ImageImageImageImageImage

Potential Players on the block we could nab for Curry...

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Big Chan
Veteran
And1: 173

Re: Potential Players on the block we could nab for Curry... 

Post#41 » by Big Chan » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:48 pm

These trades are terrible and woudl never happen. They either hurt us in long term cap or favor us way too much.

Curry to sac for Kenny Thomas (waived) and Donte Greene

Curry to Oklahoma for Wilcox and Sene ( probably have to include incentives, defintely cash, maybe 2nd round pick

Curry to GS for Harrington and Belinelli ( definitely include cash and 2nd round pick)

Curry to Wizards for Etan (Waived) and Blatche

Curry to clips for Camby ( i can dream cant i?)

Curry and Crawford to Miami for Marion!
gr3en
Rookie
And1: 18

Post#42 » by gr3en » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:14 pm

Curry and Crawford to Miami for Marion!

if they asked for Lee would you do it? haha

Randolph - Jeffries
Marion - Gallo
Chandler - Q
Marbury - Mardy
Duhon - Nate

:o
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#43 » by Johnny Hoops » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:21 pm

optimusADL wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:The same Andray Blatche that people wanted with the eight pick? Man those were some fun times. Some people have to play defense on the Wizards, those are two of em. Remember that Blatche was drafted out of high school, his numbers have been steadily improving and has the size to make him an interesting prospect. Ask yourself who would you rather have Blatche or Curry for this team, because the answer is easily Blatche. Just imagine Arenas and Curry on offense man that would be funny to watch...

At this point I'd do

Crawford (28 yrs old)(9 million for the next 3yrs) and Curry (26 yrs old)(10.5 mil for the next 3 yrs)
for
Redd (29yrs old)(17 mil for the next 3yrs) and Gadzuric (30 yrs old)(7 million for the next 3 yrs)

Milwaukee doesnt add years and reduces their pay roll. It also frees up money to resign Villanueva

We get a lights out shooter and a body put in the middle to collect 6 fouls.

I've thought about Milwaukee as an option for Eddy because I wanted Charlie V and thought Curry would be good fit for Bucks with Bogut moving over to 4 spot.

BUT -- BIG BUTT you (we) are forgetting that Scott Skiles coaches the Bucks and he knows Eddy and Craw better than anybody.
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#44 » by GuyverADL » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:43 pm

Johnny Hoops wrote:
optimusADL wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:The same Andray Blatche that people wanted with the eight pick? Man those were some fun times. Some people have to play defense on the Wizards, those are two of em. Remember that Blatche was drafted out of high school, his numbers have been steadily improving and has the size to make him an interesting prospect. Ask yourself who would you rather have Blatche or Curry for this team, because the answer is easily Blatche. Just imagine Arenas and Curry on offense man that would be funny to watch...

At this point I'd do

Crawford (28 yrs old)(9 million for the next 3yrs) and Curry (26 yrs old)(10.5 mil for the next 3 yrs)
for
Redd (29yrs old)(17 mil for the next 3yrs) and Gadzuric (30 yrs old)(7 million for the next 3 yrs)

Milwaukee doesnt add years and reduces their pay roll. It also frees up money to resign Villanueva

We get a lights out shooter and a body put in the middle to collect 6 fouls.

I've thought about Milwaukee as an option for Eddy because I wanted Charlie V and thought Curry would be good fit for Bucks with Bogut moving over to 4 spot.

BUT -- BIG BUTT you (we) are forgetting that Scott Skiles coaches the Bucks and he knows Eddy and Craw better than anybody.

I'm hoping Walsh can swindle Bird for Rush.

Crawford, Curry , and Collins
for
Daniels, Murphy, and Rush
Big Chan
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#45 » by Big Chan » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:08 pm

Bird wants white guys and im not trading Lee or Gallo! He can have Grunfeld!
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#46 » by GuyverADL » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:24 pm

Big Chan wrote:Bird wants white guys and im not trading Lee or Gallo! He can have Grunfeld!

He wants guys that arent going to shoot up clubs. :lol: They fit the bill.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,704

Post#47 » by cgf » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:24 pm

optimusADL wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:Curry by himself or packaged will never net us anything that will help us, its a grim reality but it is what it is. People talk about how we gave up two lottery picks yeah we did, thankfully they turned into Thomas and Noah. We had some fun with Balkman while he was here but Curry at this point in time is the player he is, wont change and will pick up his option which means were stuck with him. There are no potential players out there for Curry.

I disagree. Is Etan Thomas and Blatche going to really affect the Wizards win loss column? I think not.

You're really unrating how far Blatche has come, and how much the wiz expect from him,especially with Jamison,Haywood and Arenas out to start the season. McGee could be traded if Blatche is struggling as a center, and I'd love to see a Etan Thomas and McGee for Curry trade go down, McGee is the ideal center for D'Antoni's O IMO, great jumper, long and fast with the ability to block shots.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#48 » by GuyverADL » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:10 pm

The Knicks are looking like the opposite of the Warriors right now. Both teams want to run but the Warriors have too much defense and we have too much offense.

Curry and Crawford
for
Jackson and Harrington

No picks, No Cash, just a player swap

Curry/Turiaf
Biedrens/Wright
Maggette/Randolph
Azuibuike/Belinelli
Crawford/Williams

That team is actually pretty balanced considering. Also Ellis returning this year is a pipe dream. Let the guy heal properly to avoid becoming Arena's.

