ImageImageImageImageImage

O/T: Brown-Nosers, 3-7 Bobcats...

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Re: O/T: Brown-Nosers, 3-7 Bobcats... 

Post#21 » by TKF » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:00 pm

TheBluest wrote:
StutterStep wrote:
2010 wrote:Thanks for blasting this thread off for me...I haven't been on my yob lately!

haha...

No doubt... because if his record was the reverse, we'd be hearing how great he was in turning them around so quickly!

QUICKSAND, MY MAN! QUICKSAND!

You mean in the same manner D'Antonio Pierce naysayers would be talking about how Eli Porter has led the Suns to a 7-3 record without D'Antonio Champan, but really aren't talking about it or starting threads on it.

No this is nothing but a deflection of attention and frustration.

D'antonio chapman?
But what could naysayers complain about.. the suns were good with D'antoni...
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#22 » by richardhutnik » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:00 pm

Brown, historically, has a horrible first season with a team he is with, and then they turn it around. I believe he probably does what he did with the Knicks, trying out a lot of different rosters to see what works, and then sees what deals are made.

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#23 » by StutterStep » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:02 pm

TheBluest wrote:You mean in the same manner D'Antonio Pierce naysayers would be talking about how Eli Porter has led the Suns to a 7-3 record without D'Antonio Champan, but really aren't talking about it or starting threads on it.

Why would we talk about the Suns, esp. their continued success? That squad is loaded. Plus, I'm a big Terry Porter fan, and KNEW he got a raw deal in Milwaukee. But do refresh my memory as to when Porter was in ANY WAY affiliated with the KNICKS!
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#24 » by TheBluest » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:28 pm

StutterStep wrote:
TheBluest wrote:You mean in the same manner D'Antonio Pierce naysayers would be talking about how Eli Porter has led the Suns to a 7-3 record without D'Antonio Champan, but really aren't talking about it or starting threads on it.

Why would we talk about the Suns, esp. their continued success? That squad is loaded. Plus, I'm a big Terry Porter fan, and KNEW he got a raw deal in Milwaukee. But do refresh my memory as to when Porter was in ANY WAY affiliated with the KNICKS!

I'm saying you don't see naysayers starting threads stating anyone could coach the Suns and that Steve Kerr didn't crippler D'Antonio Freeman's efforts as a coach. At least not going by the early results.

We lost last night, you paroused through the standings in pain and misery, searching out the Bobcats, and Lo And Behold here we have a thread about them on our board.

Does Brown coach here?

No!

Why are there so many threads about him?
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#25 » by StutterStep » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:36 pm

TheBluest wrote:
I'm saying you don't see naysayers starting threads stating anyone could coach the Suns and that Steve Kerr didn't crippler D'Antonio Freeman's efforts as a coach. At least not going by the early results.

We lost last night, you paroused through the standings in pain and misery, searching out the Bobcats, and Lo And Behold here we have a thread about them on our board.

Does Brown coach here?

No!

Why are there so many threads about him?

Dude, you continually pull these connections to make a point -- sort of like the Rapper "Rage" but way less effective.

We went from 33 wins to 23 wins after adding 3 FIRST ROUND PICKS the year Brown was coach. He started this circus, hence the reason Coke (I believe) started calling him CLOWN! All you Brown-nosers pointed to Isiah being the sole reason to Brown's failure. Then, Isiah took the same EXACT squad to 33 wins. We fell back to 23 wins...

...if you were to concede that we won only 23 wins those two times because we missed STEPH because of injury, I could let you slide.... but instead you're telling me that Porter is doing a good job with PHX?

REALLY I DON'T GET THE CONNECTION!

And I didn't go looking for the Bobcats record...if you recall I put up a thread not long ago about Eastern Conference standings and our playoff chances. You jumped in with your deflecting posts about why I didn't list the Western Conference!

So basically, I check the standings regularly and noticed that the Bobcats have been getting declawed! So I posted it, because their coach wrecked us not too long ago!
ElMatatan
General Manager
And1: 487

Post#26 » by ElMatatan » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:36 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:
ElMatatan wrote:lol...The Brownies have been hiding as of late.........they still believe that 23 win season was more Isiah than Larry......They still believe that a line up that consist of Q. Woods, Jackie Butler, Jalen Rose, Steve Francis was going to take us to the promise land.

Your post makes no sense. At first you blame the 23 win season on Larry, and then say that he didn't have the personnel to win. So whose fault was it again?

How doesn't it make sense??

Larry Brown requested for those players and some of the posters in here believe that he would take us to the promise land with those players....

