ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: WTF?! Marcus Camby coming off the bench for LAC

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

RealGM
And1: 39,217

Re: OT: WTF?! Marcus Camby coming off the bench for LAC 

Post#21 » by 2010 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:43 pm

I got people in here callin me an idiot. I guess some of you are so damn short-sighted that you have let temporarily winning with a flawed team with no future in NY besides maybe 3 or 4 players mislead you into forgetting about the bigger picture...the 2010 plan. NY fan-base has a reputation of being smart but most of you dudes are really not that intelligent.

People questioning Camby's age. SO WHAT!!! His CONTRACT expires b4 2010 (shorter than Randolph's) and he rebounds and more importantly shotblocks.

People like "If we trade Zach who's gonna score?" ...SO WHAT!!! We are not winning a championship with or without Randolph. Curry would get back in the rotation anyway and although he can't shoot like Zach he can score down low and draw fouls. Yeah, he's fat and not all that great but with Camby beside him they hide eachothers flaws.

People like "I'd rather give up half the team for Kaman" FOOLS GOLD. Dudes contract is way longer than Zach Randolph and he's NOT a franchise player at all. Why take on his deal? You take Camby instead since he has the shorter deal and in 2010 we'd be far enough under the cap to sign TWO FREE AGENTS to max or near-max deals!!!

People like "Yeah, lets tradeo our best two frontcourt players" ....yeah, yeah, yeah the same two frontcourt players who are moneyless turnstiles at defense in the paint.

Yet somehow I'm the one who's the idiot. Ya'll dumbass Knicks fans never cease to amaze me *smh*

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#22 » by randomhero423 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:50 pm

camby is not a great defender. let's remember that. he's a very good shot blocker who is as much of a stat padder on D then zach on O. he's by far the most overrated defender in the nba.
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com
RealGM

Post#23 » by 2010 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:56 pm

randomhero423 wrote:camby is not a great defender. let's remember that. he's a very good shot blocker who is as much of a stat padder on D then zach on O. he's by far the most overrated defender in the nba.

We are dead last in the NBA in shotblocking, we get outrebounded every game and we have no player in our rotation taller than 6'9"

Yet Camby is not good enough for the average dumb Knicks fan...go figure!

Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#24 » by Knicksfan20 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:01 pm

Why cant Kamen be a franchise player? because he is white?

i wouldnt call giving up 2 players who wont be apart of this team next season...and an overpaid player who is not in our rotation..giving up "half the team" other then the fact we are giving up 2 draft picks (maybe 2 first rouders are too much...maybe 1 first rounder and 2 2nd rounders and cash would be better)

but Kamen would be the perfect fit for this team and solves alot of problems that we have.

Its obvious what D toni wants to do, which is have 4 perimiter players and 1 inside player this way the floor is spaced...Kamen can play outside too, but is more of an inside guy like Randolph...they both have an inside game and both have an outside game...those too together would be a great combination.

and now we finaly have somone who can intimidate and block shots inside...and we get to watch him yell at refs every game about his ft routine!!!!

get Kamen here at all costs, **** Lebron and the 2010 plan, if we can build now...then we do it...Jordan can end up being a very nice player too, he is athletic and big...get Ewing here to work with him and watch out. he would be at least a pretty servicable bench player as long as he can hustle and run the floor and rebound.

Curry/Lee/Rose first round pick unprotected and ours and denvers 2nd...

for

Kamen and Jordan...

would you not do that???
randomhero423
Head Coach

Post#25 » by randomhero423 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:16 pm

2010 wrote:
randomhero423 wrote:camby is not a great defender. let's remember that. he's a very good shot blocker who is as much of a stat padder on D then zach on O. he's by far the most overrated defender in the nba.

