ImageImageImageImageImage

The excuses are getting tired

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

The excuses are getting tired 

Post#1 » by GuyverADL » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:48 pm

I mean I have heard it all with this team

- the refs are against us
- david stern hates us
- new coach
- new system
- tired legs
- new players
- injuries(bone spurs)
- extra atmospheric pressure

really we have been losing for awhile now folks. Can we stop making excuses for these guys.
hoopaholic714
Senior
And1: 0

Re: The excuses are getting tired 

Post#2 » by hoopaholic714 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:56 pm

Optimus, why are you a Knicks fan? Seriously man I have never seen a fan who hates his team as much as you do. I feel for you man, I think this team is going to give you an ulcer or something.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,913

Post#3 » by god shammgod » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:57 pm

optimusADL wrote:I mean I have heard it all with this team

- david stern hates us
- new coach
- new system
- tired legs
- new players
- injuries(bone spurs)

really we have been losing for awhile now folks. Can we stop making excuses for these guys.

people have convinced themselves that this team is improved so they need an "escapegoat". funny thing is i told a certain mod that he thinks there's a conspiracy against us by the refs during the summer and he got very upset and warned me over that. and yet in another thread him and others are discussing that idea as if it's rational. these people are watching the x-files as if it's the history channel.
NySpartan4
Bench Warmer
And1: 6

Post#4 » by NySpartan4 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:02 pm

gotta love mods sometimes ;)
Bill Bradley: BNO doesn't annoy me with his pessimism. It's more about the very core of his being that I find annoying.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#5 » by GuyverADL » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:05 pm

hoopaholic714 wrote:Optimus, why are you a Knicks fan? Seriously man I have never seen a fan who hates his team as much as you do. I feel for you man, I think this team is going to give you an ulcer or something.

Actually I have been enjoying a few games.

The only people on this team that annoy me are Crawful and No D Lee.

I find Rose amusing.

I just find it funny how when guys complain about the players we arent "fans" but its cool to make excuses for the players. :roll:

They are the same guys for the last 3 years. I like to address the source of the problem not what stems from it.
Perdido/BR
Sixth Man
And1: 36

Post#6 » by Perdido/BR » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:10 pm

How about "we are not that good of a team"???

This is not like others sports, where you can just send everybody away, and start from scratch. there are contracts, salary caps, etc.

We have some good players, some medium ones, some bad ones. It´s kinda hard to make a GOOD team out of this.

Anybody that need "excuses" to accept our losing, was expecting us to win, and that´s just their own damned fault.

Yeas we will win some games, drop others. Makes no difference in the end. We are on the way to a good team, we´ll get there. Just not this year.

I´ve dealt with all the years when we didn´t even have hope for an improvement, so I can handle one more season of losing, or even two.

It don´t mean I don´t root for us to win every game, and that I don´t get falling down drunk when we win (come to think of it, when we lose too), but still, if we have to justify every loss this year, it´s gonna be a long year.

We are bad. We´ll get better. Pipe down.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#7 » by seren » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:14 pm

- david stern hates us
- new coach
- new system
- tired legs
- new players
- injuries(bone spurs)

You don't mean this season, right?

I am not sure there are that many people making excuses. We are not that good and Walsh is rebuilding. We are in the right direction. We need to be patient. In the meantime, enjoy 6-5.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,228

Post#8 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:19 pm

Are there really that many people who actually believe we are much better then 6-5? I didnt expect us to be this good. If anything we might be overachieving. This thread makes its seem like we are 2-9.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Pedro Pistolas
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#9 » by Pedro Pistolas » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:21 pm

hoopaholic714 wrote:Optimus, why are you a Knicks fan? Seriously man I have never seen a fan who hates his team as much as you do. I feel for you man, I think this team is going to give you an ulcer or something.

He's a Grizzlies fan.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#10 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:23 pm

only children complain this much.

its a sign of immaturity and need for attention.

do we really need 3 new threads a day for you to express your issues? You seem to have them with everyone and everything.
onlyonesharky
Starter

Post#11 » by onlyonesharky » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:26 pm

optimusADL wrote:

Actually I have been enjoying a few games.

The only people on this team that annoy me are Crawful and No D Lee.

I find Rose amusing.

I just find it funny how when guys complain about the players we arent "fans" but its cool to make excuses for the players. :roll:

They are the same guys for the last 3 years. I like to address the source of the problem not what stems from it.

Not every game are the refs. Yesterdays game was obviously the refs!
Let's give LEBRON the BLACK-AND-BLUE-PRINT!
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#12 » by GuyverADL » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:31 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:only children complain this much.

its a sign of immaturity and need for attention.

do we really need 3 new threads a day for you to express your issues? You seem to have them with everyone and everything.

I only make trade threads in the summer man. Try again.

Only children complain so much. :roll: I will remember that.

