ImageImageImageImageImage

OK, I hate doing this, but Kevin martin....

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

OK, I hate doing this, but Kevin martin.... 

Post#1 » by TKF » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:37 am

Is a fantastic . I don't like doing these man love threads, but this kid is a nasty, yes he has his flaws but he can flat out play . I think the bluest made a point on this a while ago. He has all the tools, and is efficient as heck.. And I am sorry if I am making this thread bluest, I know you made one a week ago.

I am watching him dismantle the blazers. They don't have a man on that team that can stop him.

I would love to have this kid on the knicks, he would be ideal in D'antoni's offense. he doesn't need to dribble much, can come off the pick and shoot, he can pass and finish.

A future core of martin, gallo, and chandler along with a guy like nate would be nasty...

Now I don't want to make this a bash the knicks players thread because we wish we had a kevin martin, I was just acknowledging how good this kid is and could be in our system..
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Re: OK, I hate doing this, but Kevin martin.... 

Post#2 » by 2010 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:39 am

Nice thought but not worth talking about because there isn't a chance in hell that Sactown trades him to us for anything we're amenable to giving up. Unless you're ready to trade Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari and David Lee they hang up immediately.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#3 » by blueNorange » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:39 am

he's been a beast ... he's just not fun to watch at from a fan from another fanbase because of the way he shoots. it's a turnoff.

good players, he made himself good with hard work ... he was drafted late in the 1st round i believe.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#4 » by hobojoe2131 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:41 am

Yea, there's no chance we get him.

IDK why people are so off on Crawford already. It's preseason under a new offense. It will be an adjustment for him, but that doesnt mean he cant be effective.
^ MP creation
RealGM

Post#5 » by 2010 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:45 am

hobojoe2131 wrote:Yea, there's no chance we get him.

IDK why people are so off on Crawford already. It's preseason under a new offense. It will be an adjustment for him, but that doesnt mean he cant be effective.

The dude looks clueless in this offense because he isn't required to handle the ball for half the shotclock, do an iso then a lil juke, crossover and fallback jumper from 18ft.

Seriously, he's a volume shooter who's game is based off streaks, a classic rhythm shooter and the way the ball moves around in this offense he will have a tough time getting in sync or in rythm. He is not a good catch & shoot player at all so I think he is a misfit.

A guy like Michael Redd would be the ideal shooter to trade him for. Even McGrady would do well here because he's a star who's content to fall back and just fit and and he's multi-skilled and willing the move the ball around.

nykfan70
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by nykfan70 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:17 am

2010 wrote:Nice thought but not worth talking about because there isn't a chance in hell that Sactown trades him to us for anything we're amenable to giving up. Unless you're ready to trade Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari and David Lee they hang up immediately.

LOL, you guys act like the Kings are an elite team or something, I got news for you they are a mediocre team, they aren't going to be better than the Knicks this season, so they'll be lucky we offer anything at all for Martin or anyone else on their team.
I personally think Martin is an overrated shooter who the Kings rely too much on to carry their team, thats why they won't do much this season, so why do you guys want him at all.
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#7 » by RutgersBJJ » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:22 am

nykfan70 wrote:
2010 wrote:Nice thought but not worth talking about because there isn't a chance in hell that Sactown trades him to us for anything we're amenable to giving up. Unless you're ready to trade Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari and David Lee they hang up immediately.

LOL, you guys act like the Kings are an elite team or something, I got news for you they are a mediocre team, they aren't going to be better than the Knicks this season, so they'll be lucky we offer anything at all for Martin or anyone else on their team.
I personally think Martin is an overrated shooter who the Kings rely too much on to carry their team, thats why they won't do much this season, so why do you guys want him at all.

he is better than any player we have on our team. And how is he an overrated shooter? Is it the fact that he is near tops in the league in points per FG attempt? I don't know many other pure perimeter players that average over 45% from the field. He is by far the best shooter in the league, Mike Miller might be the only other player near his shooting ability. Watch him more. And Sacramento probably will have a better record than us. They should be good for 35 wins.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
RealGM

Post#8 » by 2010 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:25 am

nykfan70 wrote:

Yeah, you're right, Sacratamatoe isn't anything great but why use that as a way to take cheapshots and attempt to marginalize Martin's game? He is a good player, hands down. He may be the closet thing the league has to the next Reggie Miller. He shoots 47%+ as a jumpshooter from the field. He's 85%+ from the line. He's ~40% from behind the arc. He gets steals. The dude is a great young SG. To take anything away from his game is silly. He's way better than anything we have at SG (Crawford my ass).

TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#9 » by TheBluest » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:31 am

WTF with this thread?

I made the Gordon vs K-Mart thread a couple days ago explaining to everyone K-Mart is one of a kind and got lambasted for premature ejaculation over a pre-season game and here our very own Moderator following up with a thread closely related expressing a desire to Fornicate with K-Mart's play as a 2 guard.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=844189

No You DI... ENT!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I told everyone and I'll say it again...

K-Mart is probably the most pure shooting 2guard in the NBA. I've never seen a player play within himself and be such an efficient player at this position. He's almost unguardable, because he puts himself in the best position to score. He's all high IQ and has tons of deception in his game.

And if you all want look up his game logs since my thread and TKF's threads.

TKF all you did was piss me off after I already moved on from tonight's game.

I WANT JAMAL CRAWFORD OFF OUR TEAM A.S.A.P.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbYPKmwTJxQ&feature=related :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by TKF » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:37 am

TheBluest wrote:WTF with this thread?

I made the Gordon vs K-Mart thread a couple days ago explaining to everyone K-Mart is one of a kind and got lambasted for premature ejaculation over a pre-season game and here our very own Moderator following up with a thread closely related expressing a desire to Fornicate with K-Mart's play as a 2 guard.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=844189

No You DI... ENT!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I told everyone and I'll say it again...

K-Mart is probably the most pure shooting 2guard in the NBA. I've never seen a player play within himself and be such an efficient player at this position. He's almost unguardable, because he puts himself in the best position to score. He's all high IQ and has tons of deception in his game.

And if you all want look up his game logs since my thread and TKF's threads.

TKF all you did was piss me off after I already moved on from tonight's game.

I WANT JAMAL CRAWFORD OFF OUR TEAM A.S.A.P.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbYPKmwTJxQ&feature=related :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

LOL...Well Bluest I did give you props for the thread, all I was saying is that you seem to have to piss on the knicks players in order to elevate another teams player. You were dead on about Martin, I think the way you went about it, irritated posters, but hey, that is old news...

No You DI... ENT!

:lol:

hahahhaahaha... what u talkin bout willis!!!

anyway, martin would be Ideal for our team at SG. I am not trying to get down on jamal, I am still a jamal fan, but I am a knick fan first, and if we can find a better fit for any player on this team, I am all for it.. One thing I love about martins game, is that he rarely seems to force bad shots, he will take some bad shots, but usually he is under control, and can score off picks. this kid is growing into a heck of a baller..
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#11 » by mjhp911 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:48 am

Kevin Martin is the American HeDo'nt TurkeyGlue.

<wink to TKF>
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by TKF » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:50 am

mjhp911 wrote:Kevin Martin is the American HeDo'nt TurkeyGlue.

<wink to TKF>

hahahaha, funny. But seriously, this guy is 3x the player Turkey glue is...
RutgersBJJ
General Manager

Post#13 » by RutgersBJJ » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:56 am

better shooter, not better player. Hedu creates for people other than himself, and isn't one dimensional.
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#14 » by TheBluest » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:07 am

TKF wrote:LOL...Well Bluest I did give you props for the thread, all I was saying is that you seem to have to piss on the knicks players in order to elevate another teams player. You were dead on about Martin, I think the way you went about it, irritated posters, but hey, that is old news...

No You DI... ENT!

:lol:

hahahhaahaha... what u talkin bout willis!!!

anyway, martin would be Ideal for our team at SG. I am not trying to get down on jamal, I am still a jamal fan, but I am a knick fan first, and if we can find a better fit for any player on this team, I am all for it.. One thing I love about martins game, is that he rarely seems to force bad shots, he will take some bad shots, but usually he is under control, and can score off picks. this kid is growing into a heck of a baller..

Simply Jamal gets crapped on because he hasn't been near a solution for how many yrs now TKF. Plus we're talking about a player who's light yrs ahead of Jamal playing the same position. So if we're adoring K-Mart and want nothing more than for him to be a Knick then it's bye-bye Jamal.

Forget about replacing him because we all know Jamal will shoot his way back into the LOVE FOLD at his PARAMOUNT 40% clip. K-Mart just proves in every way no franchise should have to put up with a player so fundamentally flawed as Crawford yr after yr. It ain't about coaching, it ain't about bad teammates, it ain't about a bloated payroll and justifying acquisitions. Jamal clearly isn't a dependable night-in-and-night-out starting 2 guard and more than likely never will be.

