ImageImageImageImageImage

POSSIBLE destinations for David Lee

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,100

Re: POSSIBLE destinations for David Lee 

Post#101 » by sol537 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:38 pm

I say we should sign Lee to a 3-year deal with a 4th year team option to Kurt Thomas like $$$ before Lee explodes. Even though he'll be on the books through 2010, he's an easy guy to trade and he will earn that contract barring injury. I'd rather keep Lee on the team when and if we do sign a big free agent in '10 than let him go. Curry, Crawford and Randolph are the guys we should be looking to move, anyway. Curry is easy to move, IMO, and Randolph will be easier to move after this season's over as will Crawford.
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Re: Destinations for David Lee 

Post#102 » by GuyverADL » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:40 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
optimusADL wrote: :roll: :roll:
Did I say that. Im just discussing the possibility.

but considering what hes showing right now the possibility of that happening would have to be what ? 10% If walsh held out for more with zach then I doubt he would even consider moving Lee at this point unless it was in a package for one of those players who may be available in 2010.

Randolph is signed through 2011. Lee is going to be a restricted free agent. We cant afford to have a Ben Gordon situation with Lee.

sol537 wrote:I say we should sign Lee to a 3-year deal with a 4th year team option to Kurt Thomas like $$$ before Lee explodes. Even though he'll be on the books through 2010, he's an easy guy to trade and he will earn that contract barring injury. I'd rather keep Lee on the team when and if we do sign a big free agent in '10 than let him go. Curry, Crawford and Randolph are the guys we should be looking to move, anyway. Curry is easy to move, IMO, and Randolph will be easier to move after this season's over as will Crawford.

I agree the problem is will Lee sign a 3 year deal when he can get 5 from another team?
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#103 » by GuyverADL » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:20 pm

Another possible deal could be:

Lee and Collins
for
Villaneuva and a future draft pick

OR

Lee, Collins, and Rose
for
Villanueva, Alexander, and Gadzuric

We get another PF who can be resigned at a lower price and we can get that hometown discount. I think Villanueva would take 7 million for 3 years to play close to home.
Pedro Pistolas
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#104 » by Pedro Pistolas » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:36 pm

IS this dude on crack or something? Good lord. Lee is finally really showing some semblance of being a starter in this league and this guy wants him traded? For basically bums? please
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#105 » by GuyverADL » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:46 pm

PistoL_D-iX wrote:IS this dude on crack or something? Good lord. Lee is finally really showing some semblance of being a starter in this league and this guy wants him traded? For basically bums? please

I am wary of guys who blow up during contract years. I know Lee has improved every year but that doesn't mean he is better than other guys I mentioned.

To me the guy seems fake when he is talking on TV. I just dont know. Plus he doesnt play a lick of defense. Guys like Maxiel are looking at 15 million 3 yr deals. If Lee takes 35 millions for 5 years then I will welcome him back otherwise I'd entertain offers.
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#106 » by RutgersBJJ » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:52 pm

i feel like I have come to the wrong place to post about Knicks if this TS represents the best this place has to offer. I came here because I heard there was a german guy who knows everything, I see no german guy.

why would you trade Lee or get rid of Lee when he represents exactly what a center in this offense is supposed to do. He is Diaw, without the softness. He will probably get the same contract Diaw got.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,330

Re: Destinations for David Lee 

Post#107 » by NewEra » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:56 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:Wait why is lee getting traded again ?

Because there a lot of dumb Knick fans who don't know how to hold on to anything good.

Why would we trade possibly our most consistent, humble, hard working, and unselfish player?

Some Knick fans are such idiots!
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#108 » by GuyverADL » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:57 pm

RutgersBJJ wrote:i feel like I have come to the wrong place to post about Knicks if this TS represents the best this place has to offer. I came here because I heard there was a german guy who knows everything, I see no german guy.

why would you trade Lee or get rid of Lee when he represents exactly what a center in this offense is supposed to do. He is Diaw, without the softness. He will probably get the same contract Diaw got.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have no words for you.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,915

Post#109 » by cgf » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:59 pm

PistoL_D-iX wrote:IS this dude on crack or something? Good lord. Lee is finally really showing some semblance of being a starter in this league and this guy wants him traded? For basically bums? please

Look it's likely that Lee is traded before the summer of 2010 if all goes well and Gallo develops like they hope. But right now we have no idea how both are going to develop. If Lee's demands are 10 per I'd give it to him, provided he started working with someone on his defense, both help and man. I don't think he'll do anything this season that'd justify more than 10 per so I don't see the need the rush to re-sign him unless he's content taking a three year deal at 8-9 per with a fourth year option, if not let him earn it on the court and worry about it after the season when we can re-asses the situation.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#110 » by GuyverADL » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:11 pm

cgf wrote:

Look it's likely that Lee is traded before the summer of 2010 if all goes well and Gallo develops like they hope. But right now we have no idea how both are going to develop. If Lee's demands are 10 per I'd give it to him, provided he started working with someone on his defense, both help and man. I don't think he'll do anything this season that'd justify more than 10 per so I don't see the need the rush to re-sign him unless he's content taking a three year deal at 8-9 per with a fourth year option, if not let him earn it on the court and worry about it after the season when we can re-asses the situation.

Jason Maxiel was offered a 15 million dollar 3 yr extension. So you telling me Lee is twice the player Maxiel is? Maxiel actually defends and blocks shots.

Turiaf signed a similar deal. No way is Lee worth 10 million dollars unless he can put the ball on the floor and score off the dribble.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,915

Post#111 » by cgf » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:39 pm

Maxiell and Turiaf are all better defensively, but Lee is much better offensively because he's a better passer, has 2 inches and now has a reliable jumper. I agree that Lee needs to work on his game defensively, but short of a highly developed traditional postup game Lee has everything you'd want from a PF offensively. He needs to work on his defense, but now that he's developed his offensive game he can focus on that next offseason because he seems like the guy will who will respond well to being rewarded and work harder to prove he's worth his deal, while of course setting himself up for an even better next deal.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#112 » by GuyverADL » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:58 am

cgf wrote:Maxiell and Turiaf are all better defensively, but Lee is much better offensively because he's a better passer, has 2 inches and now has a reliable jumper. I agree that Lee needs to work on his game defensively, but short of a highly developed traditional postup game Lee has everything you'd want from a PF offensively. He needs to work on his defense, but now that he's developed his offensive game he can focus on that next offseason because he seems like the guy will who will respond well to being rewarded and work harder to prove he's worth his deal, while of course setting himself up for an even better next deal.

Defense is all effort. If you can devote effort to rebounding you should not be a mediocre defender. We need to stop making excuses for our one dimensional front court. Comparing their defensive effort is like comparing the smell between feces, hot summer garbage, and stank chocha. :nonono:

Return to New York Knicks