Come Again?
NY State of Mind
DesignStudio
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#27 » by DesignStudio » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:53 pm

:lol: Why are the people that are always wrong about everything need to grasp straws about the dumbest things so they can have a soapbox they can stand on.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#28 » by boomann21 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:06 pm

I'm with you Stutter Step. 43 lineups was the most ridiculous and propostreous thing I've seen ever. All's he had to do was sit Marbury just like D'Antoni is doing and Isiah contemplated, but instead he breaks the world record for lineups in a year. Mannnn PHuck Larry Brown and if you actively defend him after his shenenagians then Phuck you too. At least Isiah was trying to get the talent for us to win. Larry just wanted his job.
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#29 » by Paeds » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:17 pm

LB is a weasel and I lost respect for him

He should go back to college coaching
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#30 » by mjhp911 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:49 pm

StutterStep wrote:
2010 wrote:Thanks for blasting this thread off for me...I haven't been on my yob lately!

haha...

No doubt... because if his record was the reverse, we'd be hearing how great he was in turning them around so quickly!

QUICKSAND, MY MAN! QUICKSAND!

Actually, I think the bulk of us knew he always tanks in the first year. I didn't expect them to be any good. Matter of fact, I think they have a few good wins in their pocket already.

But yes, there really isn't any reason for him to tank in his first season, and his 'breaking down' his team is terribly outdated and counter-productive, in this day and age in the NBA. You burn too many bridges, with your own players, and your team executives. He could just as easily start coaching right away and get more wins, to achieve the same end results. But the old man just can't help himself. It will be interesting to see how long Mike and Bob Johnson put up with him, before they start clashing with him the way almost every previous owner and GM have clashed with him.
misterglover
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#31 » by misterglover » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:05 pm

mjhp911 wrote: It will be interesting to see how long Mike and Bob Johnson put up with him, before they start clashing with him the way almost every previous owner and GM have clashed with him.

As a Bobcats fan I cant speak on the Larry Brown - Knicks situation all I know is what was reported by the media and from the outside looking in that team was bad, Isiah was bad & LB did a bad job of handling it....But for the Bobcats he maybe just what we needed, we have a young team of unproved players who need someone to challenge them & coach them and watching them night in & night out thats exactly what LB's doing right now...MJ & LB have a UNC bond, where MJ is gonna listen and take into account everything LB has to say as Larry has also had Dean Smith sitting in on practices and getting his opinion, also theres a different kinda realtionship there, one built on respect and Larry cant take MJ's job so that tension doesnt exist either....our record doesnt show us as a better team yet but if you've seen us play then you've seen we have made serious improvements already we just dont have talent to make an immediate impact...if Larry gets his way (which he will!!) then judge his performance after we've made a trade or two and gotten a legit PF or some talent upgrades not on a team thats basically the same as a 33 win team from last year....
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#32 » by StutterStep » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:47 pm

^Very Fair Post, esp. the part that deals with the UNC connection. Brown was not Isiah's choice but the organization's... Brown talks a good game (dream job, etc...) but at the end of the he has proven to be an egomaniac.... I've watched him since the mid-80's and was actually a fan up until he left Kansas...

I then started questioning his motivations. The final straw was the damage he did to Allen Iverson's reputation in the early goings. Right now he's going to do that with a few players, and I've already targeted Felton. I'm not sure how you feel about Felton, but I've always been so-so on him. I've given Felton more "space" because I respect (and to a certain degree) like "Carolina Blue" (because of Dean Smith, Worthy and Perkins).

Isn't Felton worthy of this "Carolina love" from LB? I mean he drafted dude's position when it was beginning to be clear you needed frontcourt help. Now, there's talk of Tinsley? Do the math -- Felton is on the trading blocks! I thought LB was this great PG tutor! Coach 'em up, then!
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,950

Post#33 » by Capn'O » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:59 pm

StutterStep wrote:Also, don't you guys find it ODD that the Bobcats are reportedly interested in signing TINSLEY?

They have Felton and DJ Augustin -- two YOUNG PGs picked early in the first round, and yet the supposition is that the PG is the problem in Charlotte...sounds like the same old song to me!

No doubt. The question remains how Jordan responds to Brown's fickleness. If he manages the situation well, Larry's whinings will not cause the same distractions as they did here.

I suppose the other question is whether the Bobcats will ultimately benefit from his presence.

Too early for both, my man...
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,444

Post#34 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:29 pm

Its crazy how obsessed people are over LB and just can’t let it go.

First, did anyone even think the Bobcats were going to be good this year? They only won 32 games last year and have never made the playoffs. A 3-6 record by the Bobcats fails to prove anything. I mean the only team that beat them that didnt make the playoffs last year is the Knicks. And they also beat 3 decent/good/very good teams in Miami, Utah and New Orleans.

Considering those games, a 3-6 start is pretty good for the Bobcats

Brown did a bad job in NY. Everyone will admit that. But he was doomed from the start when nobody bought into what he wanted to do. Brown needed Larry Brown type players and that team was the opposite of that. Its like expecting D’Antoni to succeed without his type of players or players who will buy into his system. That is a big reason why he didn’t let Marbury step onto the court as he didn’t buy into his system the first time around. I mean didnt he give Isiah a list of players that he wanted gone? And I'll bet just about all of them are gone now or at least not in the rotation. No coincedence that we are winning now that most of those same players are gone.