We are dead last in the NBA in shotblocking, we get outrebounded every game and we have no player in our rotation taller than 6'9"

give me a legit defender who can block shots then someone who simply blocks shots but isn't a real defensive prescience any day.

if by getting camby we expect our defensive woes to disappear, then we are dead wrong. i'll def take him if it means getting rid of a bad contract. but i won't give up something valuable. he's too old and he's overrated on d.
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
RealGM

Post#26 » by 2010 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:21 pm

NYKnicksfan11 wrote:Why cant Kamen be a franchise player? because he is white?

i wouldnt call giving up 2 players who wont be apart of this team next season...and an overpaid player who is not in our rotation..giving up "half the team" other then the fact we are giving up 2 draft picks (maybe 2 first rouders are too much...maybe 1 first rounder and 2 2nd rounders and cash would be better)

but Kamen would be the perfect fit for this team and solves alot of problems that we have.

Its obvious what D toni wants to do, which is have 4 perimiter players and 1 inside player this way the floor is spaced...Kamen can play outside too, but is more of an inside guy like Randolph...they both have an inside game and both have an outside game...those too together would be a great combination.

and now we finaly have somone who can intimidate and block shots inside...and we get to watch him yell at refs every game about his ft routine!!!!

get Kamen here at all costs, **** Lebron and the 2010 plan, if we can build now...then we do it...Jordan can end up being a very nice player too, he is athletic and big...get Ewing here to work with him and watch out. he would be at least a pretty servicable bench player as long as he can hustle and run the floor and rebound.

Curry/Lee/Rose first round pick unprotected and ours and denvers 2nd...

for

Kamen and Jordan...

would you not do that???

First of all, Kaman being white is irrelevant. Lets keep race out of this discussion because it's immature. I won't delve any further into that part of your quote.

Secondly, Kaman is a very nice player. A good center. However, his contract does not fit the direction of our team. Look at it this way. You are basically saying we should acquire Kaman and throw our 2010 plan out the window for him. He's a good player but you don't abandon your plan for a guy who is GOOD BUT NOT GREAT when there are GREAT PLAYERS who will be available in 2010. Now whether or not we sign Lebron is not the point. No one can predict what he will do. But you at least have to be in the game. This is NY and the destination alone with it's marketing potential is usually enough if you are able to offer a player a competitive contract to what he can get elsewhere. Add to that the fact that even if Lebron doesn't come you can still sign TWO guys out of a free agent crop including Wade, Bosh, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire, Tyson Chandler in addition to Lebron. You don't throw away the chance to get these guys by jumping the gun on Kaman. You want to maintain as much flexibility as possible and acquiring Kaman doesn't facilitate that. It would be an impatient move and Walsh has shown us he has patience in his blood. Being a player in the summer of 2010 class is like playing the lottery. How can you expect to win if you don't even buy a ticket? Regardless of if we sign Lebron or not, we MUST position ourselves to do so and let him make the decision and then we'd have the flexibility to roll with plan B and C if he turns us down.

randomhero423
Head Coach

Post#27 » by randomhero423 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:22 pm

if kaman was a border-line superstar, why is his team so bad this year? if you are as good as you are making him out to be, they'd have won more than one friggin game.. wake up.
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
RealGM

Post#28 » by 2010 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:26 pm

randomhero423 wrote:
2010 wrote:

give me a legit defender who can block shots then someone who simply blocks shots but isn't a real defensive prescience any day.

if by getting camby we expect our defensive woes to disappear, then we are dead wrong. i'll def take him if it means getting rid of a bad contract. but i won't give up something valuable. he's too old and he's overrated on d.

I presented Randolph/Lee for Camby/Thomas. THAT IS VALUE. Not immediate value but we'd be far enough under the cap in 2010 to sign TWO FREE AGENTS TO MAX $$$. Is that not value???????????

Plus they fill needs as stopgap guys. Camby is a better defender than Randolph, a infinitely better shotblocker than anyone we have, he is an equal rebounder and his contract ends b4 2010.

Thomas' contract ends b4 2010 too AND he can hit the 3pt shot consistently, is a better defender than David Lee, can run the floor, can shoot midrange better than Lee, is a good free throw shooter and would have no problem coming off the bench along with Jared Jeffries backing up Chandler and Camby or Curry or whoever. We'd still be competitive and we'd be a major player or two free agents in 2010. Randolph is doing well but he prohibits our 2010 plan and we ain't re-signing Lee anyway.

Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#29 » by Knicksfan20 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:30 pm

He is starting off slow this season...his ppg are down...but it hink that mainly has to do with the fact that Camby has no type of outside game and he just makes a mess in the middle...and is a failed plan

Kaman is a guy who will get you a double double every night, and will get you 2 blocks a game.

we need a defensive presence inside who isnt a liability on offense, Kaman is a 2 way player and a very good defender.

he is a player that can easily average 15 ppg, 12 rebounds and 2 blocks a game for us

maybe i went overboard with borderline superstar...but he is one of the best cetners in the game..and has an alla round game..and hes also only 25 years old.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Post#30 » by duetta » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:40 pm

randomhero423 wrote:if kaman was a border-line superstar, why is his team so bad this year? if you are as good as you are making him out to be, they'd have won more than one friggin game.. wake up.

Ya think!

Hey, I'd like Kamen - but at a fair price. I'd offer Lee and another asset, but that would be it. We'd be under the cap by 2011 either way.
nyknicks2k2
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 574

Post#31 » by nyknicks2k2 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:46 pm

NYKnicksfan11 wrote:Why? because Kamen is a borderline superstar? who can make midrange shots, is a good ft shooter, good inside scorer, great rebounder, great defender, great shot blocker.

He's also turnover prone and doesn't really fit in a run and gun system. Why no mention of his 3.4 tpg? and you want to move Lee/2 picks?

Awesome!

This board hasn't had a pointless race discussion in a while.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#32 » by god shammgod » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:50 pm

kamen is not a d'antoni type player at all. it'll never happen. it's pointless to even ponder.
randomhero423
Head Coach

Post#33 » by randomhero423 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:10 pm

I feel we can get more for Zach. I'm 100% a "2010 plan' type of guy, and if that trade were to happen I wouldn't be upset.

I'd hope in a trade for Camby, we can get rid of someone like Curry or Jefferies. I feel someone like Zach, teams may start to give us some real good value for him (short contract + good prospect).

For Camby I'd love to do.

NYK: Eddy Curry, Jared Jeffries, Lottery protected 2008 (and that's it), Mardy Collins, David Lee
LAC: Marcus Camby, Tim Thomas, DeAndre Jordan

We get rid of horrible contracts for shorter ones. and we get a prospect in Jordan. I highly doubt we make the playoffs so that should not be a concern.

for LAC, they get a good young player in Lee along with a young player who has the chance to be decent in Collins. Jeffries should be much better next to Kaman, as Camby was. Jeffries is a good glue player on a good team. Curry is someone they can hope progresses and goes back to his days of dominating scoring. They have to think he's going to come in determined after being embarrassed in NY.
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
the bizness
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#34 » by the bizness » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:22 pm

Kaman is alright but giving up two first rounders is ridiculous- that's the same kind of sh-t Isiah pulled with the Steph and Curry trades. You only do that for a Lebron, not a guy who's only had one good year so far (although a pretty good one). He does bring rebounds and blocks but you don't break the bank for a guy like that (and his contract runs to like 2013).
randomhero423
Head Coach

Post#35 » by randomhero423 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:23 pm

nyknicks2k2 wrote:
NYKnicksfan11 wrote:Why? because Kamen is a borderline superstar? who can make midrange shots, is a good ft shooter, good inside scorer, great rebounder, great defender, great shot blocker.

He's also turnover prone and doesn't really fit in a run and gun system. Why no mention of his 3.4 tpg? and you want to move Lee/2 picks?

Awesome!

This board hasn't had a pointless race discussion in a while

we need kingkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
StarH2O
General Manager
And1: 40

Post#36 » by StarH2O » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:34 am

I want to see Camby back in NY. Maybe we can offer them Curry and Lee? Curry can semi replace Elton Brand's role...
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#37 » by FutureKnicksGM » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:52 am

Curry, Crawford,Collins,$$$
for
Camby, Mobley,Jordan

Camby/Lee
Zach/Lee
Q/Chandler
Mobley/Nate