ImageImageImageImageImage

Lee proving to be almost...

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,626

Re: Lee proving to be almost... 

Post#81 » by DE FENSE » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:39 pm

optimusADL wrote:We shall revisit this at all star break. Im not worried.

I'm sure you're rooting for Lee to have a disappointing season just so you can look right, and that in itself makes you one of the worst Knicks fans on this board. :nonono:
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#82 » by GuyverADL » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:41 pm

DE FENSE wrote:

I'm sure you're rooting for Lee to have a disappointing season just so you can look right, and that in itself makes you one of the worst Knicks fans on this board. :nonono:

He's not going to have a bad season. He isnt a bad player. He isnt worth 10 million dollars though with or without his "jumper".
DE FENSE
RealGM

Post#83 » by DE FENSE » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:05 pm

optimusADL wrote:
DE FENSE wrote:

He's not going to have a bad season. He isnt a bad player. He isnt worth 10 million dollars though with or without his "jumper".

Then what will be revealed by the All-Star break, as you suggest?

You're entitled to your opinion, I just don't understand why you would root against one of our own players, and one of the few on this team who has been nothing but a model team player and has improved his game year after year, and who has exceeded expectations as the last pick of the first round. A guy who sat on the bench without a peep when everyone knew he should have been starting.

A true Knicks fan would support him because of these things, not devalue him in spite of them.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,313

Post#84 » by duetta » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:05 pm

Well, after that Fortson comparison, I'm surprised he still has the nerve to post...
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#85 » by TheBluest » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:10 pm

optimusADL wrote:
TheBluest wrote:
optimusADL wrote:
Lee averaged more minutes than Biedrens. :lol:

Try again.

Lee average 29.1 MPG

Biedrens averaged 27.3 MPG

:crazy:

Just because you get more minutes doesnt mean you score more points. :roll: Stats aren't proportional to minutes.

Lee will be going against starters and banging with them. Plan on him missing several games this year due to injury. Jermaine O'neal doesnt like playing C for a reason.

I see Lee avergaing Troy Murphy's 15 and 10 with ZERO interior defense. :lol:

So it begins.

I had their minutes flip flopped I'll give the stand corrected stats regardless Biendrins stats aren't far better than Lee's. So their minutes were about even still Lee avg more pts, ast, had a better free throw % so you were wrong saying AB had him beat in almost all categories because he didn't. They both played in completely different systems. Lee's numbers will inflate this season more so than Biendrins.

Once again Biedrins played on a team that allowed a high amount of pts to be scored on them and committed almost 4pf/gm, which means he had a hard time stopping guys.

I suggest you not look at the points allowed in the paint chart for this team.

According to 82games opponents went in the paint about 27% of their possessions on the Warriors and scored 60% of the time. The average % for teams going in the paint on their opponents is about 26%. Keep in mind playing a team like the Warriors allows for teams to get wide open looks because it's a scramble game and the league tendency is to take an open jumper before working in the paint.

The Knicks allowed opponents to go in the paint 26% of their possessions and they converted 58% of them.

Not a good job by you bringing this up. :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

Next!
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,941

Post#86 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:10 pm

DE FENSE wrote:
optimusADL wrote:
DE FENSE wrote:

Then what will be revealed by the All-Star break, as you suggest?

You're entitled to your opinion, I just don't understand why you would root against one of our own players, and one of the few on this team who has been nothing but a model team player and has improved his game year after year, and who has exceeded expectations as the last pick of the first round. A guy who sat on the bench without a peep when everyone knew he should have been starting.

A true Knicks fan would support him because of these things, not devalue him in spite of them.

he's just angry since he's been predicting things about Lee since the beginning, like:

OMG Lee doesn't have a jumper, he's gonna be gone like Balkman! D'Antoni only likes guys who can shoot, so watch Lee get traded.

Then Lee came to training camp with a jumper, and now it's OMG he doesn't have defense back! I wish we had Renaldo Balkman again. OR BETTER YET TROY MURPHY.

But of course, it looks like Lee's going to explode in this system, and this conflicts with Optimus's view that the world must continue in the way he says, and so by posting idiotic arguments on a message board, he will persuade Walsh through the internet and he will trade Lee for Marco Bellinelli, who is so bad, he will never command more than a rookie contract, which fits with Walsh's 2010 plan. Thus, Lee must be traded, because if Lee isn't traded, OPTIMUS IS WRONG O.o
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,050

Post#87 » by vallen » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:13 pm

Dude is an attention whore. I dont even think he believes half the crap he posts. Yet you guys buy it up every single day. You guys are enablers.

