ImageImageImageImageImage

We need to have a decent team for Lebron to come to NY

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

wwtsm
Banned User
And1: 0

We need to have a decent team for Lebron to come to NY 

Post#1 » by wwtsm » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:35 pm

One part of the Lebron to NY theory is that he'll make more money here and become more of a marketing superstar. However, if we're fielding a team thats worse than the Cavs now, is he really gonna come here? I agree with the trades we made today, but I think we're gonna need at least one borderline allstar caliber player on the roster to make the situation in NY look better than the teams he could play on anywhere else. Hopefully Chandler is that guy, because I don't think Lee is and I hope we don't bank on Lee developing into that kind of player.
supergallinari
Banned User

Re: We need to have a decent team for Lebron to come to NY 

Post#2 » by supergallinari » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:37 pm

wrong.

you fail to realize we now have enough cap space to sign 2 max FAs

im sure lebron would come if amare or bosh is coming with him.
supergallinari
Banned User

Post#3 » by supergallinari » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:37 pm

or wade or even rudy gay etc etc.
wwtsm
Banned User

Post#4 » by wwtsm » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:41 pm

Banking the whole future of the team on two superstars signing with us isnt smart under any circumstance. I want those guys more than anyone, but we need to have a backup plan in case that doesnt work.
robbysteinz
Pro Prospect
And1: 109

Post#5 » by robbysteinz » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:45 pm

Pretty sure Chandler, Gallinari, Nate...and Jennings/Rubio this year plus the "Bring your buddy with you"offer to Lebron is a pretty damn good team
knicks82385
Starter
And1: 99

Post#6 » by knicks82385 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:45 pm

There are many free agents that year to choose from. Add in our pick this year and probably extending lee and robinson, and picking up gallinari's option.

Thing is we weren't going anywhere with this team, and the fact of the matter is, they were both losers, and we weren't going to get anything quality in return. At least now there's a plan and a pretty decent one at that. If the plan fails, at least we have the cap room to move around and make fair trades for once.
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#7 » by RutgersBJJ » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:47 pm

why is banking on two FAs not a smart idea?

Orlando did it, now the problem is that they picked two FAs that were injury-prone, though they did originally want Duncan and he bitched out on them.

Lebron is taking a HORRIBLE team right now to the tops in the eastern conference. His entire team sucks. Mo Williams sucks. Verajao sucks. Gibson sucks. They all suck, except Lebron.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#8 » by bringinhinkie » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:48 pm

pg: lebron/nate
sg: draft pick/nate
sf: danilo/lebron
pf: chandler/ draft pick
c: bosh/jj

I really think d'antoni would have lebron run the point, the cavs don't list him at point but you can't say he doesn't bring the ball up and run the offense for a major part of their games. Lee will be gone in my mind, we have a pick in '09, we might lose the one in '10, maybe we can aquire one with lee/curry package. Either way lebron + bosh alone would be enough, lebron isn't even close to primed yet.
Pedro Pistolas
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#9 » by Pedro Pistolas » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:49 pm

RutgersBJJ wrote:why is banking on two FAs not a smart idea?

Orlando did it, now the problem is that they picked two FAs that were injury-prone, though they did originally want Duncan and he bitched out on them.

Lebron is taking a HORRIBLE team right now to the tops in the eastern conference. His entire team sucks. Mo Williams sucks. Verajao sucks. Gibson sucks. They all suck, except Lebron.

Mo Williams sucks?
He'll ball all over anybody on this team.
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#10 » by Da_Mane_Man » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:49 pm

this is true. honestly, it's impossible NOT to build a supporting cast AT LEAST as good as these guys. then throw in the fact that this is new york and we'll have a ton of cap space, and you're pretty much guaranteed to have a better team around him than he does now.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#11 » by bringinhinkie » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:52 pm

PistoL_D-iX wrote:

Mo Williams sucks?
He'll ball all over anybody on this team.

he def don't suck, but that team really is ass aside from lebron.. mike brown is smart though, he is a very very good defensive coach -- whenever your whole team buys into team d and you have a guy like lebron on offense who draws 3-4 guys and can kick it out to gibson for wide open looks or west, you have a shot to win
drj
Analyst
And1: 71

Post#12 » by drj » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:56 pm

LMAO at the thought that Jamal Crawford and Zach Randolph are the elite talents needed to entice LeBron James to NYK.
Bottom line: We didn't give up that much talent. We moved some very flawed players.
Exxo
Senior

Post#13 » by Exxo » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:57 pm

supergallinari wrote:wrong.

you fail to realize we now have enough cap space to sign 2 max FAs

im sure lebron would come if amare or bosh is coming with him.

Pretty much sums it up.
Sentenza199
Sophomore

Post#14 » by Sentenza199 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:57 pm

This is what I don't understand with KNICKS....
WHY OH WHY would LEBRON come to NYC....F%?&CK....Stop with that non sense....

Everyone think that LEBRON coming or even considering coming to NYC ...NOT
First, history tell us...since '99 all mayor free agent I mean from TMAC, DUNCAN, GRANT, BIBBY, WEBBER,KOBE and KIDD didn't even consider coming playing with us SINCE '99!!!!! ALLO

Some of these player didn't even bother to come for a sit down...Oh I'm sorry KOBE did at least return ZEZE call. So now you want ME to believe that LEBRON coming to NYC for WHAT...Because Jay Z or no even better NIKE said so....PLEASE....

