ImageImageImageImageImage

What Would Mark Jackson Do?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

superjay779
Rookie
And1: 70

Re: What Would Mark Jackson Do? 

Post#21 » by superjay779 » Mon Nov 3, 2008 2:47 am

<ark Jackson is an F@@king idiot. Have you ever heard him in Net telecast. Good offense always beats a good defense. What kind of moron says that kind of stupid crap. Oh yeah I know Mark Jackson thats who. Mike D can't coach people who don't have drive or talent. This team is the worse team in the league. Mike D isn't a wizard he can't put a spell on these people to make them better. This season is going to be painful deal with it. Right now the only people I would keep is Wilson and Duhon and I only think Duhon is a Charlie ward type player which is not saying much about the rest of the roster.
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#22 » by TheBluest » Mon Nov 3, 2008 2:51 am

superjay779 wrote:<ark Jackson is an F@@king idiot. Have you ever heard him in Net telecast. Good offense always beats a good defense. What kind of moron says that kind of stupid crap. Oh yeah I know Mark Jackson thats who. Mike D can't coach people who don't have drive or talent. This team is the worse team in the league. Mike D isn't a wizard he can't put a spell on these people to make them better. This season is going to be painful deal with it. Right now the only people I would keep is Wilson and Duhon and I only think Duhon is a Charlie ward type player which is not saying much about the rest of the roster.

I SAY UGH won 37gms in 2006-2007 and according to plenty Knick fans could have won 40-42gms if not for the injuries. Sorry D'Antonio Sabato Jr. has to win as many if not more... he has better talent and developing young players with skill. The excuses of the roster being total chit have to stop, LB already said this 3yrs ago and we didn't like it. D'Antonio Margarito hasn't said it yet but now the fans are?
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#23 » by EricAnderson » Mon Nov 3, 2008 2:54 am

TheBluest wrote:
superjay779 wrote:<ark Jackson is an F@@king idiot. Have you ever heard him in Net telecast. Good offense always beats a good defense. What kind of moron says that kind of stupid crap. Oh yeah I know Mark Jackson thats who. Mike D can't coach people who don't have drive or talent. This team is the worse team in the league. Mike D isn't a wizard he can't put a spell on these people to make them better. This season is going to be painful deal with it. Right now the only people I would keep is Wilson and Duhon and I only think Duhon is a Charlie ward type player which is not saying much about the rest of the roster.

I SAY UGH won 37gms and according to plenty Knick fans could have won 40-42gms. Sorry D'Antonio Sabato Jr. has to win as many if not more he has better talent and developing young players with skill. The excuses of the roster have to stop LB already said this 3yrs ago.

talent?

look around the league theres not to oamny temas with less talent then us

thsi is a players league,evne greta coaches cant wi nwithuot good talent

and stop whinign about mark jackson,u act as if we let the next red holzman get away
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#24 » by StutterStep » Mon Nov 3, 2008 2:56 am

Mark Jackson would shimmy.... shimmy yo shimmy ya shimmy yo....

If Donnie had hired Mark and we were 1-2, I'm sure there'd be threads like this by another poster.

NYK coaches and management seem to continue to run into the brick wall called Dolan. At this point it's his money and Walsh's policy that's making MikeD look bad on this move.

But MikeD also learned a lesson here: Steph is family to many NY fans; that cheap shot MikeD took on opening night have clearly divided many fans much earlier than they would have been.

Now that the team is losing while Crawford and Lee struggle, it's just not the honeymoon MikeD expected!
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#25 » by TheBluest » Mon Nov 3, 2008 3:11 am

StutterStep wrote:Mark Jackson would shimmy.... shimmy yo shimmy ya shimmy yo....

If Donnie had hired Mark and we were 1-2, I'm sure there'd be threads like this by another poster.

NYK coaches and management seem to continue to run into the brick wall called Dolan. At this point it's his money and Walsh's policy that's making MikeD look bad on this move.

But MikeD also learned a lesson here: Steph is family to many NY fans; that cheap shot MikeD took on opening night have clearly divided many fans much earlier than they would have been.

Now that the team is losing while Crawford and Lee struggle, it's just not the honeymoon MikeD expected!

Possibly true but hiring Mark would have totally signaled we were rebuilding back in March, going into the summer. Expectations of record would have been mute. We would have then focused on how he would key in on the roster development and I know he would have wanted Balkman and Sick Seed here. D'Antonio has to be held to a higher standard, his pay and his supposed revolutionary coaching system says so. There's no way we look at player salaries and criticize them unmercifully(especially from other team like we love to do) when they don't live up to it but then make excuses for our coach this yr.

Actually this board has totally confused me yet again.

For so long we've heard the Dickery that went on under the I SAY UGH regime was the reason none of our players could excel. We heard excuse after excuse....I SAY UGH, Marbury, H2O's Bum Knees, Paxson, Back-to-Backs, Trap Holiday games, Schedule, Refs, Media, Fans Booing, League Hates Our Team, The Cap, Team Doctors, Bad Interviews, Coaches, Trades, LB, Anucha, Marbury's Truck, Dolan, Dolan's Band, Cablevision Stock dropping, Spike Lee Incognito etc etc etc etc. Now that it appears we're headed to another tumultuous season and D'Antonio Holmes can't turn our misfits of Hydrogen and Oxygen to WIne we officially want to start blaming our roster because we spent the whole off-season going to bat for Washed Up and Mark D'Antonio. So for the past 4yrs it wasn't the players but this season it officially is?

Sorry you hire a high profile coach we better start seeing results because if LB got blamed so will Pringles!

The media is laughing at us already and we haven't even played 5gms yet and it's about Marbury yet again.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#26 » by StutterStep » Mon Nov 3, 2008 3:20 am

^No need to be confused by me, as I KNOW MikeD brought this upon himself! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

It's not even about winning. He went out of his way to create a situation that makes ALL THE PLAYERS on the team go for self!

By benching Steph, he proved not everyone got a clean slate.

Lee and Nate didn't get extensions

Duhon is starting.

Danilo is drafted.

Crawford can't play off the ball.

Zach is shooting 3 pointers!

Malik is playing.

...and we're Waiting for Godot (Jeffries)
adjacent2bench
RealGM
And1: 7,519

Post#27 » by adjacent2bench » Mon Nov 3, 2008 3:44 am

Isiah won 33 games in 2006-2007.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#28 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Mon Nov 3, 2008 3:47 am

Honestly, this goes on Donnie Welsh, it really does. Clearly, there's not much value for your players. In that case, you need to create future value. If you're truly aiming for 2010, you try and shed as much salary and have as much talent as possible. I think he really dropped the ball in the Clippers-Knicks proposed deal that he turned down. He would've saved the team 14M this year, and ultimately 42 million when Marbury and Rose expire. He had a huge chance at 2010, he dropped the ball.
eviL
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#29 » by eviL » Mon Nov 3, 2008 4:43 am

WWBSU -- as in

When

Will

Bluest

Shut

Up
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#30 » by mjhp911 » Mon Nov 3, 2008 6:55 am

What Would Mark Jackson Do?

Keep looking at Chris Duhon, shake his head and say, "You're better than that!" :lol:

The next second round PG in line to torch us, "You wanna bet?" :nod:
Ewingfan
Junior
And1: 1

Post#31 » by Ewingfan » Mon Nov 3, 2008 8:18 am

Thank God Mark Jackson is not coaching this team.. Some of you guys are heartless why would you want Mark Jackson to suffer with these bunch of losers. Mark is fine where he is. Doc Rivers was also a first time coach with no experience when he started in Orlando. Take it easy guys you want to judge D'antoni based on 3 games. Isaiah set us back 5 years. Its going to take awhile to dig out of this mess.
Thats why Im easy easy like Sunday morning.
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#32 » by Bill Bradley » Mon Nov 3, 2008 3:04 pm

TheBluest wrote:
knicksh20b wrote:Jackson would have probably played Steph I think...and I don't think we would have Duhon, and with Jackson, we probably would have dispensed with Zach by now, cause he wouldn't be able to raise anybody's value like Mike could do it.

Can you name player values that have increased thus far under Mike?

Dude, they have played three games. People gave Isiah several entire seasons before he was fired. I'm sure you know that you are not being fair or rational here. It takes awhile to institute a new system and an entirely new philosophy, particularly when the players are such boneheads. Do I agree with all of the decisions that have been made since Walsh and D'Antoni came on board. Absolutely not. But I do think we are going in the right direction.

If Mark Jackson was here, I'm pretty confident that Marbury would still be our focal point, and that alone makes me think that we made the right decision. We have been calling for the young guys to play for a long time, and they are playing now, so what's the problem? As far as I'm concerned, if we get rid of Marbury and Curry and play the young guys, I don't really care how many wins we get this season. The young guys get experience and we get a high draft pick. Isn't that what people have been calling for?
Pedro Pistolas
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#33 » by Pedro Pistolas » Mon Nov 3, 2008 3:19 pm

Can this Bluest character get banned already? Seriously, dude puts a sour taste on this whole board..
It's been 3 games and he's already calling for the coaches head...
Without a doubt this guy sole purpose right now is to get ppl riled up...
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,906

Post#34 » by cgf » Mon Nov 3, 2008 3:25 pm

Mark Jackson would've cried when he realized how pathetically bad our talent level was and how (Please Use More Appropriate Word) our fans are. No first time coach could possible survive in this situation, with all of isiah's crap and our dumb ass fans wanting Marbury to start at the point.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Return to New York Knicks