ImageImageImageImageImage

Gallinari to return for final preseason game vs Nets

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HKSVIP
Bench Warmer
And1: 107

Gallinari to return for final preseason game vs Nets 

Post#1 » by HKSVIP » Thu Oct 9, 2008 6:58 am

eviL
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Re: Gallo to return this week 

Post#2 » by eviL » Thu Oct 9, 2008 7:01 am

Wow, great news if true! I hope they're not rushing him though. I'd love to see him get 10-15 minutes here and there, say on a night like tonight when no one's shot was falling.. Just have him post behind the arc and knock down a few threes.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#3 » by mjhp911 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 7:03 am

Please, just don't rush the kid. That said, I'd love to have him bump Malik or Curry out of the bigs rotation. And we NEED his shooting, passing, smarts, and handle... BADLY!
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,128

Post#4 » by waya » Thu Oct 9, 2008 7:07 am

We might get to see Danilo back earlier than expected???? Yesssss
HKSVIP
Bench Warmer

Post#5 » by HKSVIP » Thu Oct 9, 2008 7:10 am

I doubt his back is really bothering him at all at this point. I've seen many articles that have him saying the back is fine and he's just waiting to play. He looked fine at the media day and there hasn't been any news of him struggling to recover. I think the Knicks have been doing just what most of us said, and did not rush him. I think he's gonna practice soon and play in the first preseason game next week.
Zoli
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Zoli » Thu Oct 9, 2008 11:10 am

Great news, i hope he's allright. Can't wait to see the kid. Forza Danilo!
NYC2BGI
Starter
And1: 1

Post#7 » by NYC2BGI » Thu Oct 9, 2008 12:22 pm

The NY Post had a different version of the story:
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10092008/sp ... 132766.htm

Allan Houston sat out with a quad strain and Eddy Curry, who missed Camp Saratoga, told the coaching staff he wasn't ready . . . Danilo Gallinari (bulging disc) wouldn't give a timetable, saying he's unsure if he'll be back in one or two weeks. "I'm getting closer for sure, but it's so difficult to say," Gallinari said. "The pain is at same level. It's not getting worse, not getting better."

marc.berman@nypost.com
supergallinari
Banned User

Post#8 » by supergallinari » Thu Oct 9, 2008 2:17 pm

it we be awesome if he played the first preseason home game which is the 14th.
wwtsm
Banned User

Post#9 » by wwtsm » Thu Oct 9, 2008 2:20 pm

If that's true and we're not rushing him back, then that's the best news we've heard all offseason. I doubt Walsh would rush him back just to play 10-15 minutes a game either, so this is hopeful.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,131

Post#10 » by TrueWarrior » Thu Oct 9, 2008 3:49 pm

so whats the deal with Gallo and his back again? Is this really something that is never going to go away? Even if its just minimal pain thats not good at all.
HKSVIP
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by HKSVIP » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:06 am

TrueWarrior wrote:so whats the deal with Gallo and his back again? Is this really something that is never going to go away? Even if its just minimal pain thats not good at all.

The deal with his back is that he has a bulging disc. Which means one of his discs in his back is swollen and is touching his vertebrae and causing a little pain. The disc has shrunk down no normal size I've heard but they keep doing the excercises and giving him shots to make it stronger. I think he had the problem before the collision with Tractor Traylor because he played non-stop in Italy. But the collision is what really made it a bit sore.

It is definitely something that can go away. It already has gone away the only thing that's hurting him on the scale of 2-3 out of 10 is the shots and how the muscles react to the cortisone. He is just trying to strengthen his discs to prevent pain from falls in the future.
HKSVIP
Bench Warmer

Re: Gallinari to return for final preseason game vs Nets 

Post#12 » by HKSVIP » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:14 am

Danilo Gallinari's workouts continue to intensify and the Knicks have an unofficial time frame of two weeks for his official debut, which should be in time for the final preseason game against the Nets on Oct. 24 at the Garden. His fellow Italian, Andrea Bargnani, said Gallinari is "a typical Mike D'Antoni player" when giving his personal scouting report: "He can do everything," Bargnani said. "He can play two guard, he can shoot and he can play with his back to the basket . . . He's a really good player."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketbal ... 9681.story

Return to New York Knicks