Shamelessly reduced to personal attacks I see. :lol:
onlyonesharky
Starter

Post#13 » by onlyonesharky » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:32 pm

- david stern hates us
- new coach
- new system
- tired legs
- new players
- injuries(bone spurs)

That is so opposite of what Knicks fans do optimusADL. We only point inconsistencies when they are present and obvious and always as a last resort if even that. We make excuses for teams LOSING to us because they have an injury, new coach, beginning of the season, new style, just beginning so on and so forth. Knicks fans are ALWAYS TOUGHEST ON OUR OWN!

You are quite backwards.
Yesterdays game was either rigged, just badly and Ironically one-sided reffed or officiated against the Knicks. Period.
Noone has complained about the new system.
The new player(s) has gone above and beyond.

You have no idea what you are talking about.
haterade
Sixth Man
And1: 90

Post#14 » by haterade » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:33 pm

No excuses here, I am actually surprised the Knicks record is as good as it is. I was expecting a 30 win season. If the Knicks win more than 30 games with good development of players, I would say this season is a success. The Knicks loss against Dallas and Milwaukee were the only 2 losses that I thought we should have won. The Boston game, the Knicks gave a good fight and were competitive especially since KG was not there but they have a good D and their players know their roles making them one of the top teams in the league.
|llsT oNe
Starter
And1: 165

Post#15 » by |llsT oNe » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:35 pm

A team can be bad, AND the refs can be bad. One isn't mutually exclusive of the other.

I don't know why fans can't understand this. And another classic:

Yes one team can be better than the other, AND benefit from crappy refs.
onlyonesharky
Starter

Post#16 » by onlyonesharky » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:37 pm

god shammgod wrote:

- david stern hates us
- new coach
- new system
- tired legs
- new players
- injuries(bone spurs)

people have convinced themselves that this team is improved so they need an "escapegoat". funny thing is i told a certain mod that he thinks there's a conspiracy against us by the refs during the summer and he got very upset and warned me over that. and yet in another thread him and others are discussing that idea as if it's rational. these people are watching the x-files as if it's the history channel.

This team has improved if not only confidence wise, via correct lineup changes AND THE OBVIOUS ELIMINATION VIA SUBTRACTION.
Have you noticed that Marbury and Curry have not been playing?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,043

Post#17 » by GONYK » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:38 pm

Say what you want Optimus, but the games we have been losing this season are much different from the ones we have been losing for the last couple of years. This team is trying hard, executing, and playing unselfishly. Stop acting like they are rolling out the same tired Isiah-ball, and actually give them some damn credit. With that in mind, we have been outmatched on defense and outrebounded, but that is a flaw in the contruction of the roster, and not for lack of trying on the players part. I'm not one to blame refs either, but the calls have been less than equitable, and that has to do with the respect of our players around the league.

How come we can't commment on things that just are facts? We do have a new coach who is implementing a new system. That's not an excuse, its a fact. We still expect them to win despite of that. You make it sounds like players get a pass for their play because of these factors, but they don't. I read the post-game threads, and I still see Nate, Lee, and Crawford get raked over the coals for sh*tty performances. So I am lost as to what your point is.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#18 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:39 pm

who honestly doesnt think this team is improved? Chemistry, Identity, passion - everything is better, even defense, over the last several years
EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,475

Post#19 » by EnigmatiC » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:42 pm

so what about when people make excuses for our wins?? is that fair to do??? Like oh we won because Deron Williams was out, and we won because Arenas was out, or we won but really lost because we let the Thunder back in the game, etc.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#20 » by GuyverADL » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:48 pm

GONYK wrote:Say what you want Optimus, but the games we have been losing this season are much different from the ones we have been losing for the last couple of years. This team is trying hard, executing, and playing unselfishly. Stop acting like they are rolling out the same tired Isiah-ball, and actually give them some damn credit. With that in mind, we have been outmatched on defense and outrebounded, but that is a flaw in the contruction of the roster, and not for lack of trying on the players part. I'm not one to blame refs either, but the calls have been less than equitable, and that has to do with the respect of our players around the league.

How come we can't commment on things that just are facts? We do have a new coach who is implementing a new system. That's not an excuse, its a fact. We still expect them to win despite of that. You make it sounds like players get a pass for their play because of these factors, but they don't. I read the post-game threads, and I still see Nate, Lee, and Crawford get raked over the coals for sh*tty performances. So I am lost as to what your point is.

The more I watch games the more I see the SAME from last year.

Simple question minus Chandler from the lineup like LAST year and what do you think our record would be?

Lets also factor in Robinson and Lee and in contract years.

This team looks much like it did last year when Isiah would sit Curry and the team would run and gun.

I still see Crawford with his one on one scoring. I watch him nightly. He scores primarily off the dribble. He is not a catch and shoot player.

I still see zero front court D.

Return to New York Knicks