ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Live 09 kills 2k

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

cshoops
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

NBA Live 09 kills 2k 

Post#1 » by cshoops » Wed Oct 8, 2008 1:46 pm

With all the features on live updating everyday 2k can't compete with the content. It's cool to see Allen Houston already added to the game. I'll still buy 2k but I'm in no rush.
elitethatsme
Junior

Re: NBA Live 09 kills 2k 

Post#2 » by elitethatsme » Wed Oct 8, 2008 1:58 pm

does allan houston have his jumpshot animation? if not its pointless
holdupstop23
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#3 » by holdupstop23 » Wed Oct 8, 2008 2:28 pm

the 2k9 demo was horrid.
**Proud Member of the Frank Williams for Starter Campaign**
Member #1 of 1
Ballito
Starter
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Ballito » Wed Oct 8, 2008 2:46 pm

cshoops wrote:With all the features on live updating everyday 2k can't compete with the content. It's cool to see Allen Houston already added to the game. I'll still buy 2k but I'm in no rush.

So what the hell you saying? You say 2k cant compete...then you say your getting 2k anyways. What the hell his the point of this thread?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,039

Post#5 » by GONYK » Wed Oct 8, 2008 2:56 pm

Live isn't even close. In fact, this is the biggest disparity between the two in years. 2k eliminated all the elements of the game that people used to abuse, and now have a much more fluid system. Plus 2k is updating their content too, and adding not only rating changes based on how the players play in real life, but new animation packages as well.

How is Live better?
Realmatic
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by Realmatic » Wed Oct 8, 2008 3:07 pm

2k is adding daily updates starting next monday.

2k gameplay >>> live gameplay

the realness is 2k is something live has not reach.
Early consensus is syaing live 09 doesnt play that great.
Pedro Pistolas
Banned User

Post#7 » by Pedro Pistolas » Wed Oct 8, 2008 3:14 pm

Live is hot garbage . I gave it a chance this year but the game is hot garbage. The player models are all off .You have players with huge feet, big arms/shoulders ... They look like praying manthises out there ...
the shooting forms are all off. Paul Pierce plays nothing like his real life counter part. I don't think any player in that game do. The animations are also disgusting....I had to turn that crap off the first 3 minutes in...
Hell, IGN who is EA's biatch gave Live a 6.5 ...
daBockas
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

Post#8 » by daBockas » Wed Oct 8, 2008 3:56 pm

so you havent even played 2K and you're already claiming that NBA Live kills it?

Nice...
Deity Allah
Junior

Post#9 » by Deity Allah » Thu Oct 9, 2008 11:44 am

I brought Live and played with the Knicks last night.

I don't know if this is just my copy of the game or what, but Allan Houston is INVISIBLE and I mean literally!!!

At first I went to edit him and there was no image of him, but he was still editable (as far as jersey number and shoes) then, once I played the game with him, it was only 4 knicks on the court (So I thought). All of sudden after playing for a couple of minutes, The ball is just shooting it's self as well as driving to the hole, WTF? I realize it's Allan Houston who is invisible for some reason. I just laughed, quit the game and went to practice mode with an invisible Allan Houston. I hope they fix this in an update, but that has to be the wierdest glitch ever.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#10 » by knicksNOTslick » Thu Oct 9, 2008 12:07 pm

Deity Allah wrote:I brought Live and played with the Knicks last night.

I don't know if this is just my copy of the game or what, but Allan Houston is INVISIBLE and I mean literally!!!

At first I went to edit him and there was no image of him, but he was still editable (as far as jersey number and shoes) then, once I played the game with him, it was only 4 knicks on the court (So I thought). All of sudden after playing for a couple of minutes, The ball is just shooting it's self as well as driving to the hole, WTF? I realize it's Allan Houston who is invisible for some reason. I just laughed, quit the game and went to practice mode with an invisible Allan Houston. I hope they fix this in an update, but that has to be the wierdest glitch ever.

Actually, that's not a glitch. Houston's as clear as water. That's why he's H20.
Deity Allah
Junior

Post#11 » by Deity Allah » Thu Oct 9, 2008 12:32 pm

I guess he must be broke now-a-days then since Jeffies wears #20 now. H14 just doesn't have the same ring too it, lol.

But seriously, the guy is invisible. It's actually kinda ill in a way. I wonder if he comes up invisible on on-line play?
T-E
Banned User

Post#12 » by T-E » Thu Oct 9, 2008 12:57 pm

2k owns live
EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,474

Post#13 » by EnigmatiC » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:45 pm

2k is starting to rub me the wrong way with all the glitches. Everytime I try to do play development for my Association the game freezes, and it does the same thing when I try to click on headlines on the NBA.com page.
Spandau
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 327

Post#14 » by Spandau » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:53 pm

EnigmatiC wrote:2k is starting to rub me the wrong way with all the glitches. Everytime I try to do play development for my Association the game freezes, and it does the same thing when I try to click on headlines on the NBA.com page.

Every time I try to play a game in The Association, it freezes after the trivia question. Every single time (PS3 version, by the way). Check the 2KSports.com boards - this game appears to be riddled with more bugs than usual.

Thankfully, the actual on-court gameplay is beautiful - but the glitches are totally out of hand. We need a patch ASAP.

Return to New York Knicks