ImageImageImageImageImage

Anyone else getting irritated?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Anyone else getting irritated? 

Post#1 » by EchelonNYK » Fri Nov 7, 2008 6:54 pm

It's only four games into the young NBA season, and already the New York Knicks have an endless amount of drama going on. trade rumors swirling, the Marbury situation. i mean c'mon man, play ball and shut up.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Re: Anyone else getting irritated? 

Post#2 » by HEZI » Fri Nov 7, 2008 6:58 pm

This is what we get for having a quiet offseason I guess. We all knew we needed more change with the roster, and we didnt get much during the summer, so thats why you are seeing us involved in a lot of drama now. Even though the Marbury issue caught me off guard and dont know what to make of it. I just hope things get resolved quick, Marbury and the trades, the earlier the better.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
xxrainnn
Lead Assistant
And1: 173

Post#3 » by xxrainnn » Fri Nov 7, 2008 7:00 pm

You know we were due for drama... we're the Knicks damnit.
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#4 » by Ignitowsky » Fri Nov 7, 2008 7:02 pm

Trade rumors surround the best of teams. We all know that players are going to be moved in one way or another and the team is going to be rebuilt. The drama is being created by people such as you. I don't see any related to the organization or even the players.
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Post#5 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Nov 7, 2008 7:27 pm

echelonNYK wrote:It's only four games into the young NBA season, and already the New York Knicks have an endless amount of drama going on. trade rumors swirling, the Marbury situation. i mean c'mon man, play ball and shut up.

I dont agree.

we've had endless amounts of drama before but this feels very different. Players who are benched because they are not in shape or not part of the future plans. Trades the could potentially bring in solid players and take out overpaid and under-performing players. A coach and GM with a plan, identity and the balls to stick to their guns.

can you really compare that kind of 'drama' to larry-gate, get-in-my-truck-gate, marbury's-leaving-gate, new-coach-every-year-gate, lawsuit-gate, etc
AlCelticFan
General Manager
And1: 6,470

Post#6 » by AlCelticFan » Fri Nov 7, 2008 7:32 pm

Yeah, I agree NoLayupRule,

This isn't drama, this is great stuff! Ths is out with the old and in with the new and better! This is the end of entitlement. This is the rebuilding and forging of a new team and a new team outlook.
NySpartan4
Bench Warmer
And1: 6

Post#7 » by NySpartan4 » Fri Nov 7, 2008 7:54 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
echelonNYK wrote:It's only four games into the young NBA season, and already the New York Knicks have an endless amount of drama going on. trade rumors swirling, the Marbury situation. i mean c'mon man, play ball and shut up.

I dont agree.

we've had endless amounts of drama before but this feels very different. Players who are benched because they are not in shape or not part of the future plans. Trades the could potentially bring in solid players and take out overpaid and under-performing players. A coach and GM with a plan, identity and the balls to stick to their guns.

can you really compare that kind of 'drama' to larry-gate, get-in-my-truck-gate, marbury's-leaving-gate, new-coach-every-year-gate, lawsuit-gate, etc

it couldnt have been said better! +1
Bill Bradley: BNO doesn't annoy me with his pessimism. It's more about the very core of his being that I find annoying.
nyknicks2k2
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 573

Post#8 » by nyknicks2k2 » Fri Nov 7, 2008 7:57 pm

Trades swirling and an unhappy player isn't a new thing. Hell, every team in the league has at least one of the 2. The problem is that the NY media is a bunch of sharks that make sure the smallest thing looks huge.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#9 » by mjhp911 » Fri Nov 7, 2008 8:13 pm

xxrainnn wrote:You know we were due for drama... we're the Knicks damnit.
ComeOnKnicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#10 » by ComeOnKnicks » Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:25 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
echelonNYK wrote:can you really compare that kind of 'drama' to larry-gate, get-in-my-truck-gate, marbury's-leaving-gate, new-coach-every-year-gate, lawsuit-gate, etc

I kinda agree, there is a lot of drama already, D'Antoni cursing out fans, the Curry situation, the Marbury situation, I'm willing to give it a while though. Walsh and D'Antoni need more than 4 games to change things and get the team goin in the right direction, and 2-2 isn't a terrible start!
nyknicks09
RealGM
And1: 3,215

Post#11 » by nyknicks09 » Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:52 pm

Is time for Walsh to make some moves and make some room to sign 2 stars in 2010.
New York Knicks
!nstinct
Starter
And1: 0

Post#12 » by !nstinct » Fri Nov 7, 2008 11:13 pm

Yes, a lot of stuff is going on so far. Take a look around the NBA, every team has something bad going on. We not the only team in the media talking about bad vibe in the lock room. I am not irritated now, because I have been used to it since Isiah Thomas got in New York. I wish we wouldnt be in the media for every little bad thing, but hey.

Return to New York Knicks