The Knicks would look like

Lee/Jeffries
Randolph/Harrington
Jackson*/Chandler
Marbury/Jackson*
Duhon/Robinson

That would be our 9 man rotation. Gallo and Richardson would get spot minutes. This way we avoid tired legs in the fourth quarter and can go with whoever has been hot. Also it makes alot of guys interchangeable if we are hit by injuries. the best part is it works with the 2010 goal.
RealGM
And1: 39,137

Post#49 » by 2010 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:13 pm

optimusADL wrote:The Knicks are looking like the opposite of the Warriors right now. Both teams want to run but the Warriors have too much defense and we have too much offense.

Curry and Crawford
for
Jackson and Harrington

Curry/Turiaf
Biedrens/Wright
Maggette/Randolph
Azuibuike/Belinelli
Crawford/Williams

That team is actually pretty balanced considering. Also Ellis returning this year is a pipe dream. Let the guy heal properly to avoid becoming Arena's.

Lee/Jeffries
Randolph/Harrington
Jackson*/Chandler
Marbury/Jackson*
Duhon/Robinson

That would be our 9 man rotation. Gallo and Richardson would get spot minutes. This way we avoid tired legs in the fourth quarter and can go with whoever has been hot. Also it makes alot of guys interchangeable if we are hit by injuries. the best part is it works with the 2010 goal.

Exactly how are Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington helping us defensively *scratching my head*

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Post#50 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:43 pm

Im not that interested in moving Curry as I think we can do better building him up from within

however Id explore Curry for Gadzuric, Villeneuva and Mil's 2010 pick lottery protected
TdoubleE
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#51 » by TdoubleE » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:48 pm

optimusADL wrote:Last one

Crawford, Curry(Murphy's replacement), and Collins(Daniels replacement)
for
Marquis Daniels (GARBAGE) , Troy Murphy (GARBAGE), and Brandon Rush(Defensive SG)

Troy Murphy is often injured and is making almost 11 million a year. Bird owes Walsh a favor anyway.

More likely:

Crawford, Curry(Rasho's replacement)
for

Marquis Daniels (GARBAGE/Team option in 2009, but good versitile defender) , Rasho Nesterovic (GARBAGE/Expiring), and a choice between Brandon Rush(Defensive SG) or a top 20 protected #1
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#52 » by GuyverADL » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:52 pm

2010 wrote:Exactly how are Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington helping us defensively *scratching my head*

Stephen Jackson is a very good two-way SG. Only reason he was traded was because he was shooting up clubs.

Golden State is not going to trading Jackson straight up for Crawford. If we throw in Curry and take Harrington(Nelson hate him) and they might be inclined to do the deal.

Harrington and Jackson both expire in 2010. Plus we just cut an extra 21 million off our 2010 cap.

NoLayupRule wrote:Im not that interested in moving Curry as I think we can do better building him up from within

however Id explore Curry for Gadzuric, Villeneuva and Mil's 2010 pick lottery protected

Skiles is now the coach of the Bucks, no way in hell do they touch Crawford or Curry. :lol:

TdoubleE wrote:More likely:

Crawford, Curry(Rasho's replacement)
for

Marquis Daniels (GARBAGE/Team option in 2009, but good versitile defender) , Rasho Nesterovic (GARBAGE/Expiring), and a choice between Brandon Rush(Defensive SG) or a top 20 protected #1

Not likely Rasho is an expring contract. Murphy has the same number of remaining years as Curry. Bird isnt just going to take on that much added salary.

Curry and Murphy are Wash

Crawford > Daniels

Crawford = Daniels and Rush
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#53 » by mjhp911 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:11 pm

You're really unrating how far Blatche has come, and how much the wiz expect from him,especially with Jamison,Haywood and Arenas out to start the season.

Absolutely. I'm guessing most GM's in this league would rather hold onto Blatche, over Curry (salary and years remaining notwithstanding). I think even Etan and McGee isn't palatable to Ernie, much less Blatche.
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#54 » by Johnny Hoops » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:11 pm

2010 wrote:
optimusADL wrote:The Knicks are looking like the opposite of the Warriors right now. Both teams want to run but the Warriors have too much defense and we have too much offense.

Curry and Crawford
for
Jackson and Harrington

Curry/Turiaf
Biedrens/Wright
Maggette/Randolph
Azuibuike/Belinelli
Crawford/Williams

Lee/Jeffries
Randolph/Harrington
Jackson*/Chandler
Marbury/Jackson*
Duhon/Robinson

Exactly how are Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington helping us defensively *scratching my head*

Pretty simple isn't it -- because neither are named Eddy Curry or Jamal Crawford.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#55 » by GuyverADL » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:27 pm

Johnny Hoops wrote:Pretty simple isn't it -- because neither are named Eddy Curry or Jamal Crawford.

These are highlight videos of the two from the 07 - 08 season.

Stephen Jackson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vPpDyte5iQ

Al Harrington: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvRBGPj0fGo

Now I know they are highlight video but i want you to look at the way both of these guys score their points, specifically Jackson.

He scores the majority of his points spotting up at the 3 point line. Plus he can drive and finish after contact and defend. No pounding the ball endless and not going anywhere. The man is the anti Crawford.

The Warriors need a ball handler though because no Baron Davis and M. Williams SUCKS.

Return to New York Knicks