Too bad the Kings overall team isn't that good because when you talk about a player changing teams and how well he would or would not do.... well put K-Mart on any contending team(Houston, Orlando, Raptors, Mavericks, Suns, Hornets, Jazz) I feel he makes these teams almost near locks to win it all. You can't say that about Jamal not even close.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by TKF » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:31 am

RutgersBJJ wrote:better shooter, not better player. Hedu creates for people other than himself, and isn't one dimensional.

I dissagree. kevin is not only a better shooter, but better defender, finisher, and he does create shots for other, simply because he spreads the floor...
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by TKF » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:50 am

Simply Jamal gets crapped on because he hasn't been near a solution for how many yrs now TKF. Plus we're talking about a player who's light yrs ahead of Jamal playing the same position. So if we're adoring K-Mart and want nothing more than for him to be a Knick then it's bye-bye Jamal.

Forget about replacing him because we all know Jamal will shoot his way back into the LOVE FOLD at his PARAMOUNT 40% clip. K-Mart just proves in every way no franchise should have to put up with a player so fundamentally flawed as Crawford yr after yr. It ain't about coaching, it ain't about bad teammates, it ain't about a bloated payroll and justifying acquisitions. Jamal clearly isn't a dependable night-in-and-night-out starting 2 guard and more than likely never will be.

Too bad the Kings overall team isn't that good because when you talk about a player changing teams and how well he would or would not do.... well put K-Mart on any contending team(Houston, Orlando, Raptors, Mavericks, Suns, Hornets, Jazz) I feel he makes these teams almost near locks to win it all. You can't say that about Jamal not even close.

yea, and the thing about martin, the kings stole him when they gave him that extension. 5 years and 55 million. this is why I cringe when I see guys like ben gordon asking for nearly 60 mil and guys like iguodala getting near 80 mil. I mean I just cringe. And I am going to say this here and now, and IF I am proven wrong down the road, so be it. But right now at this point, I would take kevin martin over Iggy. I just think the skillset he brings to the table offensively is amazing. His shooting and scoring ability, plus he is not a bad defender at all... Could you imagine him with the suns a couple of years ago! WOW!!!
sonny
RealGM
And1: 269

Post#17 » by sonny » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:29 am

TKF wrote:

yea, and the thing about martin, the kings stole him when they gave him that extension. 5 years and 55 million. this is why I cringe when I see guys like ben gordon asking for more than 70 mil and guys like iguodala getting near 80 mil. I mean I just cringe. And I am going to say this here and now, and IF I am proven wrong down the road, so be it. But right now at this point, I would take kevin martin over Iggy. I just think the skillset he brings to the table offensively is amazing. His shooting and scoring ability, plus he is not a bad defender at all... Could you imagine him with the suns a couple of years ago! WOW!!!

The Kings definitely got him for a steal. He's probably the perfect fit to play next to Rose. Can move without the ball, shoot from anywhere on the court, efficient as hell, has good size, great work ethic :droop:

It also helps that he got rid of that dumbass haircut.

RutgersBJJ
General Manager

Post#18 » by RutgersBJJ » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:30 am

the Martin extension at the time was a huge gamble. When I first saw the extension last year I was confused at why they threw so much money at an unproven player. And then last year as we kept sucking, I started watching other teams instead on raptors net. I watched the Kings a lot because I love Artest and wanted to see how Brad miller was doing, and Kevin Martin was just a psycho. He scores at will, and the best thing about him is that he isn't a streaky scorer. He is consistent. I see him challenging for the scoring title this year assuming Lebron scores less because he has mini-Marbury on his team.
NYC2BGI
Starter
And1: 1

Post#19 » by NYC2BGI » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:32 pm

Kevin Martin has become a great player that gets little recognition because of where he plays. If he played for the Knicks, Bulls or Lakers he would constantly be recognized as one of the NBA's best players. I don't even think that I would recognize the guy if he walked into the same room with me. Unlike many of these other so-called NBA "stars", he did not have all of the hype around him coming in to the league since no one expected him to be this good on the NBA level.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#20 » by seren » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:29 pm

Just a reminder: We traded two first round picks for Marbury, one of which could have been Kevin Martin. One more reason to hate Isiah.

Return to New York Knicks