ImageImageImageImageImage

My "Knicks Rap" is going to be on WFAN tonight

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Re: My "Knicks Rap" is going to be on WFAN tonight 

Post#21 » by mugzi » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:00 pm

This was better than any other Knick raps I heard. I dont know if you've just gotten better or you got a better mic but the vocal quality on this track was way better than anything Ive heard from you in the past. Sometimes a good condenser mic makes all the difference. I definitely heard shades of early Eminem in your tonality, but thats not a bad thing. I used to hear that alot myself.

Good ish though, you know they're going to beep out those curses on the radio. :lol:
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#22 » by truth serum » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:04 pm

mugzi wrote:This was better than any other Knick raps I heard. I dont know if you've just gotten better or you got a better mic but the vocal quality on this track was way better than anything Ive heard from you in the past. Sometimes a good condenser mic makes all the difference. I definitely heard shades of early Eminem in your tonality, but thats not a bad thing. I used to hear that alot myself.

Good ish though, you know they're going to beep out those curses on the radio. :lol:

Haha yeah....I actually had to send them a clean version. They're only going to play a 1:30 of it anyway. I told them to play the second verse. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the compliments though. Like I said to BnO who said I sounded like I finally hit puberty...last year I had a palatal expander in my mouth for my braces....so it was hard to even talk and eat, never mind spit rhymes. It made me sound like a little child. So not having to deal with that anymore definitely goes a long way. I also bought a Mac to record on this summer so that improved the quality a lot as well. I've always used a condenser mic. I guess you can also credit some growth on my part as well haha. Glad you're feelin it though. I can't wait to hear this shyt on the air tonight.
eviL
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#23 » by eviL » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:14 pm

Grats on the WFAN exposure.. The lyrics are tight but the beat is way sub par.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Post#24 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:24 pm

At The Mecca wrote:Like I said to BnO who said I sounded like I finally hit puberty...last year I had a palatal expander in my mouth for my brace.

braces don't make you sound like a girl sir.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Sarren
Analyst
And1: 11

Post#25 » by Sarren » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:24 pm

haha not bad, it actually got me kind of pumped for the game.

I think we need Marbury this year though :P
KnicksManiac
RealGM
And1: 952

Post#26 » by KnicksManiac » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:59 pm

Good job man. I enjoyed that.
emo
RealGM
And1: 4,732

Post#27 » by emo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:07 pm

quick question.

What font/settings did you use for the "yo!" and "eric live" on the intro? I'm pretty much about to steal it soon as you give me the information.
Guano wrote:Will be interesting to see how this place transitions from killing Melo to turning on KP. I'm hoping Frank shows out so we can divide into Frank vs KP factions. That should be fun.
truth serum
Banned User

Post#28 » by truth serum » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:14 pm

emo wrote:quick question.

What font/settings did you use for the "yo!" and "eric live" on the intro? I'm pretty much about to steal it soon as you give me the information.

It was in photoshop. I don't even know the font name, but I used "outer glow" and just messed with the spread and the size a little bit for each one. It was a quickie, so i didn't try anything special. I guess it looks cool by chance.
truth serum
Banned User

Post#29 » by truth serum » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:18 pm

blueNorange wrote:
At The Mecca wrote:Like I said to BnO who said I sounded like I finally hit puberty...last year I had a palatal expander in my mouth for my brace.

Do you know what a palatal expander is, sir? Obviously not.

Record a rap song with one of those in your mouth and try to sound like someone without a speech impediment. Either that, or try to record a rap song with the penis you have in your mouth right now. It should have a similar effect.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Post#30 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:23 pm

At The Mecca wrote:
blueNorange wrote:

Do you know what a palatal expander is, sir? Obviously not.

Record a rap song with one of those in your mouth and try to sound like someone without a speech impediment. Either that, or try to record a rap song with the penis you have in your mouth right now. It should have a similar effect.

i don't rap, it's the dumbest thing ever ... i play rock and roll on guitar hero.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#31 » by Da_Mane_Man » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:24 pm

hahahah this is tight. idk why everybody's hatin, i actually liked the hook. and yea, you do have that eminem flow (especially on that second verse). ppl are gonna think eminem made a song about the knicks.
truth serum
Banned User

Post#32 » by truth serum » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:45 pm

blueNorange wrote:i don't rap, it's the dumbest thing ever ... i play rock and roll on guitar hero.

At least you have witty come backs. I'm not gonna lie, I LOL'd at your "amputate your dyck with cherry bombs" comment.
truth serum
Banned User

Post#33 » by truth serum » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:46 pm

Da_Mane_Man wrote:hahahah this is tight. idk why everybody's hatin, i actually liked the hook. and yea, you do have that eminem flow (especially on that second verse). ppl are gonna think eminem made a song about the knicks.

:D Thanks. People hate because that's what people do...hate. I don't get it. Anyway, kinda sucks that people think I sound so much like Em. He's probably my favorite artist ever, so I guess there's a bunch of influence there without me even realizing it. I'd like to separate myself from him more though, ya know? I don't want people to think I'm biting his style.
truth serum
Banned User

Post#34 » by truth serum » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:11 pm

adjacent2bench
RealGM
And1: 7,519

Post#35 » by adjacent2bench » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:31 pm

lol congrats man I hear it right now on the radio. lol That's dope man.
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,133

Post#36 » by waya » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:35 pm

Sounded good (did they really need you to censor out weiner)
truth serum
Banned User

Post#37 » by truth serum » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:06 pm

waya wrote:Sounded good (did they really need you to censor out weiner)

I didn't even do that. I only censored out the shyts...he censored out the bitchin and the weiner. He replaced it with "ball hog" which is what I called Zach lol.

Return to New York Knicks