ImageImageImageImageImage

KG to Chandler: "I"ll remember that!"

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

SpReEfOrAlL
RealGM
And1: 161

Re: KG to Chandler: "I"ll remember that!" 

Post#21 » by SpReEfOrAlL » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:35 pm

I know I still remember it.
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#22 » by Flaming Mo » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:30 pm

TKF wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Jose7© wrote:How can you not love KG?

Just looking at him in green and white pretty much does the trick

KG loves the sound bites, loves the camera, loves the posturing... I am not suprised he had something to say..

Exactly. I mean how do you get worked up over being blocked?!? Newsflash KG, this is the NBA and the other guys can play too. If Marbury would have said something like that, everbody would say he's an idiot... but KG gets away with such crap...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#23 » by TKF » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:29 pm

"Seeing the K.G. commercial just sends chills through my body..."

LOL!

Actually you gotta respect what the HOFer said. Chandler's play affected him. He was embarrassed and he's making a point about not forgetting it. This is the side of K.G. you adore because obviously you ask all the other players in this league the same question if it happened to them and they probably blow it off.

The Great Ones Don't.

rofl.. so you gotta remind me of that.... :lol:

anyway, there is a fine line with me and KG... I love his passion, but he tends to overdo it. I have no problem with what he said, the fact that he actually cares about a preseason game is great...
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#24 » by TKF » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:33 pm

Exactly. I mean how do you get worked up over being blocked?!? Newsflash KG, this is the NBA and the other guys can play too. If Marbury would have said something like that, everbody would say he's an idiot... but KG gets away with such crap...

actually I don't have a real problem with what he said, but we all knew KG would have some response. Again, he does come off as over the top, and seems to just love the sound bites and headlies.... it does start to get on your nerves, that is why I said there is a thin line when it comes to how I view garnett..
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#25 » by Paeds » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:41 pm

Annnyyyythingg isss pooooossssssiibbllleeeeeeeeee!
oak3334
Junior
And1: 13

Post#26 » by oak3334 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:57 pm

nykfan70 wrote:KG is one of the biggest jerks in this league along with his buddy Pierce, their egos are the biggest in the NBA, especially after winning a chumpionship, they thought they can get away with anything before, it's even worse now.

I met KG in Hawaii, couple years ago. I had a Yankee hat on, walked up to me asked if I was from NY
Then we had a 20 min. talk about the Knicks. He really is a nice guy.
Clyde Drexler, called Oakley a dirty player. Told of Drexler’s comment, Oak said, “He can blow me.”
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#27 » by Jose7 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:01 pm

KG has an EGO? WTF?

This is the guy that does nothing but play his heart out every **** night. Did he EVER demand a trade out of Minnesota? And when they won the Chip' last year one of the first things he said during his post game interview was how this was not only for Beantown but for the fans and people in Minnesota.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,248

Post#28 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:17 pm

Dogen wrote:http://sweetsauer.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451732069e200e5535cc5c28833-500wi

That was random and unnecessary.

I like KG, and his being a celtic hasn't ruined that. I also don't mind what he said about Chandler, though in a sense, he's saying that he wasn't going 100% and next time he will. It doesn't matter. Chandler's one of the bright spots on the team now.
Go NY Go NY Go
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,133

Post#29 » by waya » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:08 pm

Boss wrote:You wont have to remember it it you sweaty bitch cause it will happen again and again.

:lol:
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#30 » by TheBluest » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:08 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:
Dogen wrote:http://sweetsauer.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451732069e200e5535cc5c28833-500wi

I like KG, and his being a celtic hasn't ruined that. I also don't mind what he said about Chandler, though in a sense, he's saying that he wasn't going 100% and next time he will. It doesn't matter. Chandler's one of the bright spots on the team now.

Why a thread was started on what he said is kind of a show of over sensitivity by our fans. We Wiretap, and make every Quotables and Non Quotables Forum Headline News. Look we like our players, we don't need validation and At A Boys from the outsiders to make us feel good about them. Who cares what he said, really! He got his shot blocked THE END! K.G. isn't the first(won't be his last) won't be the last star to be showed up by an upstart player. I mean if we flip the script and it was K.G. who blocks ILLSON and ILLSON says he'll remember what happened after being asked about the play by the media do we start a thread and say ILLSON is just riling up an already vicious beast in K.G. and he should just shut his mouth? No! We probably still start the thread but give ILLSON props for having a sense of fortitude and purpose but sense K.G. said this he's a BITCH!. I mean wasn't it our own players who popped off at the mouth last yr before the season started and stated the Celtics weren't nothing and their acquisitions weren't nothing to get all worked up over and a good chunk of our fan base endorsed their statements initially only to proven epically wrong but if a player is asked about a play that happened in the game which he got outworked on, he can't express his disappointment and look forward to the next meeting?

Look we all know K.G. is a Drama Momma but you gotta respect what he said because he's 100% dead serious and this is probably what makes him a very good player. It shows he acknowledges and respects the play ILLSON made on him. If he blew it off it would show more disrespect but for whatever reason this logical reasoning is escaping a few here.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#31 » by knicksNOTslick » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:16 am

Flaming Mo wrote:Exactly. I mean how do you get worked up over being blocked?!? Newsflash KG, this is the NBA and the other guys can play too. If Marbury would have said something like that, everbody would say he's an idiot... but KG gets away with such crap...

Winning is the cure.

KG gets away with it because he proves it on the court. Marbs is all talk for the past four-five years.
RealGM
And1: 39,213

Post#32 » by 2010 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:53 am

TheBluest wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:

Why a thread was started on what he said is kind of a show of over sensitivity by our fans.

Link?...Source?

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,432

Post#33 » by NyKnicks1714 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:22 am

I agree he can be a bit annoying or over-the-top. Who cares though? KG is one of the hardest-working guys this league has ever seen. For someone with his heart and passion for the game to get hated on because he's a bit annoying is ridiculous.
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#34 » by Flaming Mo » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:27 pm

oak3334 wrote:
nykfan70 wrote:KG is one of the biggest jerks in this league along with his buddy Pierce, their egos are the biggest in the NBA, especially after winning a chumpionship, they thought they can get away with anything before, it's even worse now.

I met KG in Hawaii, couple years ago. I had a Yankee hat on, walked up to me asked if I was from NY
Then we had a 20 min. talk about the Knicks. He really is a nice guy.

Glad you had a nice experience but I think the point was that KG is a jerk on the floor. Like all that screaming and showboating and all that. Pierce is also a clown in real life, someone here (I think TKF) told a story about PP being a true arrogant jerk at an All Star Game party...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#35 » by EchelonNYK » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:34 pm

Whatever Kevin Garnott. i'm sure Chandler is losing sleep over this.

Return to New York Knicks