ImageImageImageImageImage

Gallo's progress in first scrimmage?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,226

Re: Gallo's progress in first scrimmage? 

Post#21 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:03 pm

stuporman wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:
stuporman wrote:
Why he wouldn't get even a few minutes in the last pre-season game but a few in the opener eludes me. I would think you'd want to give him a couple mins when he'd be the most nervous when there's nothing to lose than in a game when they start to count and he'd be doubly nervous in his first minutes of real action.

I think that's Dantoni's style.

While his philosophy is 7 seconds or less, players have said in intereviews that it's not just a free wheeling offense. There are set plays and you need to know where to go.

Dantoni probably wants Gallinari to run a week of practices with the team before he plays. Same thing he did with Curry - OK, there's the out of shape thing with Curry too, but part of it was that Curry missed a week of practices.

D'! uses a style very much in use with european teams it's not like it's an alien technology or anything. Plus Curry has the BBIQ of a moldy carrot, Gallo is supposed to be a smart player. I'm just saying to help him shake the nerves off in a game that doesn't mean anything and won't have any pressure. Even if he's behind the curve it would be expected and better to have it in a pre-season game than one that counts.

Well, I don't know why he's not playing. Maybe it's a conditioning issue, maybe it's a lack of time practicing with the team issue. Dantoni and maybe a few others on the Knicks know why he won't play tomorrow, but I can only guess.

If his first practice was today, they might want to see how sore he is tomorrow before they decide anything. There's lots of valid reasons to keep him out of the game tomorrow. I understand what you're saying, but I think Dantoni has lots of confidence in Gallo and isn't worried about getting him a game of pre-season experience. He's only thinking about Gallo learning the plays and being healthy.
Go NY Go NY Go
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#22 » by Da_Mane_Man » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:25 pm

if curry starts complaining about PT and asks out then his trade value will plummet even further. no one will take him off our hands then for sure. does he have an opt out option? maybe if he's benched all year and never sees a minute of action he'll opt out.
hatnlvr
General Manager
And1: 1,117

Post#23 » by hatnlvr » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:04 am

I still don't think a project player is the worth the #6 overall pick but I guess I will have to wait and see what he can do.
ImageImage
BugsBunny
Rookie
And1: 2

Post#24 » by BugsBunny » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:03 am

evil_e wrote:If Gallo plays at the home opener I'm sure he'll get booed as well. I'll shut down anyone in my section who's booing though. I ain't having that sh*t.

LOL, you can't stop anyone from booing, they can boo all they want.

What are you going to say? how are you going to shut them down?(unless they're little kids)

:lol: :lol:

*boo*
I think if HighRyzer gets into an accident and loses half his brain he will still be the smartest poster on this board. HighRyzer83 is the man!

Return to New York Knicks