer. orlando had interest but never made an offer, that was confirmed. he took the only real offer he had. and in orlando he was going to be a backup. no team beside the knicks would make this guy a starter. if he's better then dickau who cares, they're both mediocre. him and your boy will form the worst percentage shooting backcourt in the entire nba this year.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/vi ... p?t=429942

After meeting with the Knicks today, Bulls free-agent point guard Chris Duhon is on to Orlando to meet with the Magic tomorrow. He was contacted by five teams on the first day of free agency: Cleveland, Sacramento, New York, Orlando and, in a bit of a surprise, Boston. The re-signing of Udrih should eliminate the Kings. Keep an eye on Duhon's dinner plans -- he could be meeting up with some current Magic players tomorrow.

Orlando never made a formal offer but the discussions with the magic is what formed the basis if the agreement with the knicks .He agreed on the 4th the free agent period started on the 1st.

No team wouldve made him a starter ? well how many teams besides the knicks needed a stop gap starting point guard ? Apparently Walsh and D'antoni cares as they are the ones who signed him when they had the chance to sign Dickau as well. Now of course when Duhon and Crawford arent the worst shooting backourt you will take a hiatus and hide until you get a another opportunity to hate and then if that doesnt work you will just chalk it up to D'antonis offense making them look better than they are . Its really almost impossible to debate such proven hater fall back methods as yours and TheBluest
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#66 » by TKF » Tue Oct 7, 2008 11:12 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
TheBluest wrote:

You're clearly missing the point.

I'm speaking from a strictly pure ability and capability standpoint. Duhon and Dickau had similar backup numbers. Both in their careers have played as starters. Duhon is not $5mil more the player Dickau is. I wouldn't have signed either to be honest.

Dickau helped NO get Paul .The ONLY Reason he ever has played that many minutes was because they traded Baron Davis and there was no one else .

Duhon started and played 26 mpg for a 47 game winner

came back the following year and split starts with Gordon played 29 mpg 8ppg and 5 apg for a 41 game win

Dickau has never played for a playoff team he has always been considered a backup who only got real minutes when there was no one else .

There is no one in the nba who agree with your line of thinking.They are completely different players and if the knicks cut Duhon right now the warriors would cut Dickaus butt to sign Duhon in a NY minute lol
As far as impact I look at the knicks and bulls situations and Duhon like this .

The Bulls had stability but no spark so after a couple of years and no one took their game to another level it all got stale .

The knicks had spark but no stability so after a couple of years of up and down the most important thing to them is stability to see if guys can actually take that step.

I have never been a duhon fan, but you hit the nail on the head. No one in the NBA would agree with that line of thinking at all. Really it makes no sense. Duhon and dickau are really far apart as far as being a basketball player. Not even close, the fact that someone is trying to defend this line of thinking is mindboggling.. oh wait. It is the bluest. Nevermind. LOL.... J/K

seriously, come on bluest. You know better bro...
CrazyEyes
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#67 » by CrazyEyes » Tue Oct 7, 2008 11:31 pm

Sure, I believe Marbury believes what he's saying but the first time we go on a 3 or 4 game losing streak he's going to start trying to sabotage Duhon and turn the rest of the team against him so he can get his starting job back. If he gets it back he'll play good for a few games and in his mind this will be the RETURN OF STARBURY and then he'll start playing like garbage again and the team will be in turmoil.
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#68 » by TheBluest » Tue Oct 7, 2008 11:48 pm

["chitownsports4ever"]

no you are speaking from a purely biased position against Wal;sh arguing the most ridiculous position as you try and back your way off the subject onto something else.

No I'm speaking from this position and statement I made several posts ago which toally delfates your Fire and Brimstone irrelevant posting

I'm still SMH @ the signings. Seriously unnecessary. DWU overrates Duhon's passing while ignoring his shooting, then overrates Roberson's shooting while ignoring his passing. He did nothing but clutter up the back court . I mean why not sign Dickau for pennies on the dollar if he wanted passing? Oh and although Houston can still shoot the guy isn't very mobile at all. He should of signed defenders in the off-season.

/
/
/
/
/

Duhon was pursued by several teams .the magic had the playoffs and no state tax in their favor but the knicks had the recommendation of Coach K ,a style players like to play, and a serious shot at the starting spot.

Please list the teams he was pursued by received offers from and actually visitied during his Free Agency. Remember you're all about the Facts. Please show us all what they are...

The Bulls traded for Hughes because they wanted to get rid of cancerous Big Ben but that put them at 4 guards who all can play and Duhons deal was expiring . Why would they second guess their approach over Duhon ?

Last time I checked Hughes is a 2 who can play point, whereas Duhon is a natural 1. Not sure how acquiring Hughes who's a known round peg in a square hole player, who has played for about as many teams as Dickau eats into Duhon's role, since Duhon is such a steady backup point guard on a playoff caliber squad. Then they started experimenting with a 2nd yr player who's a natural 3.

Again now you are trying to argue him as a star roflmao NOBODY said that and you know this

Uhhhhh Exsqueeze Me where did I paint Duhon a star? I said nothing really positive about Duhon at all in this thread all I did was question why he wasn't highly valued by the Bulls

.Gordon (3rd pick) and leading scorer ,Thabo (13th pick ) and 20 million in salary with Hughes and Hinrich as well as the best guard in the draft and hometown fav Rose was available but hey the Bulls wouldve changed all this for Duhon ? He was not close to being the Bulls best guard but he was as effective in his role as anyone else on the team .

They could have reasoned we have a super solid backup in Duhon and a solid starter in Kirk. Let's S&T Gordon and draft Beasley. LOL @ you trying to trumpet the questioning louder than you should.

None of those guys were pursued

LOL again Banks was pursued and he signed a richer contract overall than what Duhon received from us. Banks was never an end of the bench player he was pursued to be Nash's backup.

Now how many were told they would have a shot at a starting spot ?

Us giving Duhon a starting role has way more to do with supplanting Marbury than it has to do with Duhon's overall ability.

All I have are the facts of the nba as we know them to be
[/quote]

We'll wait on you to present the facts about the interest in Duhon and other teams offering him a starting role besides ours.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#69 » by mjhp911 » Wed Oct 8, 2008 6:05 am

If he really means it, this is very good news about the TEAM. We need all 15 guys pulling in the same direction. Even if we have to drag McCurry's rear end along the way...
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,249

Post#70 » by Luv those Knicks » Wed Oct 8, 2008 6:55 am

DrSithMirth wrote:His credibility has never been lower. So, No, I don't believe him. Since it's apparent that he's going nowhere, I'll believe it when I see it ('It' meaning him keeping his mouth shut and not poisoning the locker room).

why has his credibility never been lower. He came in camp in great shape. He told Dantoni that he wants to do whatever it takes to be on the team. OK, he also said he saw himself as a starter, so he's not perfect.

I can't blame him for not wanting to accept a buyout because there's no reason he should unless he wants to play somewhere else.

If anything, Marbs has gained my respect this off season - at least so far.
Go NY Go NY Go

Return to New York Knicks