Brown handled the hole year horribly and def deserves some blame, but Marbury and Isiah deserve just as much blame. All the people who obsess over Larry Brown just wanted to blame everything on LB, and ignore that we avgeraged under 29 wins the seasons before and the 2 seasons after LB. If it was all LBs fault we would have won more games back then.

This team and franshise was just in turmoil back then. I don’t think there are many coaches that could have succeeded under those conditions.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
karnivore
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#35 » by karnivore » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:32 pm

TKF, hopefully next year they will be without LB
When opportunity knocks, open the door !!!
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#36 » by boomann21 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:36 pm

Brad Lohaus wrote:Its crazy how obsessed people are over LB and just can’t let it go.

First, did anyone even think the Bobcats were going to be good this year? They only won 32 games last year and have never made the playoffs. A 3-6 record by the Bobcats fails to prove anything. I mean the only team that beat them that didnt make the playoffs last year is the Knicks. And they also beat 3 decent/good/very good teams in Miami, Utah and New Orleans.

Brown did a bad job in NY. Everyone will admit that. But he was doomed from the start when nobody bought into what he wanted to do. Brown needed Larry Brown type players and that team was the opposite of that. Its like expecting D’Antoni to succeed without his type of players or players who will buy into his system. That is a big reason why he didn’t let Marbury step onto the court as he didn’t buy into his system the first time around. I mean didnt he give Isiah a list of players that he wanted gone? And I'll bet just about all of them are gone now or at least not in the rotation. No coincedence that we are winning now that most of those same players are gone.

Brown handled the hole year horribly and def deserves some blame, but Marbury and Isiah deserve just as much blame. All the people who obsess over Larry Brown just wanted to blame everything on LB, and ignore that we avgeraged under 29 wins the seasons before and the 2 seasons after LB. If it was all LBs fault we would have won more games back then.

This team and franshise was just in turmoil back then. I don’t think there are many coaches that could have succeeded under those conditions.

Nate Robinson was on that list smart guy
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,049

Post#37 » by vallen » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:47 pm

Hall of Famer...... :dontknow:
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#38 » by StutterStep » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:53 pm

Hi Brad... another Brown-apologist

steps up to get beat down
broken down to an organic compound

How do you figure we averaged 29 wins the two years before LB? We won 39 then 33...

"Brown-type players" -- another buzz-word that really makes so little sense. Think about it, everyone said Zach wasn't a MikeD type player, and really isn't but he's a baller. Didn't LB diss the entire roster up until he had no backers, so he put Crawford under his wing?

Oh, so because Charlotte won 33 games last year and had no expectations we should forgive his 3-6 start? Meanwhile back at the ranch, you were predicting we'd suck even with maximum effort -- yet, we are 6-4, with 2 very close losses to Dallas and SAS... Come AGAIN?
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#39 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:32 am

StutterStep wrote:
How do you figure we averaged 29 wins the two years before LB? We won 39 then 33...

2005 - 33 wins
2007 - 33 wins
2008 - 23 wins
avg - 29.6 wins

season before, 2 seasons after. i probably phrased it wrong. Point is we were bad for 4 years in a row. LB was only here for one of those seasons. That right there should be evidence enough that LB was far from our only problem. Its a logical process of elimination. You throw out the trash and the apt still stinks then maybe there's a dead rat under the carpet or some 2 week old fish in the fridge. Maybe its time to realize that Marbury and Isiah were MAJOR (shout out to leads) problems too. And yeah the trash still smelled bad. LB was part of the problem that year too.

StutterStep wrote:Oh, so because Charlotte won 33 games last year and had no expectations we should forgive his 3-6 start?

Dude, its 3-6. They win there next game its 4-6. They lose its 3-7. Its not that bad for the Bobcats. Your acting like a 3-6 start will tarnish LBs legacy forever. And really I wouldnt even care much if it did.

StutterStep wrote: Meanwhile back at the ranch, you were predicting we'd suck even with maximum effort -- yet, we are 6-4, with 2 very close losses to Dallas and SAS... Come AGAIN?

Great. I'm glad the Knicks are 6-4. That doesnt have much to do with 3 years ago. A LOT has changed since then in case you havent noticed. Only the stalkers wouldnt realize that. Yeah, I said they would suck this year and am wrong so far. But I also said they were better off getting rid of Marbury and starting Duhon. You killed me for that and accused me of wanting to tank. Basically, you predicted we would suck too this year if we started Duhon and got rid of Marbury which we did.......

so in a sense we both said they would suck this year.... :lol:
Mavs
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#40 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:34 am

boomann21 wrote:
Brad Lohaus wrote:Its crazy how obsessed people are over LB and just can’t let it go.

Nate Robinson was on that list smart guy

So he was 5 for 6? 4 for 5? 7 for 8? Hey, nobody said the man was perfect. Hell, you can even say he was a bad coach that year. But he had a better clue about the team then Isiah.
Mavs

Return to New York Knicks