ImageImageImageImageImage

Chandler RECOGNIZED by ESPN

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

NySpartan4
Bench Warmer
And1: 6

Chandler RECOGNIZED by ESPN 

Post#1 » by NySpartan4 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:50 am

The season's early surprises, from 1-15
It all goes back to expectations. We have a certain idea of how a certain team or player will perform, based on their past performance as well as our own perceptions and biases. Once the games start, those expectations form the headwaters from which surprises (the good kind) and disappointments flow.
Now that most teams have about a dozen games in the books, it's time to start taking a look at which developments have been most at odds with our expectations entering the year -- both for good and bad.

Wilson Chandler Starting Stats

After riding the bench all of last season, Chandler has become an explosive force in the starting lineup for the Knicks.

Resurgent Starter Starting Off Bench
PPG 15.4 13.3
FG Pct 52.2 40.7
3-Pt FG Pct 36.4 15.4

9. Wilson Chandler, Knicks
If Isiah Thomas was smart enough to draft this guy, why'd he keep him glued to the bench all year while Quentin Richardson was having such a stink bomb of a season?

We may never know the answer to that question, but one thing we do know is that Thomas' final first-round pick was an inspired one. Chandler has taken over a starting forward spot in New York in just his second pro season, and at the tender age of 21 is averaging a point every two minutes with solid rebounding numbers for the semiresurgent Knicks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/s ... ses-081120

Post edited.
Bill Bradley: BNO doesn't annoy me with his pessimism. It's more about the very core of his being that I find annoying.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Re: Chandler RECOGNIZED by ESPN 

Post#2 » by TKF » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:04 am

nice read about chandler, and I agree with the writer about Mcgee. that kids length and the way he plays above the rim is just ridiculous!
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#3 » by Smoke24 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:08 am

Chandler just needs to stay humble and even more recognition will come.

Stay hungry dude, stay hungry.
NySpartan4
Bench Warmer

Post#4 » by NySpartan4 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:11 am

TKF wrote:nice read about chandler, and I agree with the writer about Mcgee. that kids length and the way he plays above the rim is just ridiculous!

so true about mcgee.. that dude can be scary once he figures out how to play. a skinny dwight howard in the making? haha but yea..chandler's the man. my hometown boy! go benton harbor, michigan!
Bill Bradley: BNO doesn't annoy me with his pessimism. It's more about the very core of his being that I find annoying.
NySpartan4
Bench Warmer

Post#5 » by NySpartan4 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:12 am

Smoke24 wrote:Chandler just needs to stay humble and even more recognition will come.

SMOKE24...is ur sig true?? jcraw11 said that? that is AWESOME!
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#6 » by Smoke24 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:22 am

NySpartan4 wrote:
Smoke24 wrote:Chandler just needs to stay humble and even more recognition will come.

:lol: Yes it is and I was there to witness it.

Know what, I haven't seen him since he made that comment. :-?
NySpartan4
Bench Warmer

Post#7 » by NySpartan4 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:45 am

Smoke24 wrote:
NySpartan4 wrote:

:lol: Yes it is and I was there to witness it.

Know what, I haven't seen him since he made that comment. :-?

haha THAT is CLASSIC. lol i wonder if he knows that u totally OWNED him lol

Return to New York Knicks