ImageImageImageImageImage

Palin Stump Speech Turns To Klan Rally

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,620

Re: Palin Stump Speech Turns To Klan Rally 

Post#21 » by Lord Commander » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:56 pm

seren wrote:I was checking the polls on yahoo. Right now, Obama is ahead by four points. More interesting is the racial division on the votes.

Black votes:
Obama 92%
McCain 3%.

This is understandable given the democrat nature of this group as well as the candidate.

Hispanic Votes:
Obama 45%
McCain 32%

This is a great accomplishment for Obama. McCain should have normally won over this group with what he tried with Immigration bill etc. There is also a racial tension between Hispanic and Black populations for a while. Still they could go over these tensions and are making a sensible choice.

White Votes:
Obama 33%
McCain 53%

Current economic crisis has hit this group mostly. I lost thirty percent of my pension plan in the last few months. Whites have a higher home ownership rates so they are affected more from the mortgage crisis. Majority of small businesses are owned by whites and they are more affected by credit crisis.

Still McCain is ahead 20 points. And this may even be an underestimation. McSame is bad for the U.S. and therefore he is bad for whites. I just don't understand this illogical insistence on a racial based voting.

Sadly, this statistic is probably not even that high. Two words - Bradley Effect.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,248

Post#22 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:50 pm

seren wrote:I was checking the polls on yahoo. Right now, Obama is ahead by four points. More interesting is the racial division on the votes.

Black votes:
Obama 92%
McCain 3%.

This is understandable given the democrat nature of this group as well as the candidate.

Hispanic Votes:
Obama 45%
McCain 32%

This is a great accomplishment for Obama. McCain should have normally won over this group with what he tried with Immigration bill etc. There is also a racial tension between Hispanic and Black populations for a while. Still they could go over these tensions and are making a sensible choice.

White Votes:
Obama 33%
McCain 53%

Current economic crisis has hit this group mostly. I lost thirty percent of my pension plan in the last few months. Whites have a higher home ownership rates so they are affected more from the mortgage crisis. Majority of small businesses are owned by whites and they are more affected by credit crisis.

Still McCain is ahead 20 points. And this may even be an underestimation. McSame is bad for the U.S. and therefore he is bad for whites. I just don't understand this illogical insistence on a racial based voting.

It would be interesting to see those numbers side by side with how the races voted for Kerry vs. Bush. A lot of it could just be party influence not color influence. I think 90% of the black vote voted for Kerry last election, not sure if that was a vote for Kerry or a vote against Bush.
Go NY Go NY Go
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,910

Post#23 » by cgf » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:29 pm

faze wrote:
seren wrote:Black votes:
Obama 92%
McCain 3%.

People seem to want to claim that racism is some sort issue that is exclusive to white people but that's obviously not the case. The fact that there's been this much talk already about assassinating Obama is really unsettling though.

Sh

White men = satan
minority men = god
women = godlier

what's wrong with you, not being embarassed for being a white male.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Return to New York Knicks