2nd everyone is under the impression LEBRON would rather take the $$$ INSTEAD OR WINNING THE TITLE... Well I don't know the Kid but gave me a break if that he's only motivation(wish I thought).
We're talking about the same kid who watch Wade, Garnett and Ducan win the title.

I'm making a prediction right now LEBRON not coming to NYC not even coming to NET(or Brooklyn).
Lebron will be a DETROIT PISTON, LAKER(with Buynum situaton settle and please look at how much Lakers offer him??? there a reason behind it???) or CLEVELAND who can offer him to max allow plus an establish roster(yeah I said it CAVS will do anything even going over cap to surrond LEBRON).

If people are so foolish to believe NYC has a chance...than good luck
We need to focus on what we have and not on what MIGHT HAPPEN.
Now we're back in the lottery and even worse I'm affraid by June '10 I'll be watching the JAZZ picking the overall pcik and by July '10 Lebron will be signing his contract with Detroit,LAKERS or the Cavs.

At least there a bright side...we have a roster of Tim Thomas, Mobley and Harrington....huh that remind me of '00,01 & '02 season with Vince Baker, Glen Rice and Othella harrington over the hill player with toxic contract...

Talk about history repeating itself.....
suburban knick
Freshman

Post#15 » by suburban knick » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:10 am

It's not "history repeating itself" when you get players who's contracts expire. The problem with Baker, Rice and Harrington were that they were all mediocre and/or damaged players with bad contracts. Now we have above-average players (except for Thomas) with limited contracts.
Management has a plan in place and they are moving towards it. 2000, 2001 and 2002 was a bad team with no direction.
Pedro Pistolas
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#16 » by Pedro Pistolas » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:14 am

Sentenza199 wrote:This is what I don't understand with KNICKS....
WHY OH WHY would LEBRON come to NYC....F%?&CK....Stop with that non sense....

Everyone think that LEBRON coming or even considering coming to NYC ...NOT
First, history tell us...since '99 all mayor free agent I mean from TMAC, DUNCAN, GRANT, BIBBY, WEBBER,KOBE and KIDD didn't even consider coming playing with us SINCE '99!!!!! ALLO

Some of these player didn't even bother to come for a sit down...Oh I'm sorry KOBE did at least return ZEZE call. So now you want ME to believe that LEBRON coming to NYC for WHAT...Because Jay Z or no even better NIKE said so....PLEASE....

2nd everyone is under the impression LEBRON would rather take the $$$ INSTEAD OR WINNING THE TITLE... Well I don't know the Kid but gave me a break if that he's only motivation(wish I thought).
We're talking about the same kid who watch Wade, Garnett and Ducan win the title.

I'm making a prediction right now LEBRON not coming to NYC not even coming to NET(or Brooklyn).
Lebron will be a DETROIT PISTON, LAKER(with Buynum situaton settle and please look at how much Lakers offer him??? there a reason behind it???) or CLEVELAND who can offer him to max allow plus an establish roster(yeah I said it CAVS will do anything even going over cap to surrond LEBRON).

If people are so foolish to believe NYC has a chance...than good luck
We need to focus on what we have and not on what MIGHT HAPPEN.
Now we're back in the lottery and even worse I'm affraid by June '10 I'll be watching the JAZZ picking the overall pcik and by July '10 Lebron will be signing his contract with Detroit,LAKERS or the Cavs.

At least there a bright side...we have a roster of Tim Thomas, Mobley and Harrington....huh that remind me of '00,01 & '02 season with Vince Baker, Glen Rice and Othella harrington over the hill player with toxic contract...

Talk about history repeating itself.....

You fail to realize that the Cavs can sign another star to pair up with LeBron
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#17 » by Flash3 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:14 am

You've got no clue what you're talking about.

The Cavs are one of the BEST rebounding and defensive teams in the league. There's a huge reason why they were in the finals a cpl of seasons ago, and that's because of their defense and rebounding which were TOPS in the league that season. -- Their individual players might be horrible, but their "team" and the concepts around it is still pretty solid.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
Sentenza199
Sophomore

Post#18 » by Sentenza199 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:16 am

Ok what plan B...Because they have to be a plan B if first plan fail?
Be honest do you really think BOSH, WADE,AMARE, MELO will even consider playing for us when Laker or Detroit have a better no solid roots in place....

I don't know about you but I think we going to be the Bulls of '01,'02 when no free agent wanted to play for them. If you remember they have the $$$ lot of it with a young nucleus and yet no one came for the $$$. How are the Knick will manage to attract FA with that kind of roster?

We are so F/$%CK now...And what worst OMG the Jazz will get are pick in '10 and all of the FA mention above will signed their contract with other teams but not the KNICKS by Jul '10 saved that posted...
Kosar86
Assistant Coach
And1: 33

Post#19 » by Kosar86 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:36 am

Uh, Williams, Boobie and West are a better backcourt than anything the knicks have or will be able to assemble in the next year or 2, and also costs very little in terms of today's nba contracts.
Starks4Prez
Sophomore

Post#20 » by Starks4Prez » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:45 am

I can picture the Knicks making a run at Lebron with a Max deal, and Nash to a reasonable deal. That could be a very attractive situation for Amare to join in 2011 and close to a max deal when he's available. Its a pipe dream away but with the people we have in charge those are the free agents I see us targeting. We'll also have a new draft pick by then, along with Chandler and Danillo, maybe Lee and Nate. Our options are huge!!!

Return to New York Knicks