And dude cant possibly have a Job with all the time he spends here, so you guys are probably arguing with a 16 year old drop out. But who knows. Who Cares.

Kinda funny though. But getting old and predictable.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
DE FENSE
RealGM

Post#88 » by DE FENSE » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:27 pm

vallen wrote:Dude is an attention whore. I dont even think he believes half the crap he posts. Yet you guys buy it up every single day. You guys are enablers.

And dude cant possibly have a Job with all the time he spends here, so you guys are probably arguing with a 16 year old drop out. But who knows. Who Cares.

You're probably right, the kid contradicts himself and uses logic that's next to impossible to follow.

I guess I am an enabler and he's probably just out to get a rise out of some of us, but I can't help but to defend one of my favorite players. Its also fun to point out how he still supports Isiah after what he did to my team.

Definitely getting old though...
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#89 » by GuyverADL » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:38 pm

vallen wrote:Dude is an attention whore. I dont even think he believes half the crap he posts. Yet you guys buy it up every single day. You guys are enablers.

I am constantly connected to the net for job related reasons. I just make quick posts to make the day go by quicker. Thats why most of my posts have grammatical errors. I just type a quick response and do work.

Seems you are kind of salty.

Im an attention whore? Do I go trolling in other threads like you are doing? Nope.

Sometimes Im wrong sometimes Im right. Get over it and sip some warm milk.

Anyone who doesnt agree with the general "consensus" is told to STFU and all this other crap. Its getting old and predictable.

DE FENSE wrote:

You're probably right, the kid contradicts himself and uses logic that's next to impossible to follow.

I guess I am an enabler and he's probably just out to get a rise out of some of us, but I can't help but to defend one of my favorite players. Its also fun to point out how he still supports Isiah after what he did to my team.

Definitely getting old though...

I actually didnt contradict myself. The Leeites use his stats as a reasoning for him being a great player. I bring up other guys who put up stats and the Leeites say stats dont tell the whole story.

:roll:

We can go round and round. Makes no difference to me.

Knick4Ever has opened my eyes and I have seen the light. :lol:

The whole front court needs to go.

Im used to the accusations. I thought me and bluest were the same person. I guess we are skitzo. :lol:
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#90 » by realfung » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:52 pm

good fantasy player?
Jakespeare
General Manager
And1: 3

Post#91 » by Jakespeare » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:29 pm

boomann21 wrote:They'll probably let Nate and Lee sign with other teams and then immediatly match both like the hawks did with Josh Smith this offseason.

A guy like Lee could easily flourish in Europe. I don't want a Childress situation with lee, so they need to resign him,
DE FENSE
RealGM

Post#92 » by DE FENSE » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:32 pm

optimusADL wrote:I actually didnt contradict myself. The Leeites use his stats as a reasoning for him being a great player. I bring up other guys who put up stats and the Leeites say stats dont tell the whole story.

Oh I wasn't referring to your comments on Lee, but you do contradict yourself, most recently about Danillo, or "Delicato."

But I'm not trying to make this personal; anyone who posts as much as you is bound to contradict himself here and there. Its your negativity that gets to me though.
markdeez33
RealGM
And1: 2,192

Post#93 » by markdeez33 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:41 pm

Lee is a BEAST. I'm ecstatic that he's on my fantasy team!!!!!
Lottery Bound
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#94 » by Lottery Bound » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:42 pm

David Lee is going to be an All-Star this year...

BOOK IT!!!
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#95 » by GuyverADL » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:05 pm

DE FENSE wrote:
optimusADL wrote:I actually didnt contradict myself. The Leeites use his stats as a reasoning for him being a great player. I bring up other guys who put up stats and the Leeites say stats dont tell the whole story.

Oh I wasn't referring to your comments on Lee, but you do contradict yourself, most recently about Danillo, or "Delicato."

But I'm not trying to make this personal; anyone who posts as much as you is bound to contradict himself here and there. Its your negativity that gets to me though.

As long as Delicato can shoot the ball like Nowitski I wont be complaining much. Its not like we have defenders up front now anyway.

He's 20 and Lee is 25. I will give Gallo the benefit of the doubt.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#96 » by NYKAL » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:16 pm

duetta wrote:Well, after that Fortson comparison, I'm surprised he still has the nerve to post...

omfg. How did I miss that. FORTSON. :noway: :noway: :noway:

Return to New York Knicks