ImageImageImageImageImage

Wiretap: McDyess Mad at Nugs

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

KNEMESIS
Veteran
And1: 2

Wiretap: McDyess Mad at Nugs 

Post#1 » by KNEMESIS » Thu Nov 6, 2008 8:03 pm

McDYESS MAD

Sources emphasized a key reason Antonio McDyess, acquired from Detroit in Monday's big deal, doesn't want to play for Denver is he's still bitter at perceived mistreatment regarding his June 2002 trade from the Nuggets to New York.

While Denver's owner remains Stan Kroenke, management has changed.

"If they (management) want me to do that, I would be glad to," said coach George Karl, who wants McDyess to play for Denver, about calling to persuade him.

Carmelo Anthony also is willing to work on McDyess. And executive Rex Chapman has an in, being McDyess' former teammate.

Buyout talks have been at a stalemate as McDyess wants to return to Detroit.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word to McDyess: Choose your battles dude. We're still f'n pissed we traded Camby and a lottery pick for your sorry knees.
Really? Jared Jeffries. Seriously?
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Re: Wiretap: McDyess Mad at Nugs 

Post#2 » by boomann21 » Thu Nov 6, 2008 8:10 pm

Damn I wish we had Amare Stoudemire. That would be sweeettt.
baseline_jay
Junior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by baseline_jay » Fri Nov 7, 2008 12:13 am

Doesn't McDyess realize his knee injury while at Denver had negative impact on two franchises: Denver and NYK? Then, he jumps to Detroit looking for that ring and couldn't bring them over the top!

So, McDice just roll with the punches!
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#4 » by TheBigBoss » Fri Nov 7, 2008 2:44 am

Believe me Antonio, we are mad at the Nuggets too. Imagine if we had a GM with a brain back then, we could have had a Camby/Amare frontcourt, which is a championship caliber type of frontcourt, but that idiot Layden..........
-steez-
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Post#5 » by -steez- » Fri Nov 7, 2008 2:47 am

I wish I could go to him and tell him, "Well for what its worth McKnee. I didn't like you coming here neither. Nice to see you 10WD40'd them creaky ass knees of yours AFTER you left, scumbag."

After seeing those comments, f*ck you Antonio. F*ck you.

"Only in the NBA can you make a shot on Monday and have it count on Tuesday."
- Walt "Clyde" Frazier
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#6 » by mjhp911 » Fri Nov 7, 2008 7:37 am

For such a mellow guy, Dice sure harbors a lot of anger...
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#7 » by NYKAL » Fri Nov 7, 2008 12:12 pm

McDyess is just a big sensitive puppy. He got mad at Denver for trading his when its a business and he was obviously a risk. Then he got mad at NY after 2 injury lost seasons in a row. He should be glad he got the opportunity he did to resurrect his career in Detroit.
Lottery Bound
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#8 » by Lottery Bound » Fri Nov 7, 2008 12:18 pm

I can't believe we gave up Camby and Nene Hilarious for this gimpy sour pus.
kosmovitelli
RealGM
And1: 429

Post#9 » by kosmovitelli » Fri Nov 7, 2008 1:11 pm

Is Antonio McDyess an idiot ?

He's the one who accepted the trade !

Before he was traded to the Knicks, he had two years left on his deal but he had an early termination option at the end of the first season. Denver and NY agreed on the trade but when Layden learned Dice could opt out after only one season in NY, he considered it wasn't worth the risk and changed his mind. Then the Nuggets and Kiki tried hard to convince Dice to renounce his right to invoke his ETO and he accepted.

I clearly remember that day. It was crazy on draft night. The first rumors about Dice to NY started in the afternoon and we leanred a few hours later the trade was in limbo because Dice had an opt-out clause in his contract. Then we drafted Nene and all thought he was a Knick. Stern announced a few minutes later the pick was traded to the Nuggets for McDyess. It was a crazy night !

I'm sure Denver probably pressured him to waive his ETO but he's the one who made the decision.
No reason to be bitter about it after 6 years !

Anyway, as he showed when he left Phoenix for Denver, McDyess always had a weak personality.
He acts stupid and then turns the blame on the ones who took advantage of his stupidity.

The Nuggets used all manner of cunning to lure Antonio McDyess from the Suns

When Nuggets general manager Dan Issel was an All-America center out of Kentucky in 1970, the ABA's Kentucky Colonels whisked him off to Florida and stashed him there until he signed on the dotted line, rather than risk losing him to the NBA. No wonder he understood the value of insulating Antonio McDyess, the 24-year-old free-agent power forward who was reduced to tears last week as he agonized over choosing between Denver, his first NBA team, and Phoenix, the one he played for last season.

As the Nuggets were about to announce last Thursday that he had chosen them, McDyess, still tormented by doubt, abruptly canceled the 3 p.m. press conference. Some of those doubts were fueled by a phone conversation McDyess had with forward LaPhonso Ellis, a close friend whose rights were about to be renounced by the Nuggets so that they could sign McDyess to a six-year, $67.5 million deal. The fact that he wouldn't be playing alongside Ellis in Denver was news to McDyess, so he tearfully called Suns point guard Jason Kidd and told him he was uncertain about joining the Nuggets. Phoenix guard Rex Chapman joined Kidd on the line, and when he asked McDyess if they should fly to Denver to talk with him, McDyess said yes. "It was clear he was really struggling," Chapman says.

McDyess then instructed Tony Dutt, one of his agents, to call Suns general manager Bryan Colangelo and ask whether McDyess could still return to Phoenix; Colangelo assured Dutt that he could. What followed in the next 12 hours is a tale of intrigue that lends a new and bizarre meaning to the term free-agent frenzy...

Continue here

Return to New York Knicks