ImageImageImageImageImage

Marbury and Walsh set to meet; Ewing Jr. might get re-signed

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Lottery Bound
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Marbury and Walsh set to meet; Ewing Jr. might get re-signed 

Post#1 » by Lottery Bound » Mon Nov 3, 2008 11:23 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... t_to_meet/

Nov 03, 2008 5:42 AM EST

Stephon Marbury's days as a New York Knick could come to an end as soon as today, with the former star guard set to meet with Knick president Donnie Walsh either today or tomorrow, the New York Post is reporting.

Walsh said he wants a resolution ahead of the Knicks next game against Charlotte on Wednesday.

"I'm saying I got to get involved in this," Walsh said. "There aren't a lot of options."

The Knicks likely would try to re-sign Patrick Ewing Jr. if Marbury is cut.

Marbury is showing restraint, willing to let the Knicks set a timetable for the divorce, not wanting to say anything inflammatory to jeopardize matters.

"I'm patient," Marbury said. "I'm sitting still. Whatever they think is best for me, I'll go with. Through every test is a testimony. I'm in the best phase of my life."

If Marbury hits the open market, Miami and Denver are believed to both be interested.
baseline_jay
Junior

Re: Marbury and Walsh set to meet; Ewing Jr. might get re-signed 

Post#2 » by baseline_jay » Mon Nov 3, 2008 12:31 pm

Walsh revealed he was blindsided when Marbury, the league's second-highest-paid player, did not play the season opener. Marbury averaged 20 minutes in seven preseason games.

That's the strongest evidence banishing Marbury was entirely D'Antoni's call. It's peculiar D'Antoni did not tell his boss about his bombshell decision.

"I didn't realize he wouldn't play," Walsh said, adding, "I kind of expected it would be a big thing."

Can a Knicks GM and Coach EVER get on the same page?

It's obvious Walsh was the one telling Steph to come into the best shape of his life, and offering everyone a clean slate.

Meanwhile Steph is playing checkers, and the GM and Coach are co-ck-fighting.
OooSplendiforous
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#3 » by OooSplendiforous » Mon Nov 3, 2008 12:38 pm

it has nothing to do with them not being on the same page, they both agree Marbury is gone; theyre now just determining how and when. Donnie Walsh is a smart man he's repeatedly said he wants to get value back, and he's not a fan of buyouts because its just simply bad business...and I agree. Walsh wants to see if a trade is on the horizon, but I really doubt that because teams know where on the brink of putting him on waivers...so why pay more for something when you can get it cheaper a few days later?
baseline_jay
Junior

Post#4 » by baseline_jay » Mon Nov 3, 2008 12:42 pm

OooSplendiforous wrote:it has nothing to do with them not being on the same page...

OK, keep thinking that...meanwhile (1) Walsh admits he didn't know Steph would not be in the rotation. (2) Walsh is about to waive or buyout Steph, and (3) S'Antoni's starting guards could not carry Steph's water....

...but yeah "same page"...
markdeez33
RealGM
And1: 2,192

Post#5 » by markdeez33 » Mon Nov 3, 2008 12:43 pm

THANK GOD... this should've happened from the start
Jesus Juice
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#6 » by Jesus Juice » Mon Nov 3, 2008 2:41 pm

markdeez33 wrote:THANK GOD... this should've happened from the start

Agreed, but probably for different reasons. This whole thing is BS, Marbury should be playing if we thought we could trade him. Marbury should be playing even if we couldn't trade, walsh believes in value over buyouts, there is no value in sitting your best guard even if he is a head case, there is more value in showcasing that marbury can be an asset, (especially since marbury hasn't said anything amazingly stupid in a while and came is in shape) this is the most contradictory Sh*t I have seen in a while. At first I thought d'antoni was being a parent, teaching these kids a lesson, Now i just think he is being a woman and holding grudges.
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#7 » by CourtsideTV » Mon Nov 3, 2008 2:44 pm

why do you guys hate marbury so much. I know his ego is big but..
Work Hard
rrosario35
Sixth Man
And1: 92

Post#8 » by rrosario35 » Mon Nov 3, 2008 2:49 pm

It's crazy because Steph doesn't have an agent to orchestrate trades with or to convince steph to take a buyout. I'm sure a resolution would have been reached had Steph had an agent.
Next thing, Dolan needs to jump in and initiate the buyout. Walsh is old school he's not budging, D'antoni is a lot more firm than I thought & he probably wont budge either.
Dolan must step in say Steph, here's your 21million, now get the F out.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,443

Post#9 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 3, 2008 3:14 pm

Lottery Bound wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55224/20081103/marbury_and_walsh_set_to_meet/

Nov 03, 2008 5:42 AM EST

Stephon Marbury's days as a New York Knick could come to an end as soon as today, with the former star guard set to meet with Knick president Donnie Walsh either today or tomorrow, the New York Post is reporting.

Walsh said he wants a resolution ahead of the Knicks next game against Charlotte on Wednesday.

"I'm saying I got to get involved in this," Walsh said. "There aren't a lot of options."

The Knicks likely would try to re-sign Patrick Ewing Jr. if Marbury is cut.

Marbury is showing restraint, willing to let the Knicks set a timetable for the divorce, not wanting to say anything inflammatory to jeopardize matters.

"I'm patient," Marbury said. "I'm sitting still. Whatever they think is best for me, I'll go with. Through every test is a testimony. I'm in the best phase of my life."
If Marbury hits the open market, Miami and Denver are believed to both be interested.

Well, of course. Marbs doesn't want to scare off any potential suitors with unprofessional conduct/statements right now as he awaits he last chance to salvage his career. Smart move. He need to bite his tongue while this gets worked out.

And I wish it would get worked out soon. I would like to re-sign Ewing Jr. asap before some other team snatches him up.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks