ImageImageImageImageImage

Wiretap:Bulls, Cavs And Nuggets Monitoring Randolph?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

onlyonesharky
Starter
And1: 0

Wiretap:Bulls, Cavs And Nuggets Monitoring Randolph? 

Post#1 » by onlyonesharky » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:07 pm

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/ ... _randolph/

Bulls, Cavs And Nuggets Monitoring Randolph?

The Denver Nuggets, Chicago Bulls and Cleveland Cavaliers are all believed to be monitoring Zach Randolph's performance because of a possible interest in trading for him, according to Newsday's Alan Hahn.

Randolph admitted he does look at other teams around the NBA and consider how he could fit into different lineups.

“Hell yeah," he said. "There are a lot of situations out there . . . Whatever do happen, I’m going to be ready.”

His trade value Is surely at it's highest right now.
Let's give LEBRON the BLACK-AND-BLUE-PRINT!
onlyonesharky
Starter

Re: Wiretap:Bulls, Cavs And Nuggets Monitoring Randolph? 

Post#2 » by onlyonesharky » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:08 pm

...but there's noone in any of those three teams that I would trade him for unless I guess if it were for expirings, but the thing is that I like Randolph.

This one is tough for me.
Let's give LEBRON the BLACK-AND-BLUE-PRINT!
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,631

Post#3 » by DE FENSE » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:11 pm

They can look all they want, and Zach can speculate all he wants, but Zach should stay here for at least the remainder of this season. No reason to move him immediately with the kind of production he is bringing.

A if we DO trade him, TRADE HIM TO THE WEST. Eff Chicago and Cleveland.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,913

Post#4 » by god shammgod » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:12 pm

interesting. randolph's quote makes me think management has told him they're looking to trade him.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#5 » by boomann21 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:22 pm

god shammgod wrote:interesting. randolph's quote makes me think management has told him they're looking to trade him.

Well with trade speculation all summer about him being traded for coffe tables(Darko Milic-now that was just silly)and lamp shades(2nd round picks are better then Darko though) then I'm pretty sure he knows he is not apart of the Knicks future. So he always has to have the mindset that he could be traded regardless of his production or his new lease on life. Who does Denver have that can replace Zach though?

Kenyon Martin and Renaldo Balkman

for

Zach Randolph
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#6 » by Flaming Mo » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:24 pm

I want either expirings and/or picks for Randolph. Maybe a young player who isn't getting any burn on those teams (J.J. Hickson would be nice)... other than that, screw any offer...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Post#7 » by Jordan45822 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:27 pm

Balkkman can't be trade to the Knicks until a year
Big Chan
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#8 » by Big Chan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:28 pm

The only trades i would accept are:

Two young guys and a two year contract
One young and an expiring
An expiring and a first
A border-line star that is either expiring or one more year and a second round pick.
Jcrawford11
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#9 » by Jcrawford11 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:29 pm

can we trade big chan for a new water boy
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,080

Post#10 » by sol537 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:29 pm

First off, Denver is *not* a viable trading partner. There's no way, unless a 3rd team is involved, that they can give us a shorter contract for Randolph without giving up like 4-5 players and we can't accommodate that.

Cleveland and the Bulls are interested IMO. They would love to give Lebron and Rose, respectively, a guy like Randolph to help with the scoring and rebounding load. Both teams have defensive players they can put next to Randolph to help with his deficiencies and both teams are one piece away from contention. Both teams can offer us a draft pick maybe but at the least expiring contracts.

NY Trades: Randolph, Crawford, Lee, and Mardy
NY Receives: Hughes (1yr), Gooden (exp.), Thabo (1yr), and Noah (2yrs)

or

NY Trades: Randolph, Jeffries, and Malik
NY Receives: Wallace, Wally, and late 1st or 2nd

We're rebuilding right? Then you move Randolph for shorter deals, prospects, and/or assets to clear cap. I would pull the trigger on either deal.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#11 » by HEZI » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:32 pm

If this was the summer, I would have taken an expiring and pick or young player. Now, Im not sure I want to give Zach away. Hes really worked hard every game and shown me a lot. Sure he will shoot a couple bad shots and wont be much of a factor on defense, although I think his one on one defense is very good, hes 6'8" with no vertical so what he has done on the defensive end Im not sure many guys can do with his limitations. 19 and 11 and the Knicks are 5-3, I think we give it time and see just how far we can go with Zach this year before we look to give him away. What we really need to do is try to get Zach some help on the front line. Move Chandler to the 3, Randolph to the 4 and get a real center who can block some shots and finish at the rim strong.

Im shocked with what Randolph has done this year and how professional this guy has been coming into the season even with all the rumors and everything that went on in the summer. This guy was suppose to be a big off the court problem, yet hes been a great citizen and has actually emerged as a leader on this team. I say we first try to get Zach some help before we look to move him.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#12 » by earthmansurfer » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:34 pm

sol537 wrote:First off, Denver is *not* a viable trading partner. There's no way, unless a 3rd team is involved, that they can give us a shorter contract for Randolph without giving up like 4-5 players and we can't accommodate that.

Cleveland and the Bulls are interested IMO. They would love to give Lebron and Rose, respectively, a guy like Randolph to help with the scoring and rebounding load. Both teams have defensive players they can put next to Randolph to help with his deficiencies and both teams are one piece away from contention. Both teams can offer us a draft pick maybe but at the least expiring contracts.

NY Trades: Randolph, Crawford, Lee, and Mardy
NY Receives: Hughes (1yr), Gooden (exp.), Thabo (1yr), and Noah (2yrs)

or

NY Trades: Randolph, Jeffries, and Malik
NY Receives: Wallace, Wally, and late 1st or 2nd

We're rebuilding right? Then you move Randolph for shorter deals, prospects, and/or assets to clear cap. I would pull the trigger on either deal.

Seriously, the way Zach is playing, see who can give us the best package of expirings and either a very good young player and or a 1st round pick AND NOT LATE! Imagine what a person like Lebron must be saying to management. Get me some help. The thing is we are in a good situation now. We need value back, not just expirings. I think someone will give up a mid first or better.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#13 » by NYKAL » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:35 pm

yeah, and if our pipe dream of LeBron comes true, where is the dominant big man every star not named Jordan needs to win it all.

I keep saying it, Zach is the type of players you need. In fact other players want to play with dominant bigs
boomann21
RealGM

Post#14 » by boomann21 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:37 pm

SMAC-K wrote:If this was the summer, I would have taken an expiring and pick or young player. Now, Im not sure I want to give Zach away. Hes really worked hard every game and shown me a lot. Sure he will shoot a couple bad shots and wont be much of a factor on defense, although I think his one on one defense is very good, hes 6'8" with no vertical so what he has done on the defensive end Im not sure many guys can do with his limitations. 19 and 11 and the Knicks are 5-3, I think we give it time and see just how far we can go with Zach this year before we look to give him away. What we really need to do is try to get Zach some help on the front line. Move Chandler to the 3, Randolph to the 4 and get a real center who can block some shots and finish at the rim strong.

Im shocked with what Randolph has done this year and how professional this guy has been coming into the season even with all the rumors and everything that went on in the summer. This guy was suppose to be a big off the court problem, yet hes been a great citizen and has actually emerged as a leader on this team. I say we first try to get Zach some help before we look to move him.

I agree. It's no reason to try and trade Zach now especially since he's become a better team player and extended his range all the way out to the three point line. I was watching that highlight tape you made on youtube right before the season started and I was fantasizing about Zach hitting a clutch three ala Larry Johnson versus the Pacers. If we could only make the playoffs.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,080

Post#15 » by sol537 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:39 pm

Zach is getting his credit and rightfully so but his contract makes is logical to move him for the right deal. I think everyone realizes that Walsh made the right gamble by holding onto Randolph despite all those trade offers he received during the off-season. Only 8 games in and his value is already higher than what it was in the summer. Now it seems we don't have to get rid of 1st rounders or Lee to trade Randolph ;)

Still, he's not a part of the long-term plan because of his contract so when the right deal comes along I am confident Walsh will move Randolph, Crawford, Curry, Jeffries, and Lee. Nate may get extended sooner or later.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#16 » by TKF » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:40 pm

god shammgod wrote:interesting. randolph's quote makes me think management has told him they're looking to trade him.

I am suprised that anyone didn't even mention this? really, it gives you the idea that walsh spoke to him, told him to be a good soldier, playhard and he will be moved. I mean zach answered "hell yea"... what is that about.... :lol:
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#17 » by earthmansurfer » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:44 pm

Well, nothing has happened with Curry. Perhaps they want to move Zach when Curry is ready to play. Then, in this offense, let Curry build his value back up to.

Zach has been great and it begs the question on whether we should keep him or not. I don't really see the rush in sending him away. As the deadline approaches and if his numbers solidify (all star or near all star) we are going to have a few teams offering much more than right now.

Seems like patience may be the answer here...
Jesus Juice
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#18 » by Jesus Juice » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:44 pm

I say screw all the teams that we could't give Zach to last year that are interested when our record is 5-3, he is still the same players, doing the same things he did last year. He was never a black hole, he just did what Curry did, and Jamal did.

I say we ride out with Zach for the next season, It would be even sweeter if he made the allstar team, then all the teams could justify his salary by that plus when was the last time we had an allstar. But in honesty the one place were Walsh messed up is not trading Curry when he had value, Zach has always been the more skilled player.
Da_James_Gang
Junior

Post#19 » by Da_James_Gang » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:46 pm

Flaming Mo wrote:I want either expirings and/or picks for Randolph. Maybe a young player who isn't getting any burn on those teams (J.J. Hickson would be nice)... other than that, screw any offer...

I don't want any part of the guy, but i remember you guys wanting to get rid of this guy for anything. Now everyone is demanding picks, young talent, big expirings lol.... The guy is stil only shooting 43% from the field which is bad for a pf and who knows how long it will be before he goes back to his old ways. Each offseason you have to pray he comes into camp in some kind of decent shape.
boomann21
RealGM

Post#20 » by boomann21 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:46 pm

TKF wrote:

I am suprised that anyone didn't even mention this? really, it gives you the idea that walsh spoke to him, told him to be a good soldier, playhard and he will be moved. I mean zach answered "hell yea"... what is that about.... :lol:

Darko Milick and 2nd round picks is what that is about.

Return to New York Knicks