ImageImageImageImageImage

Chris Duhon

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Re: Chris Duhon 

Post#21 » by blueNorange » Sat Nov 1, 2008 5:56 pm

knicks742 wrote:Let's get serious here for a second. Duhon was brought here to run the team and play defense and make an open shot. That's it. He is not going to score 20 ppg or get 8 apg. Is Marbury a better one on one player??? Sure he is. There is no denying that fact. However, one on one plays do not get you a title otherwise Crawford would be an MVP in this team. We have tried to do this with Marbury as the main guy, it did not work. That experiment is over.

We don't have anyone as good as Marbury at this point. D'Antoni is trying to run a system not live off of anyone because we don't have that level of talent. That's why Duhon fits better in this team. Another thing is that we have to see what we really have. The last 3 years we have blamed IT for many of the player's shortcomings, well now we have a real coach and let's see which players can adapt and improve during a real regime.

I don't understand why everyone is so quick to overreact. We suck with Marbury and we suck without him. This is not a good team, people. Get over it. It is a work in progress. Walsh and D'Antoni can't undo in one summer or season what it took Isiah 4 years to **** up!!!!

that's the thing but nobody really gets it. how many times have i said that d'antoni and walsh could care less about the 2008-09 and 2009-10 knicks ... they care about and are re-building what the 2010-11 knicks will look like.

some won't like it and will want to win now, but it's hard when the personnel sucks. duhon signed a 2 year deal, this is his audition ..... duhon is trying to prove that HE should have a role on the 2010-11 knicks team.

me and 742 are big lee fans but yet we've both come to accept that lee will most likely not be back next year and will most likely be traded later in the year. will we like it?? no, but there's a big picture ... the summer of 2011. where guys like wade, james, bosh, (joe)johnson, nowitzki, nash, (josh)howard, stoudemire, etc. are ALL potential free agents. could the knicks get one of those players?? no, but still ... getting under the cap is a must. you never know if a player pulls a jd drew(baseball reference) and wants out of his contract to sign somewhere else. you never know if there's a star that's getting traded so instead of gathering players to add the salaries ... the knicks will have cap room to not make a classic isiah 5 for 1 deal.

this is rebuilding, deal with it ... i could care less about this team. the only thing i care about is gallinari and chandler ... hopefully a lottery pick next year. those 2(soon to be 3) players can really say that they'll be here in 2 years ... nobody else on the team can say the same.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,262

Post#22 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat Nov 1, 2008 6:06 pm

Duhon was the best pg we could get without giving up anything and only comitting for 2 years. He is what he is, but he will listen to the coach, take care of the ball, play hard, and look to pass/move the ball. Thats all we needed. We are not looking to win the championship here. Only start rebuilding. What did people expect?

As for Marbury?? Did people seriously want to trust him considering everything? Last time we saw him he had season ending surgery, he abandonded the team, he has feuded/disagreed with the last 3 full time coaches and he didnt buy into D'Antonis system the 1st time around. Dude just has never gotten it and I doubt he ever will.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
unclebear
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Post#23 » by unclebear » Sat Nov 1, 2008 6:24 pm

duhon is a solid pg but i dont think he belongs in a dantoni system ,hes more of a lb player ,solid decent defender ,brings chemistry ,not flashy and a pass first pg.
i think our bestbet would be to swap players with the bobcats for felton.
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#24 » by knicks742 » Sat Nov 1, 2008 6:25 pm

blueNorange wrote:
knicks742 wrote:Let's get serious here for a second. Duhon was brought here to run the team and play defense and make an open shot. That's it. He is not going to score 20 ppg or get 8 apg. Is Marbury a better one on one player??? Sure he is. There is no denying that fact. However, one on one plays do not get you a title otherwise Crawford would be an MVP in this team. We have tried to do this with Marbury as the main guy, it did not work. That experiment is over.

We don't have anyone as good as Marbury at this point. D'Antoni is trying to run a system not live off of anyone because we don't have that level of talent. That's why Duhon fits better in this team. Another thing is that we have to see what we really have. The last 3 years we have blamed IT for many of the player's shortcomings, well now we have a real coach and let's see which players can adapt and improve during a real regime.

I don't understand why everyone is so quick to overreact. We suck with Marbury and we suck without him. This is not a good team, people. Get over it. It is a work in progress. Walsh and D'Antoni can't undo in one summer or season what it took Isiah 4 years to **** up!!!!

that's the thing but nobody really gets it. how many times have i said that d'antoni and walsh could care less about the 2008-09 and 2009-10 knicks ... they care about and are re-building what the 2010-11 knicks will look like.

some won't like it and will want to win now, but it's hard when the personnel sucks. duhon signed a 2 year deal, this is his audition ..... duhon is trying to prove that HE should have a role on the 2010-11 knicks team.

me and 742 are big lee fans but yet we've both come to accept that lee will most likely not be back next year and will most likely be traded later in the year. will we like it?? no, but there's a big picture ... the summer of 2011. where guys like wade, james, bosh, (joe)johnson, nowitzki, nash, (josh)howard, stoudemire, etc. are ALL potential free agents. could the knicks get one of those players?? no, but still ... getting under the cap is a must. you never know if a player pulls a jd drew(baseball reference) and wants out of his contract to sign somewhere else. you never know if there's a star that's getting traded so instead of gathering players to add the salaries ... the knicks will have cap room to not make a classic isiah 5 for 1 deal.

this is rebuilding, deal with it ... i could care less about this team. the only thing i care about is gallinari and chandler ... hopefully a lottery pick next year. those 2(soon to be 3) players can really say that they'll be here in 2 years ... nobody else on the team can say the same.

Speak for yourself on the Lee situation, if he doesn't come back I'll find ol man Walsh myself and beat him to a pulp with his own cane.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#25 » by mjhp911 » Sat Nov 1, 2008 7:56 pm

atlnyk wrote:Trust me and I know you already know that it's a waste of time. I mean after all marbury is the reason the Knick's have the highest payroll in basketball and have had a gazillion coaches, players and dysfunctional management. All D'Antoni has done is to attempt to use Marbury as a buffer from fans that in New York are certainly going to demand this team starts playing even a little defense. Marbury is a nice scapegoat for coach and some on this board. In the end he'll be gone just like IT and we still won't be crap!

unclebear wrote:duhon is a solid pg but i dont think he belongs in a dantoni system ,hes more of a lb player ,solid decent defender ,brings chemistry ,not flashy and a pass first pg.
i think our bestbet would be to swap players with the bobcats for felton.

Good posts.

Return to New York Knicks